Female solo travelers

Minniefan2296

Mouseketeer
Have you ever felt unsafe traveling solo to Disney? Does where you stay help you feel safer? I'm taking my first solo trip soon and I'm second guessing my resort choice (All Stars).

Im female solo traveller from Ireland and I go to Disneyland California as part of a longer solo trip to USA. I fly transatlantic solo, then go to Disneyland solo, then stay in an AirBnB on my own in LA and meet up with friends who live there. I do alot of solo travel, 2018 was my 9th solo trip to USA. Im in the middle of writing up my June 2018 trip report, Click Here >>>>> https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...es-i-survived-with-no-maxpass-no-car.3692412/

I've done WDW, DLR and USR solo and loved each trip. I'm also visually impaired but because of family/friends not having time or money I go on my own. It's not easy as I have limitations but even then I have a wonderful time. I have never felt unsafe at Disney but it's still always good to be aware of your surroundings regardless. I've stayed at POP Century for my stays and again found it safe. Even late at night, there are lots of people walking around. I think you will be fine at All Stars. I do have this one bit of advice...if you can wing it stay in a preferred room location. This will keep you closer to the lobby and etc and there will be more people around. Also ask for a room that is not facing a parking lot. Again, I think Disney is perfectly safe but those little things make me feel a bit better.
Go and have a great time!

No, I've never felt unsafe at Disney World over about 6 solo trips. I have stayed at CSR, Pop, and All Star sports (and offsite), sometime with a rental car, sometimes not. There are always so many people around that I don't feel unsafe.

I went solo in 2015 and stayed at POP.
Never once felt unsafe nor would I feel unsafe at any Disney resort.
If I was staying at some random offsite place I may feel unsafe at my hotel but still never at Disney.
So many people around that if I ever did feel unsafe a cry for help would likely bring a crowd right to me.

I've stayed at the All Stars my whole life. As a kid I would walk alone to the main building to refill drink cups during the day and at night. It is perfectly safe because CMs are always around. As long as you adhere to common sense, you should be fine.

Have you ever felt unsafe traveling solo to Disney? Does where you stay help you feel safer? I'm taking my first solo trip soon and I'm second guessing my resort choice (All Stars).

I remember my first solo trip to WDW, and I felt a little unsafe then (POR). I checked in at 1:30 am, and even though they offered for Bell Services to go to my room with me, I said I could go alone. Partway there, I was really second guessing my choice. Then I heard voices whispering around the next corner. Nervously, I approached...and encountered 2 women in Mickey ears and gowns. Since then, in over 20 solo trips, I've been more nervous changing planes in Dallas or Houston, rarely at WDW. Stayed at the All Stars (Sports and Music), no more nervous there than BC or AKL.

My solo vacations have been exclusively with Disney because I do feel safe there. I've stayed at POP and CBR and both were fine, but I felt a little safer at POP because there aren't as many large landscaped areas and there is a higher concentration of people in a smaller area.

No. Use common sense the same as you would anywhere else but I’m most comfortable solo in the family environment that Disney provides. Most people are more focussed on keeping an eye on their kids (and some families are out later than my family ever was with young children) than some woman walking past or sitting alone in a restaurant. I haven’t done the bars much though but that’s mostly because I don’t do that much at home either.

I've done one solo trip. I stayed at POFQ because I wanted a small resort. I also requested and got a room in building number 4, which is right next to the main building and only steps from the bus stop. I wanted to be where it was a quick walk to whatever I needed. I didn't feel unsafe at all, but I figured I didn't want to be wandering the back of any resort at night alone.

2 AKL solo trips, 1 Pop, have 2 more solo trips booked this year. Never felt unsafe at Disney. I was even by myself with the driver on a Disney bus.

There are usually a ton of people around. Even though it's a value resort, it’s still $100+ a night. Not a sketchy $30 a night hotel.

I've done one solo trip. I stayed at POFQ because I wanted a small resort. I also requested and got a room in building number 4, which is right next to the main building and only steps from the bus stop. I wanted to be where it was a quick walk to whatever I needed. I didn't feel unsafe at all, but I figured I didn't want to be wandering the back of any resort at night alone.
I may switch to POFQ or AKL for interior corridors.

Can I ask why you picked All Stars in the first place?

AKL is a large resort with a lot of different wings. Lot of the time you don’t even see another person in the hall getting to your room.

At the values, everyone is going through the main building then out to the various outer buildings. There is a lot of foot traffic back and forth to main building. There is also plenty of lightning.

Can I ask why you picked All Stars in the first place?

AKL is a large resort with a lot of different wings. Lot of the time you don’t even see another person in the hall getting to your room.

At the values, everyone is going through the main building then out to the various outer buildings. There is a lot of foot traffic back and forth to main building. There is also plenty of lightning.
I initially picked Movies because it is being refurbed and the price. After thinking about it, the outside doors have me hesitating. I've stayed at AKL 3 times and am familiar with the resort.

I've traveled solo to WDW and Disneyland Paris. Never felt unsafe either locale. At WDW I stayed at POFQ, but I'm doing a solo weekend in February and I'll be staying at Pop.

I think it's safest to be aware of your surroundings at all times, wherever you are, including at Disney. Even, for example, when you are standing in lines.

I may switch to POFQ or AKL for interior corridors.
I thought POFQ has exterior access rather than interior corridors.

However, I don't mind places with exterior access.

I think it's safest to be aware of your surroundings at all times, wherever you are, including at Disney. Even, for example, when you are standing in lines.

I thought POFQ has exterior access rather than interior corridors.

However, I don't mind places with exterior access.
POFQ does have exterior access.

I've done several solo trips to Disney World (and actually met a really great friend off of these boards that way!). I've also traveled solo on a bus trip thru Europe, with a side trip on my own afterward to Disneyland Paris.

While traveling solo can be quite nervewracking at first, it can also be quite liberating. I have really enjoyed some of my solo trips as they have allowed me to travel at my own pace, and go do what I want when I want. I have also arranged meet-ups with other solos, so I'm not entirely alone during the trip.

On previous solo trips I've stayed at the All Stars with no issues. I'm possibly doing another solo trip in February for the Princess 5K, and will most likely be splitting my time between All Star Music and Art of Animation.

Go and have fun! There is security there if you need it, and if you have any issues, don't hesitate to reach out to the staff, they are more than willing to help. I usually found on my solo trips that there would often be staff members that would pick up on the fact that you were solo, and make you feel special :) I had this sweet older gentleman who worked in concierge. He got a kick out of the different shirts I was wearing, and would often pop by to chat and see what witty saying I had on my shirt that day. He loved my Tink one that says "Mood is subject to change without notice". Every time I'd walk by after that, he'd watch my face to make sure I smiled, then would look super relieved. LOL.

I've never felt unsafe at Disney World. Mostly I stay at moderates because I feel they are a bit more relaxing and fit nicely in my budget, but I have stayed at All Star Music and never felt unsafe. They always seem to have a fair amount of security around so I doubt it would be a smart place for any criminally minded person to frequent - there are easier targets I'm sure.

That said, I'm very comfortable travelling anywhere solo, so I think you need to do what make you feel the most comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!