Feeling discriminated against... :(

Single rider lines are my favorite! I just got back from Disneyland and only had to wait 45 min to ride Radiators Springs as opposed to the 105 minute regular line. I also really enjoyed wandering around Cars Land at night by myself ..it somehow managed to be peaceful even with so many people around

lol. Nice. I've got to get the Disneyland!

Yes, I'm sure it can be a bit awkward for male solos at Disney. I also think that some people would find it hard to believe that some adults who love Disney really have no interest in children period. Sure, some of them are cute, but I definitely don't make it a point to talk to anyone's children. I'm not there for the kids! I've gone solo three times, had a blast, and I plan to take more solo trips in the future.
Been solo about 5 times. I've never felt awkward . I have had words with kids but only in context of a conversation with their parents. I can't ever remember getting the stink eye.

Second guessing my first solo trip. I hope I don't have the same type of experience that some of you have.

Happy families a big part of the atmosphere I enjoy at WDW and I'm 100% more likely to talk to a child than the parents. I've never gotten a dirty look but I'm super maw maw, harmless looking. We're on the last day of a Vegas trip and I've had and seen just about all of the "adult" fun that I can take.

Second guessing my first solo trip. I hope I don't have the same type of experience that some of you have.

I hope you DO have the same experiences I've had. Every trip I have taken as well as my numerous solo day trips to Disneyland have been a wonderful fun experience. You will have as great of a time as you make it. Anyone who has problems with me going solo, it's their problem, not mine. I've had wonderful conversations with strangers and enjoyed every minute of my time on my vacation.

Last edited:
I hope you DO have the same experiences I've had. Every trip I have taken as well as my numerous solo day trips to Disneyland have been a wonderful fun experience. You will have as great of a time as you make it. Any who has problems with me going solo, it's their problem, not mine. I've had wonderful conversations with strangers and enjoyed every minute of my time on my vacation.

I probably should have qualified that a bit better. Thanks very much and I hope to have a wonderful time. This will be my first time alone after many, many times with others. I plan to have a great time.

When I was 12 years old I attended a VERY large Italian family wedding with hundreds of guests. I remember dancing and my aunt's brother saying "you know, when you dance you can't care about what anyone thinks, you just have to go for it and have fun." It was such simple advice and something I already inherently knew but it meant a lot to me and it's something I think about often when I'm in a situation that maybe makes me a little uncomfortable. We also sometimes THINK we know what others are thinking of us but are often wrong. Disney is for everyone, no matter what age, race, shape etc... Hold your head up high and just enjoy. Don't allow others opinions or judgements from living your life and truly enjoying what makes you happy.

When I was 12 years old I attended a VERY large Italian family wedding with hundreds of guests. I remember dancing and my aunt's brother saying "you know, when you dance you can't care about what anyone thinks, you just have to go for it and have fun." It was such simple advice and something I already inherently knew but it meant a lot to me and it's something I think about often when I'm in a situation that maybe makes me a little uncomfortable. We also sometimes THINK we know what others are thinking of us but are often wrong. Disney is for everyone, no matter what age, race, shape etc... Hold your head up high and just enjoy. Don't allow others opinions or judgements from living your life and truly enjoying what makes you happy.

Great advice! Dance like nobody is watching.

I'm just sick of it and making regret ever buying this pass because if I can't be myself there...I'll just go elsewhere, where I feel accepted and not left out.

Oh no! Don't let that experience ruin it for you! Although there were a few that made the experience sour, I know there are tons of other CMs and guests, like myself, who couldn't give two Dole Whips that you are, 1. Black and 2. Solo in the park! My Dad (A relatively new Solo visitor), had a similar take on his first couple of solo visits. After awhile those people just become white noise and you are just having fun!

I've never had this problem at Disenyland/Disneyworld, but I've felt that at other places. I've finally came to the realization that I'm not going to miss out on fun because I worry what other people are going to think. Let them think what they want, but I'm having a good time (and not interfering with their fun). Enjoy yourself and those that are judging can go and forget themselves!

Several years ago I did DL as a solo. I was in my spot to get on POTC. Behind me, a couple with a small child were assigned my row on the boat after mine. When the boat came up, I got on. They got on. Rather than make a big fuss OR sit with the little family, I got off and waited for the next boat with a smile on my face. No biggie, I thought. Some folks are rude, but no reason to make a Deal. After I'd finished, I decided to ride again, went through the line. When the CM assigning seats saw me, he changed seating patterns so that I was given row 1 completely out of order.

Another time, I wanted to do a character interaction but DH didn't, so I went through the line alone. A kid in line behind me pushed ahead rather than wait his turn. The character handler asked me if it was my kid "nope." I replied. "No big, I'm sure he's just excited." The kid got his pictures and was moved along. The character spent a good long time with me, and we had an amazing time.

3rd incident. I was dining alone (not at Disney). Waitress was not great, but then my order was severely messed up. Manager came out and there I am with my pricey order, my booze, my appetizer, just a nice little singleton not asking for much, other than what I'd ordered, but I was really nice about it, sure that the waitress was probably tired and crazy busy. He gave me his card, told me to come back the next night and my dinner experience would be 1. Much better and 2. Free. It was.

Personal lesson to me (I do get frustrated with people occasionally.) Just be nice and kind; shrug off snubs, slights and other rudeness. Occasionally someone notices and gives you a little pixie dust. Also, you feel better about it later!

Personal lesson to me (I do get frustrated with people occasionally.) Just be nice and kind; shrug off snubs, slights and other rudeness. Occasionally someone notices and gives you a little pixie dust. Also, you feel better about it later!

You are right... this is so absolutely the best way to go through life! I will keep reminding myself of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter