"Figment would be better if you could shoot" a single Dad's August 2019 adventure

We got up and made it to Epcot a bit before rope drop. Iaan really wanted to meet Baymax, so I decided to avoid the crowds and get this out of the way first. We started with him and also met Joy & Sadness. They were so much fun with Sadness pretending to sneak Iaan away. These are two of my favorite movies so I loved these meets also.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Then we headed over to the land, and we still were able to walk right on Soarin’. Iaan really loved it, he called it flying with the eagle. Lol Then we picked up our snack breakfast. Banana bread for me, I think Iaan had a donut.

enhance

We then headed over to the Seas, started with Nemo which was fine, then Crush, which Iaan loved. He sat in the front and was jumping and yelling answers when Crush would ask a question. Then he enjoyed looking around the pavilion, especially the manatee and dolphins.

enhance

enhance

He was also way too happy to be eaten by a shark.

enhance

Next we kept walking through Future World and rode Journey to the Imagination. I think we had a fastpass for this as one of our useless tier 2s. Iaan seemed to like the ride except for the skunk. I asked when we got off and this is when he said “it was ok, but would be better if you could shoot like in Buzz.” Lol We got out, he didn’t’ want to meet Ralph which was good because the line was crazy. He did have fun playing with the create your own Figment machine. We went over to Club Cool. I got him with Beverly but the picture of his yuck face came out blurry, here is his thumbs up for the Pineapple Fanta.

enhance

We walked into World Showcase headed for Japan. We had a lunch reservation at Teppan Edo and also would have time to look around my favorite pavilion before lunch. The food was very good (had the steak and shrimp), of course no chicken nuggets for Iaan, but he enjoyed the show and mainly ate the rice.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Coming next: FEA and a park hop

Last edited:
After lunch we were in our Fastpass window for Frozen Ever After. It was an ok ride, cute enough, but Iaan hates getting wet and he got like 3 drops of water splashed on him. So he first cried and then was grumpy for a bit. He did produce a pretty great ride picture though.

enhance

We had our next Fastpass scheduled for Spaceship Earth, but I got a notification it was down. Grumpy boy started begging for Toy Story Mania, so ok we will just go for the audible and head over to HS. The other bonus was the boat always seems to put him to sleep so he got a nap in to feel better on the way. Plus the daily rainshower hit while safely in the boat, that worked well for us this week.

enhance

We didn’t go straight to TSM though, our first stop was Indy. We got the short version of the show due to lightning in the area, but still had fun.

enhance

Next we decided to have some happier Frozen time with warm hugs from Olaf.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Then we headed back to TSL and he got another ride on Toy Story Mania. He loved it again, our scores were still not so great but we were just having fun.

enhance

We headed to Backlot express for a quick dinner. Iaan had nuggets of course. I had the Chicken Garlic Ranch Club. The sauce and cheese was very good, bacon was good (duh), chicken not so much. Oh well it was edible and at least I had a slushy to cool off.

enhance

enhance

So next up we’ll hit the Frozen trifecta with the sing-a-long. Iaan sang a little bit and loved the snow. He really likes when it snows in shows.

enhance

enhance

So we headed down Sunset Blvd towards the Lightning McQueen show. Iaan loved the music playing outside and did lots of dancing. The show itself was pretty meh for me, but Iaan got into it. Of course he is also way more into the cars movies than me.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Next Iaan was begging for a Mickey Ice Cream sandwich. He isn’t actually even a big sweets eater and not big on ice cream, but we shared this and he loved it. Next we went to Fantasmic. I knew Iaan would love this show and I was right. He kept talking about Mickey beating the Dragon.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Next up: finally a full day at MK

Last edited:
Looks like you all had a great day with lots of fun!

Enjoying your report. LOVE Fantasmic!

Can't wait to see your MK day!

Looks like you all had a great day with lots of fun!

Enjoying your report. LOVE Fantasmic!

Can't wait to see your MK day!

Thanks for reading, I had not seen Fantasmic in a long time, but I love it every time.

Looks like so much fun was had!

The food at Teppan Edo looks delicious and makes me crave it lol!

I loved Teppan Edo, I had not tried it before, because we can get the same at home, but being at Disney makes it better. lol The only thing I wish is that offered fried rice.

I loved Teppan Edo, I had not tried it before, because we can get the same at home, but being at Disney makes it better. lol The only thing I wish is that offered fried rice.
Of course! I think I remember the chef making mickey shaped food and oil, it was so much fun. I'm with ya on the rice. Noodles and rice are necessary carbs.

The next morning we were up for magic kingdom, we took our time a bit more at breakfast and Iaan did some coloring.

enhance

enhance

So we didn’t make rope drop, but we should be fine, we were focused on lower wait time stuff anyway since we already did Peter Pan and had a 7DMT fastpass for our next MK day. We headed left to Adventureland first since we had not seen this side of the park at all on arrival evening. We started off with Magic Carpets, because Iaan loves these rides.

enhance

enhance

enhance

We just wandered around taking in the sights. We ended up crossing back into Fantasyland and on to Pete’s to meet some characters. These costumes are cute and Iaan enjoyed it.

enhance

enhance

enhance

I love the way he put his hands up like a dog here

enhance

I love Goofy, we’re both tall, singles dads, and umm goofy. Lol

enhance

enhance

enhance

So next it was over to Dumbo, totally different ride than Magic Carpet. There was no real line but we still stopped so Iaan could play in the playground there for a bit. He really loved that.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Heading back into Fantasyland Iaan didn’t want to meet Ariel, but did want to ride Under the Sea so we did that with no wait. After that we headed back to Columbia Harbor House for lunch with mobile order. I had the fish and shrimp, Iaan of course had chicken nuggets. I don’t like Disney fries at all so I’m happy with the chip option.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Next: afternoon and evening at MK with dinner at CP

Last edited:
After lunch it was time for a Pooh fastpass. Iaan saw the play area in standby so he wanted to ride again there, we’ll do that on our other MK day. This is a weird ride, but Iaan liked it.

enhance

Next we went over to check out Enchanted Tales with Belle. Wait was posted at 20 minutes, but lined moved REALLY slow. Probably was more like 40, but Iaan made friends with other kids playing in the queue.

enhance

He loved the mirror, and he ended up being a salt shaker while I was a suit of armor.

enhance

enhance

enhance

We headed to Tomorrowland for another Buzz fastpass. Iaan still loved it, next we went to CoP for some more A/C time. Iaan actually was surprisingly into it and came out singing the song.

enhance

So we keep wandering around the park and next up is Tiki room, Iaan was really scared to go in, not sure what he thought it was, but once it started he was fine. Then we headed on around to Barnstormer. Iaan loved this one and kept asking for it.

enhance

enhance

Iaan didn’t want to get wet but I ran through Casey Jr splash pad a couple of times to cool off. Lol Then we headed back to Tomorrowland to see Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. Iaan didn’t get most of the jokes but liked seeing the monsters. Next it was dinner reservation time at Crystal Palace. We really loved the character interaction here. Eeyore was hiding Iaan’s face and he got to bounce with Tigger. Food was pretty good, Iaan liked the nuggets and cookies, I don’t recall exactly what I ate, but I know I thought it was pretty good at the time. Lol

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

After that, what else but another ride on his favorite at this park, Buzz? Then we walked around a bit, exploring the park after dark and went through the treehouse, which Iaan surprisingly really enjoyed. He did not want to stay for fireworks so I didn’t push him, we just headed back to the room to rest.

Next: Blizzard Beach, mini-golf, and back to HS

Last edited:
The next morning we were starting at the water park, so got to sleep a little later and play in the arcade before going to the bus.

enhance

enhance

We got to Blizzard Beach and started in the little kids area. This was my first time at a Disney water park, so I don’t really know the names of any of the attractions.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Iaan didn’t want to go to the lazy river, we went to another kids area for awhile. He practiced some actual swimming then we decided we were ready for lunch and to move on. We stopped at Lottawatta lodge for lunch, I think we both had chicken strips, all I remember about the meal was the blue raspberry lemonade slush was really good.

enhance

Next we walked over to Winter Summerland, Iaan was asking for mini golf and he was actually pretty good at it now. This was a lot of fun, the course was very cute – we did the winter course.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

This was really fun, yeah we could play mini-golf anywhere but a nice change up for a couple of hours from the parks and puts a nice Disney touch on it. Anyway we decided to stop for dessert before going to a park. So we bussed to Boardwalk and got some ice cream at Ample Hills. I had Peppermint Patty (yum!), Iaan had strawberry and seemed to like it also.

enhance

enhance

Then it was a boat over to Hollywood Studios, we started with the favorite Toy Story Mania.

enhance

Then it was a fastpass to finally ride Slinky Dog Dash. We loved it. Great family coaster. This was one of Iaan’s 3 favorites along with TSM and Buzz.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

He also got a Slinky Dog light up toy after the ride. For dinner we went to Fairfax Fare/Catalina Eddies Iaan had his chicken, I had some Disney pizza lol. Our cast member friend was meeting up with us to see Fantasmic – Iaan was begging to see Mickey fight the dragon again. At first Iaan was acting shy, but he quickly was ready to show off his dance moves. We had time to do a ride before the show so went to Star Tours for another ride on that, then had a great time at Fantasmic.

enhance

enhance

Hey why is he pointing with one finger? Lol

enhance

enhance

Next: Final full day, MK, and MNSSHP

I've always wanted to play mini golf at Disney! He looks like he's having a blast on SDD!

The mini-golf was a lot of fun, we will definitely do it again for a break from the parks. SDD was awesome he loved it. Will try to get more than one ride on it next time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter