Festival of the Holidays Holiday Kitchens

leebee

DIS Veteran
I've never heard of this before! It sounds like a mini, holiday-themed Food&Wine! Does anyone have any information or details? Would this be something we could do for "supper" as we stroll World Showcase on Christmas Eve?

They have a holiday kitchen in each country. It has 1-2 savory items, usually a dessert of some kind, and a few drinks. It is much smaller than food and wine, but the same idea. Similar price point. Definitely something you could do for a meal while strolling if you like.

If you google "Holiday Kitchens Epcot" you should find links to info and menus. This seems to get bigger each year, and there are definitely some great sounding eats! We actually didn't eat at any of them when we were there over Christmastime, though we did eat at some of the outdoor kitchens during Flower & Garden back in 2016. Some of the best food we had all trip! I think you could definitely "graze" around the kitchens on Christmas Eve and get plenty to eat! We're planning to take full advantage of them in 2020 when we're there over Christmas!

I've never heard of this before! It sounds like a mini, holiday-themed Food&Wine! Does anyone have any information or details? Would this be something we could do for "supper" as we stroll World Showcase on Christmas Eve?

You sure could! The food is pretty good, and much of it is holiday themed. In America there is a kiosk with a turkey "dinner", in Germany there is a sauerbraten "meal" and this pattern follows throughout the World Showcase. There will be menus posted early enough to begin planning where you want to sample,with items that can be appetizer, entree, dessert, and holiday beverage. I knwo it is a smaller scale than F&W, however I much prefer it.

We are also going at Christmas. I want to try the Yule log! And maybe some eggnog if I can find it.

I will be there in December as well with two teen girls. IIRC, there are eggnog based beverages but I cannot remember where. I imagine America will have some.

Absolutely! - We did it for lunch one day last year, and was fun.

They also had a different cookie in every country, but I'm not sure if that was a one-time thing or every year?

While on a smaller scale as compared to Food & Wine in terms of number of booths and therefore overall options, I believe that generally speaking the portion sizes are larger. I remember the turkey dinner being fairly substantial and almost a meal unto itself. Such a fun time of year to visit!

If you Google the menus for this year's festival they have been released and posted on several Disney fan sites. They are doing the cookie stroll this year as well for the pp that was wondering.

Don't fall for the Christmas Cookie Stroll. Not sure how they accomplish it but according to DGD "they all taste the same". She gave up trying after the 3rd type of cookie. They certainly look pretty though.

Some of the savoury offerings make for nice snacking or a change of place from a sit down lunch.

Disney Food Blog has an article on the Festival of Holidays out today.

Are any of the items snack credits on the dining plan? I looked through the article but couldn’t get a good read on the menus. I know they said that many of the portions were closer to a full size so I’m guessing those wouldn’t be. And how does the cookie stroll work? Do you pay once and have a punchcard? Do you need to get them all on the same day? This sounds really fun and I had never heard of it before! Thank you!

Are any of the items snack credits on the dining plan? I looked through the article but couldn’t get a good read on the menus. I know they said that many of the portions were closer to a full size so I’m guessing those wouldn’t be. And how does the cookie stroll work? Do you pay once and have a punchcard? Do you need to get them all on the same day? This sounds really fun and I had never heard of it before! Thank you!
Here's a link that lists whether items purchased at the Holiday Kitchen are snack credit eligible or not:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018-epcot-festival-of-the-holidays-booths-menus-and-food-photos/
As for the Cookie Stroll.....don't recall how the booklet was marked or if it has to be completed in one day. DGD was attempting to finish her card in one day but gave up with the third cookie. She said everything she tried tasted like a sugar cookie and lost interest. Oh and we paid for each cookie at each kiosk. It's not until you purchase the minimum that you get your free cookie and milk.

HTH

Oh yes!!! When we go in December we don't plan any meals on our dat at Epcot. Sampling the Holiday Kitchen items is pretty much what we do all day. LOL! It's great!

Here's a link that lists whether items purchased at the Holiday Kitchen are snack credit eligible or not:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018-epcot-festival-of-the-holidays-booths-menus-and-food-photos/
As for the Cookie Stroll.....don't recall how the booklet was marked or if it has to be completed in one day. DGD was attempting to finish her card in one day but gave up with the third cookie. She said everything she tried tasted like a sugar cookie and lost interest. Oh and we paid for each cookie at each kiosk. It's not until you purchase the minimum that you get your free cookie and milk.

HTH
Thank you! This is a huge help! I’m surprised how many of them are included!

The cookie stroll definitely sounds skippable, especially with so many options for treats at the kitchens.

We will often sample our way around World Showcase for either lunch or dinner at least once during our trips. It's a great opportunity to try the specialty, limited time offerings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!