Festival of the Lion King dining package....

Does anybody know if the safari is anything different from a regular safari? I know it lists a guide but it could be not much more than a regular ride.

Does anybody know if the safari is anything different from a regular safari? I know it lists a guide but it could be not much more than a regular ride.

Hi! I did this last week. It was terrific! We ended up being the only 2 people that had signed up for it, so the Safari was just us. We had an animal care expert with us and they told us a little bit of behind the scenes stuff and explained the animals a little further as we passed them by. It wasn't any longer than the regular safari, I believe they pretty much have to keep moving due to the "regular" tours going on behind you. I highly recommend the whole package, it was fantastic!

FYI- they extended this thru december.. i just booked!!!!

edit: ughhhhh,, it doesnt include the safari anymore for tier 2

Last edited:

I don't think tier 2 ever included the safari. Just the seating for FOLK. But you can use DDP for tier 2, as opposed to tier 1.

I thought it did, just not the private tour, i could totally be wrong.. now here is to hoping some FP+ open up for that time frame!!

FYI- they extended this thru december.. i just booked!!!!

edit: ughhhhh,, it doesnt include the safari anymore for tier 2

Ooh have fun!! We did tier 2, no safari but the show and dinner were AMAAAAAAZING. Used dining plan for dinner which was great. It was soooooo good. I can’t imagine how good tier 1 is.

Ooh have fun!! We did tier 2, no safari but the show and dinner were AMAAAAAAZING. Used dining plan for dinner which was great. It was soooooo good. I can’t imagine how good tier 1 is.

Ok.. so tier 2 didnt have safari.. I thought it did for some reason!! Thank you!! I'm excited!!

I have the dining plan also, but how to make sure they use your credits and you don't get charged? Has anyone used the dining credits for the tier 1?

I have the dining plan also, but how to make sure they use your credits and you don't get charged? Has anyone used the dining credits for the tier 1?

I don’t think you can use credits for tier 1. Tier 2 uses 2 table service meals for each person which worked out since we didn’t use a TS meal on our arrival day.

It’s like any other restaurant there, they ask if you have a dining plan up front. They’re very aware of the package thing. I think it showed up on our reservation in the computer. We got a 3 course meal w wine and just paid the tip. They give you a receipt and walked us through how it works w the dining plan. Final receipt had everything we ordered with big zeros next to each one. So satisfying to see it would have been about $250.

They were great w the kids, the bartenders even talked to my 3yo about the hot lava on the floor and “don’t step on the cracks!” as he sloooooowly made his way to our table (and he was totally trying not to step on the cracks).

There were other kids in there too but not crowded or loud. Quite spacious really. After a full day at AK we happily stayed in there for 1.5 hrs.

I don’t think you can use credits for tier 1. Tier 2 uses 2 table service meals for each person which worked out since we didn’t use a TS meal on our arrival day.

It’s like any other restaurant there, they ask if you have a dining plan up front. They’re very aware of the package thing. I think it showed up on our reservation in the computer. We got a 3 course meal w wine and just paid the tip. They give you a receipt and walked us through how it works w the dining plan. Final receipt had everything we ordered with big zeros next to each one. So satisfying to see it would have been about $250.

They were great w the kids, the bartenders even talked to my 3yo about the hot lava on the floor and “don’t step on the cracks!” as he sloooooowly made his way to our table (and he was totally trying not to step on the cracks).

There were other kids in there too but not crowded or loud. Quite spacious really. After a full day at AK we happily stayed in there for 1.5 hrs.
Thank you that helps so much.

Last edited:
Can you order the surf and turf meal with this? If so we are “all in”. My daughter wants to do the tier 1 package and eat all the lobster lol.

We did this in October. I think it's one of the best mejor secrets. Tiffins AND front row at FOTLK AND a private Safari all for $99? Yes, please.

It was funny, someone asked the couple seated with us to switch with their kid so she could see better. Um, no, I paid for these seats. The Safari was great, not your typical KJ, and we had a at member with us who have us a lot of interesting background that we didn't even get when we did Wild Africa Trek.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!