Feeling antsy! WWYD? Discovery Cove ticket buying edition

jaceraden

Ringleader to 3 kids in a Disney loving family
I am planning a Florida girls trip for 2021. We can only go during our area's Spring Break. Again. *sigh*

Discovery Cove with dolphin swim is a must for us.

I note right now our date is $10 cheaper than what I paid for the same date in 2019. But, I also see that last year's Blue Friday had Discovery Cove at 40% off.

Would you clench your cheeks and hold out for Blue Friday (and hope there's a Discovery Cove deal) or would you buy the tickets now for the guarantee since you know the general ticket price will increase as the date gets closer?

TIA!

So it seems Blue Friday is just Sea World/Discovery Cove's name for Black Friday.

As with anything price wise, it's a gamble. What do you stand to save vs how much higher the price will be then ? Know spring break prices are among the highest they are all year, saw over $500 last year.

Did you paty attention to what the prices were after Black Friday last year ? If not crazy, would take the risk waiting...but if going to be twice what you can get now, would probably lock that in.

Unless they changed it, usually what DC does is *UP TO* 40% off. What they had done in 2018 was making the expensive days cheaper while the "cheap" days stayed about the same (granted I didn't check this year). So those expensive days might be 30-40% off, but my day had only changed by about $10.

Have you looked at the "Give the gift" options & blackout dates? If you have a more expensive day that doesn't hit one of their blackout dates, it might be cheaper to buy that way than to buy your day directly.

Thank you for the replies.

I noted the give the gift was a higher price - I guess because no blackout dates. So, I went ahead and started pricing out my date. Somehow, I ended up buying my date just by going through the process to see the total. I guess they have my CC on file from last time?! No matter, I would have bought it eventually anyway but now I know my high demand day is secure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!