Fewer fireworks?

SpaceRangerEric

Bustin' Zurg since 2006
We just came off a 4 nighter on the Dream and had an absolutely amazing time.

My wife and I came away with only one negative comparison to our first DCL cruise. Are there fewer fireworks now and are there less deck space playing the pirates music?

We could be misremembering. Anyone have a similar comparison?

I thought it might be my imagination, but the fireworks did seem shorter to me last summer than other times in the past. Maybe it wasn't just me. :confused3

I thought they were pretty good last December. Similar to other cruises. I think some if it is that things are not new the second time around, thus expectations could be different.

Be thankful you get them at all. Alaska cruises are not dark enough for them, same with the Northern Baltic cruise....we got Frozen instead. Some areas do not allow them because of environmental concerns. As far as fireworks go, just "let it go."

I've noticed they are shorter on the Dream than on the classic ships. I am going on the Fantasy for the first time (12 days!!) and I'll see if they are similar to the Dream's duration. The Magic in September had a healthy duration in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter