February trip advice/DL hotel advice

*123JOANNA123*

Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!
We're currently considering spending a couple of days at DLP next February during the (Irish)midterm (Feb15-18). I was wondering what the parks are like during this time of year (other than cold :)). Are there likely to be parades, nighttime entertainment or fireworks? Do any of the rides close down? When is the UK midterm?

Secondly, I was hoping to stay at the DL hotel. How much extra per night does the CC cost? How does it compare with the GF concierge? Do they offer preplanning service for reservations etc?
How does the DL hotel in general compare to the GF?

Thirdly, is it possible to change reservations if a better offer comes along?(as with WDW when you reserve at a certain price then your rate goes down if codes come out). The reason I ask is that the package has to be prepaid at reservation. If I book now and a 3for2 offer comes out closer to the time (or a 4for3) will I be able to change?

Any advice much appreciated.

Just found out the answer to one of my questions so I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else needed the info.

I was quoted a kids free package in Feb and for a 3 night stay, the castle club would cost an extra 464 euro which works out at 155 eur extra a night. I'm not sure it's worth the extra, although the CM I spoke with indicated that the free fastpasses are included with all CC rooms (which could swing it).

Hi Joanna,

We were there for February half term this year and it was busy ! For example, waits for Peter Pan in standby approached two hours! Our half term next year in Devon is from Fri 11th Feb for a week.

I was surprised by how busy the parks were, and unlike at WDW you can't get such a headstart on the crowds by arriving early as the parks opened at 10am and a lot of people were arriving then.

The parades, fireworks etc were on every day which was great. The only area I remember being closed was the bit at the top of Fantasyland with Casey Jr's & Le Pays de Contes de Fees (sp?)

I am also tempted by the free FP's for Castle Club for next year but it is a lot extra and I suppose there aren't that many rides that have FP. Though it would be handy for Peter Pan which we seem to ride incessantly :)

I don't definitely know the answer to your question about whether you can change if a better deal comes along but my strong guess would be no. They tend to have the same deals every year, with the kids go free from Jan until before Easter happening every year. The pricing is much less flexible than at WDW (IMHO)

HTH.

Karen

Thanks Karen....our midterm is from the 14-19 Feb so I guess there will be some overlap. If it's going to be superbusy, I think I would go for the castle club. I can't seem to find much information online about it.

Can you remember how the weather was? Was it bitter 'can't walk around without my feet and nose getting frostbite' cold or just 'wrap up warm and you'll be OK' cold?

I have a feeling there will be no change to the room price, as I imagine kids free will be good as it gets, especially if what you say about the level of business is true.

Thanks again for the input

Joanna

Somewhere between the two Joanna - we all wore thick coats, hats and scarves but it was still nippy on your extremeties LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter