Festival of the Arts returns January 17th

I happened to be there for a day during Festival of the Arts in 2018, but I was just on a general visit (I hadn't even been aware there was a festival going on until I arrived at Epcot!). I mostly remember food/drink booths and artwork stalls around the World Showcase. Never looked into events or saw anything about a mural, so I'm a bit clueless going into the festival for 2020! Again, didn't schedule this trip with the festival in mind, but I'm there smack dab in the middle of it.

I've never been big on the festivals, honestly...but I'll have to look and see what's doing ahead of my trip and see if there's something that'll change my mind and make me want to engage with it more. I do like the extra food options, though....

We were there for this in 2017 and I don't recall any food booths - or maybe I just saw them and assumed they were always there. Does anybody here know for sure if the food booths are new since 2017?

It's like a mini Food and Wine / Flower and Garden festival. We love it - usually cool temps, interesting setups and photo ops, a few neat things for the kids to do. You know it's there but it doesn't necessarily take over World Showcase, if that makes sense. My kids are 9 and 5 and we've enjoyed it in the past.
It's similar, but on a smaller scale. There is a mural that guests help to paint. You can buy a cookie that comes with icing to paint on it. There are lots of photo ops.

The Broadway singers are amazing. But I saw lots of restless kids after the first couple numbers. My son went with his theatre friends last year and loved every minute!

thanks!

It's my favorite festival, too! Though I will say that I think it transforms World Showcase even more than Food and Wine simply due to the amount of tents set up with art for sale. There are several spots that easily become bottlenecks with crowds. I love art (and shopping...) so for me, a very frequent Epcot visitor, it's a great change of pace.

We love the animation academy and art classes they have done in the past, life size photo ops, sidewalk chalk art, paint by numbers mural, food booths, special art shows near the fountain, the living statues, all the shopping, and - especially - the music of Broadway shows. Definitely not the most interesting for kids but a blast for theater fans.

When will the special events be announced and able to be booked. We are interested in one of the classes we saw on last years schedule.

Thanks.

We really enjoyed the festival. The food booths were very crowded when we went but we enjoyed the art and the photo props. The living status were awesome. My girls enjoyed it too. Also, started a tradition of getting a really nice art piece which was signed by the artist. Now we've got to do it every time we go back!

Just curious, I booked my trip ages before knowing the dates, since I wasn’t going for the Festval specifically, really for my birthday...I hadn’t even thought the festival would be going on then. Once the dates got released, I realized that I had one shot to see it, that’s 2/24, the very last day. With it being the final day and all, should I expect not all the activities and booths to be there? The way my schedule works out, I was only able to move around ADRs and whatnot for this day, I can’t go earlier (I arrive 2/22 mid-PM so no park that day). I’m spending my birthday (2/23) in MK, with ADRs already set in place there, and that day’s non-negotiable.

Also, my last possible day that I could do Epcot would be 2/29. If I go again then, would I catch any of the Flower & Garden? Possibly the topiaries and decor like a PP mentioned? Again I didn’t plan on Festivals being around during my trip, so anything I can see is a bonus in my eyes. :goodvibes

I would love to go but now since we're going in October we will have to wait until 2021 and with all the Epcot construction I'm wondering if Disney will even have it in 2021. I was thinking of next December but now I may be interested in waiting. The only thing is Disney doesn't announce this that far in advance for trip planning purposes.

This is our favorite Epcot festival for a few reasons.

First - it feels a little more laid back than Food and Wine IMO. To us it has the vibe of a local street festival. At the same time I think the special food and drink carts compare favorably to other festivals. In recent years we have become big theater fans so that part is very cool and has a unique event feel.

My wife and I have gone the last two years on opening day. It seems like every year there is a lack of schedule information until not too long before the festival. I would say other than picking a day it doesn't take a lot of planning so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Do you guys think it will still be worth a visit with all the construction? It’s the only festival I haven’t been to yet and I will be there while it’s running.

Do you guys think it will still be worth a visit with all the construction? It’s the only festival I haven’t been to yet and I will be there while it’s running.
This festival isn't really affected by the construction since most of it is done in world showcase. They do have some performances that used to be done on the fountain stage but in assuming they will move those to the temporary stage by mission space

Yes! We really enjoy the arts festival, it's actually our favorite epcot festival. Love the Disney on Broadway concerts. The construction probably won't affect your visit much at all.

I want more details! This is my first Festival of the Arts (this didn't even exist when I was a CM!) and I'm really looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter