feel a little cheated by dvc

OP, saying you will save $800 every year seems like a stretch. The real savings would be what you would have spent verses gold pass. If you were going to buy 75 points, I doubt you would purchase two platinum passes every year for 2 people for $2200. Even with 200 points it is questionable. You just wouldn’t go enough to justify that. We have five people and many more points and we had to think about it. I am not saying it isn’t worth buying some direct points. I am just questioning the $800/ year savings.

I'm not sure why you feel cheated. Companies will never complete transactions like this over web chats. Instead of doing a web chat and waiting until the last possible minute to call, you could have called with time to spare. And having been given two different "closing" times, you chose to wait to call until after 8:00 PM. This is not DVCs fault.

OP, saying you will save $800 every year seems like a stretch. The real savings would be what you would have spent verses gold pass. If you were going to buy 75 points, I doubt you would purchase two platinum passes every year for 2 people for $2200. Even with 200 points it is questionable. You just wouldn’t go enough to justify that. We have five people and many more points and we had to think about it. I am not saying it isn’t worth buying some direct points. I am just questioning the $800/ year savings.
Unless they purchased a wad of resale points on top of the 75 direct.

I'm not sure why you feel cheated. Companies will never complete transactions like this over web chats. Instead of doing a web chat and waiting until the last possible minute to call, you could have called with time to spare. And having been given two different "closing" times, you chose to wait to call until after 8:00 PM. This is not DVCs fault.
Not exactly the way I read it..
He was not given two closing times, he did not expect to purchase via chat, and he did not wait until the last minute. 40 minutes is plenty of time to take a credit card number for deposit.

He was not given two closing times, he did not expect to purchase via chat, and he did not wait until the last minute. 40 minutes is plenty of time to take a credit card number for deposit.

Yeah, at 75-100 points, realistically, I would say you are buying AP probably once every 3 years, and at best, once every 2 years. Of course, if you decided you can do with much cheaper off-site stays once you run out of DVC points, than maybe getting AP every year make sense.

Otherwise, your break even point is probably > 15 years, and that's assuming the spread will continue to be > $400 difference per year.

Great3

Yeah, at 75-100 points, realistically, I would say you are buying AP probably once every 3 years, and at best, once every 2 years. Of course, if you decided you can do with much cheaper off-site stays once you run out of DVC points, than maybe getting AP every year make sense.

Otherwise, your break even point is probably > 15 years, and that's assuming the spread will continue to be > $400 difference per year.

Great3
You are missing where the OP said they also planned on buying a resale contract.

You are missing where the OP said they also planned on buying a resale contract.

Yeah, you right, I had to go back and re-read original post. If OP got enough resale points where it make sense to get AP every year, than I would say the difference between 75 points and 100 points isn't that much. Yes, $4,000 more initially, but you are also getting 25 more points. Those 25 points will cost about $2500 resale, so you are paying about $1500 extra due to this change.

In the whole scheme of life, if Disney bubble is where we like to live, is this $1500 worth ruining the Disney dream, and getting your bubble pop?

Great3

This isn’t just buying a TV from Best Buy. This is a real estate transaction that may include financing, which means credit checks.

This isn’t just buying a TV from Best Buy. This is a real estate transaction that may include financing, which means credit checks.
Hmm.... funny. I went through a credit check at Best Buy recently (took less than a minute), but not DVC when I purchased in 2002.

Regardless, they advertise they are open until 9:00 pm. Apparently they are only open until 8:00 pm.

Perhaps not the way I would have done it, but I think the OP has a legitimate gripe here.

Hmm.... funny. I went through a credit check at Best Buy recently (took less than a minute), but not DVC when I purchased in 2002.

Regardless, they advertise they are open until 9:00 pm. Apparently they are only open until 8:00 pm.

Perhaps not the way I would have done it, but I think the OP has a legitimate gripe here.

Whether OP have a legitimate gripe at this point doesn't matter, it's how DVC choose to respond, and they already took their position. I can understand OP just wanting to vent the frustration felt in a forum. Certainly, OP is entitled to feel how s/he feels, and whether we agree with how OP feels doesn't matter, we don't need to convince the OP whether or not s/he should be feeling that way.

How far OP wants to take up the escalation just depends on him/her, but my viewpoint is it's just wasted effort at this point, and only cause more resentment / negative feelings. We can only try to help OP see things in as much positive light possible.

Good Luck OP on whatever you decide to do at the end.

Great3

Last edited:
Ok, so after reading the past pages, The question that I have is, if you truly wanted to buy the points, and you knew for a fact that you wanted to close this deal, why didn’t you pick up the phone and just call directly? Why are you wasting your time with a chat message box?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!