Figment Flies (Comments Welcome)

figmentfan2009

Mouseketeer
My race, my pace. Please keep in mind with all of this that your approval is not required.

Where I am... August 23, 2018...

My current goal is Disney Princess weekend (5k and Fairytale challenge).
My ultimate goal is Goofy (dedicated to my DH who might or might not still be alive to watch).
I started weight loss in March.
I'm down 43 pounds using Weight Watchers and running.
Why? Every 5 pounds down is supposed to allow you to lower your per minute pace by 10 seconds... and to be as strong as I possibly can in order to help my DH (who has a terminal disease) every day.
My 2018 races... May Cleveland 8k - half marathon challenge
... August Rock Hall 10k Cleveland
... September Amish 10k
... October towpath 10k
... Pumpkin Run

I've managed to reduce my time from 17 minute mile to just about 12 minutes a mile since January.

My current intervals
40 seconds run... 45 seconds walk (starting tomorrow)
I've been doing 35/45 for the last few weeks

me2.jpg
This is my last race... finished in 1 hour 23 minutes
Running (for DH) as Goofy.

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing about your training and races. So sad to hear about your DH, yet glad to hear you have a physical outlet in place to carve out some time to take care of you. I find this board to be incredibly welcoming and supportive. Is Princess weekend your first RD event?

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing about your training and races. So sad to hear about your DH, yet glad to hear you have a physical outlet in place to carve out some time to take care of you. I find this board to be incredibly welcoming and supportive. Is Princess weekend your first RD event?

I did the Walt Disney World Half in 2014.
I fell in love with running Disney. Disney does Disney incredibly well. I didn't do fabulously, but I finished and I finished ahead of the balloon ladies. I'm looking forward to being able to get my picture taken in races this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!