Festival of the Lion King dining package....

I know on a previous podcast or vlog, Pete has talked about how he would love to have exactly this. His idea is to get some kind of lunch to go then you get to ride on the Peoplemover for 30 minutes continuously while you eat.

NOW you're talking! And then you get front row, VIP seats at CoP. YES!

omg, seriously?! Because it's so hard to get seats for Lion King and a safari ride?! What's next? The Peoplemover dining package?

I know on a previous podcast or vlog, Pete has talked about how he would love to have exactly this. His idea is to get some kind of lunch to go then you get to ride on the Peoplemover for 30 minutes continuously while you eat.

This is the only dining package I'd consider-how awesome would riding PM for 30+ minutes be????!!

If they accept the dining plan, I will book this.

The ROL dining package, for which dining plan is allowed at tiffins, is $67.00 adults / $26.00 children. So I think it is quite likely the 2nd tier FOTLK package (the one without the Safari and champagne) will be offered since that is $74 per adult and $29 for children, but but the 1st tier would not since that is significantly higher cost at $99 per adult and $49 per children. Though on that note, I think the fact that the basic FOTLK packages is more than Rivers of Light suggests Disney has thrown in the towel and is admitting that Rivers of Light is a total bust.

Has anyone else noticed that the menu described on the disneyparksblog post is significantly different from the regular Tiffins menu? I am trying to figure out if that means the regular tiffins menu is changing (which would be lame; I mean, shrimp n grits and filet & lobster are hardly African cuisine), or if this is a menu unique to the package and Tiffins will still offer its usual yumminess for a la carte guests.

I hope they do take the dining and plan and you are able to get tier 1. I have a feeling, if they do allow dining credits, it will only be for tier 2.

As much as I would enjoy it, it wouldn't be worth paying an extra $400 when i have already paid thousands for the DxDP.

I called this morning. You can use 2 dining credits only for tier 2.

Maybe if I was going anyway, but w/o the safari it doesn't seem worth it to me.

The description on the website for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 say to check into Tiffin's 15 minutes prior to your ADR and you will get your voucher for the show (and safari if Tier 1) at the restaurant and that the Tier 1 experience is 3.5 hours total and Tier 2 is 2.5 hours total, which is implies you go pretty much straight from dinner to show to safari.. What I don't get is the timing because the last Lion King show is at 6:00pm, so any of the dinner reservation times you would have to do the FoTLK and Safari before dinner. How are you supposed to know what show you are included with in that situation.

Not gonna lie... just found out this only goes thru November and I'm kind of disappointed... especially after finding out it takes dining credits! Wouldve done dinoland and ROL and TH 1 evening, and this package another when I go in December :(

This is the only dining package I'd consider-how awesome would riding PM for 30+ minutes be????!!

One of my very best WDW memories - while the rest of my family did Fantasyland with their toddlers, I rode PM with my 6 month-old nephew. He fell asleep. When we came around at the end I quietly asked the CM if we could go again without disembarking in order to finish the nap. Well, after the second time around he’s still sleeping and a couple of CMs came over right away and quietly motioned about whether I wanted to just keep going. Yep. And so on. I think little nephew and I did 5 or 6 laps in total. That was so peaceful and fun.....and his first ride!

The description on the website for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 say to check into Tiffin's 15 minutes prior to your ADR and you will get your voucher for the show (and safari if Tier 1) at the restaurant and that the Tier 1 experience is 3.5 hours total and Tier 2 is 2.5 hours total, which is implies you go pretty much straight from dinner to show to safari.. What I don't get is the timing because the last Lion King show is at 6:00pm, so any of the dinner reservation times you would have to do the FoTLK and Safari before dinner. How are you supposed to know what show you are included with in that situation.
Agreed - I also find the timing very confusing

The ROL dining package, for which dining plan is allowed at tiffins, is $67.00 adults / $26.00 children. So I think it is quite likely the 2nd tier FOTLK package (the one without the Safari and champagne) will be offered since that is $74 per adult and $29 for children, but but the 1st tier would not since that is significantly higher cost at $99 per adult and $49 per children. Though on that note, I think the fact that the basic FOTLK packages is more than Rivers of Light suggests Disney has thrown in the towel and is admitting that Rivers of Light is a total bust.

Has anyone else noticed that the menu described on the disneyparksblog post is significantly different from the regular Tiffins menu? I am trying to figure out if that means the regular tiffins menu is changing (which would be lame; I mean, shrimp n grits and filet & lobster are hardly African cuisine), or if this is a menu unique to the package and Tiffins will still offer its usual yumminess for a la carte guests.
Proof that RoL is a total bust? Didn’t they just add a dessert party?

One of my very best WDW memories - while the rest of my family did Fantasyland with their toddlers, I rode PM with my 6 month-old nephew. He fell asleep. When we came around at the end I quietly asked the CM if we could go again without disembarking in order to finish the nap. Well, after the second time around he’s still sleeping and a couple of CMs came over right away and quietly motioned about whether I wanted to just keep going. Yep. And so on. I think little nephew and I did 5 or 6 laps in total. That was so peaceful and fun.....and his first ride!

Such a cute story! Now I just need to figure out a way to pull this off as a grown adult...

Such a cute story! Now I just need to figure out a way to pull this off as a grown adult...

Just ask. If it's not too busy they don't mind letting you continue riding. Or at least that's been my experience. I think I rode it like 4 times in a row one evening.

On my daugher’s first trip (she was 13 months old), she fell asleep during the peoplemover. My family got off and rode rides etc. My daughter and I rode the peoplemover for 40 minutes. The CMs were so nice and then made a big deal of her when she finally woke up. It was a great way to take a nap.

Similar to CP, when you book you are assigned a show time. The earliest I could get to populate was 3:00 and the latest 6:00 (for a lunch ADR).

I wonder if this will totally eliminate the possibility of getting selected by cast members to randomly sit in those front seats. One of the highlights of our honeymoon 3 years ago was when we were approached by a cast member and asked to accompany them through the exit and sit right right there in front and I even did the warthog call.

Agreed - I also find the timing very confusing

So it looks like many of the show times you get are BEFORE dinner but it says to get a voucher AT dinner for reserved seating at the show. So do we have to go to Tiffin's before the show to get the voucher? Or is it on the magic bands that we have reserved seating? So confused and want my reserved seats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter