fedex is on the way!

Goofy&Sleepy

Mouseketeer
I've just called for FedEx to pick up our paperwork to be delivered --I'm nervous. I think it's the right decision but I"M THE CFO (cautious,frugel,obessive) one. DH is fine w/it but I'm still worried it's the right decision. I worry about getting our $ worth.

We banked all of our pts (150) for 2000 because we couldn't make a decision about when to go & didn't know if we could make a reservation until it was signed. Was this the right thing to do? We just got back in May & may want to go somewhere in the fall. It's just the 2 of us & we can be flexible & take a studio.

Thanks for the board --it has helped me not be a TOTAL BASKET CASE.

Hi Goofy and Sleepy,

Welcome Home to another Tennessee DVC family.

I don't think you will have a problem with banking the points. If you decide to go this fall, just borrow some of the 2001 one points. You will have less 2001 points in 2001, but you all 150 2000 points in 2001 to make up the difference. The bad side is you will not be able to put the borrowed points back in 2001 if you chose to not go.

I was the same way when we purchased into DVC, we stand to close either today or tomorrow.....The way I figured out the cash situation is as follows, maybe this will help a bit.....We go on average every 2-3 years and stay for 10 to 14 days with about 5 people in our party.

1997 Boardwalk, 2 bedroom villa on cash $12,000
2000 Disney Institute Tree house villa on cash $7000
2000 OKW 2 bedroom villa on cash $8500

Here's where our DVC investment kicks in.....
$15,480 for 220 points at VWL
Planning for 7 people for Nov 28 thru Dec 11 2002
IF on cash, all included $18,000 plus
Thru DVC all included $10000 and change (airfare, park tickets(Annual Pass), and figure $55 per day for meals)

Maybe the numbers are a bit off, but nevertheless after seeing that we picked up the phone, "Hi, Edwin, remember us from the 1997 tour, lets talk about contracts..........." The rest is history...hope this helps alleviate any doubts.......Of course don't forget about dues, which in this case will run about $35,000 over the life of the contract (est.) but going on cash will get prohibatively expensive very quick, $27,000 in our case in just 3 years.........

:confused: I am so happy to read this thread because we are going through the same thing now. I am off to the notary tomorrow. we used all our 2000 points to get a better (?) deal and are looking forward to spending our points ASAP. We only went for the 150 and we'll see where that takes us. We bought in HH and are excited about the idea of being able to go to all the Disney areas plus some....are we being realistic? Oh God, I am eating tums like crazy!!!!

Congratulations! Glad to see another family from TN.
We couldn't be happier with our purchase. For Christmas we were on the Magic and couldn't believe how great it was. There is no way we could have had the vacations we've had without our points. I look at as our luxury, some people buy boats, motorhomes, fancy cars. We just buy Disney points instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter