Figment’s 24-Hour Day in Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure

figment_jii --

I didn't know that you had started a TR thread (I just happened to stumble upon it today), but I must say that I am glad you finally took my advice and did it!

The way you had explained Figment's adventures (in the Dining thread) for us seemed to lend itself well to a blog or TR sort of format, and I knew that the people who enjoyed your posts in the Dining thread would enjoy following a whole separate thread about Figment. I couldn't figure out why you weren't starting a TR -- even if it had nothing else but dining photos in it, it would still be a thread all about Figment (whereas the Dining thread features lots of different contributors' photos)! So a big :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for doing it!:dance3:

Figment sounds like he was having a great time at the 24 hour event

Continuing with Figment's 24-Hour Day in Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure...(and answering the big question: did Figment make it to 6:00 am?)

4:00 am to 5:00 am –- After riding the Haunted Mansion, Figment hopped on the train for another relaxing ride around Disneyland. The train was fairly full, but most folks got off at Main Street.
DSC_0424_zps88561053.jpg

DSC_0431_zpsa5b4db9b.jpg

Figment decided to make a complete circuit, which means he saw some stations twice! It a nice way to spend a good bit of time (and it meant not being on his feet, which were pretty tired). There were several people sound asleep on the train!

5:00 am to 6:00 am - At this point, Figment was getting pretty tired, but he was also hungry! There really wasn't much left open; Jolly Holiday and the Plaza Inn were both closed. So Figment briefly checked out the dance party in front of the Castle (which pretty loud).
DSC_0437_zpsd83c63d2.jpg

Luckily, the popcorn cart in the hub and the little espresso stand were both still open, so Figment had a snack of popcorn and a chocolate chip muffin. Figment was doubly excited because it was a new popcorn bucket…this one featured Big Thunder!
DSC_0442_zps1aee8cd6.jpg

6:00 am to 7:00 am –- After finishing up his snack, he headed down Main Street to see the farewell show on the train station. The characters were up on the landing waving good-bye to everyone. They played the Mickey Mouse Club farewell song, but it was a little anti-climatic after the excitement of the opening show (they needed fireworks!).
DSC_0446_zps0b17320c.jpg

DSC_0448_zpsc817771a.jpg

It was now 6:00 am! Figment had made the entire 24-hours!
DSC_0463_zps58554315.jpg

Figment was back in his hotel room by 6:30 am and he was ready for a nap, but first he had to pose with his souvies from the 24-hour day.
DSC_0477_zpsa7e660e6.jpg

Figment had a great time at the 24-hour event. He took the day slowly, which was very important for him, and made good use of FPs. The crowds were high at times, but it never felt like the parks were jammed full of people. Figment was expecting wall-to-wall people and with the exception of Fantasmic, that didn’t really seem the case. Park hopping was pretty easy. Seeing folks dressed up in costumes was pretty cool. The only thing Figment would have liked was to have the entertainment guides list the operating hours for the various eateries. It was kind of hard to gauge when something would be open or not. Other than that, Figment felt like the day went pretty well. Overall, he would happily go again and is hoping they will do it again in 2015!

Last edited:
LOVED this trip report, makes me want to do a 24hr event! Thanks Figment, its always a joy to read your adventures!!!

Thanks for this post. Looks like I am coming down from Portland for the 2015 event, this was a great way to get an idea of all the extra special stuff. Looks like you dined on some great foods. Excellent use of the train, a great way to rest the feet.

THANK YOU so very much for this detailed report! I'm flying from San Antonio, TX to attend by myself for a birthday/mothers day gift. :)
All your tips and info and times guides were great and I will use them to plan out my day tentatively, before the official one comes down. Speaking of which, do you think they'll post that times guide like you have days PRIOR to the event? Thanks again!

I love this! Such a great TR and pics. Off to read your one for 2015. I'm so sad they didn't do this in 2016. We went in 2013 and LOVED it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter