February/March 2019...

Thinking of going late February/early March (before spring break rush) of next year. Anyone enjoy this time? Have tips? I'm hoping to see Flower and Garden as well.

The first week in March used to be 'Our Week' before we discovered Food&Wine, the reason being that my university and 2 others nearby break for Spring then so you may not avoid all the college crowds. That said, we didn't find crowds too bad but they did increase as the week went along, 3rd lowest rainfall in Orlando, temps usually mid 70s to low 80s.

Bill From PA

First week of March is when we go pretty much annually. We love the weather, most ride refurbs are over, and the majority of the spring break crowds still haven't descended yet.

We've gone in February and enjoyed, only issue is that rare cold snap, but I'll take that over sweltering heat any day!

We are looking at the last week of Feb 2019, it's going to be a long wait to book! I guess I could call and book room only right now but not sure why I would do that, I wouuld just have to call up again in July when they release packages.

We are going the last of Feb through the first week of March. Never been that time before, so we will see.
We went mid Feb last year and it was great, crowd wise and weather wise, with not too many tour groups but a lot of cheerleaders!
I will post our trip when we get back FYI.

We are going the last of Feb through the first week of March. Never been that time before, so we will see.
We went mid Feb last year and it was great, crowd wise and weather wise, with not too many tour groups but a lot of cheerleaders!
I will post our trip when we get back FYI.

It "should" be a good time but I am seeing lots of reports of January being slammed and far more busy than previous years(like summer busy). It will be interesting to see if Feb 2018 is that way, I will definitely be watching!

I'm hoping in 2019 many people hold off until later in the year so they can see Starwars Galaxy Edge!

We went the last two years at that time (end of February-first weekend in March). We are going again in 29 days! I absolutely love that time of year because it is great temperature wise with little humidity and we lucked out both years with no rain the whole time we were there. The crowds have all been very manageable for us until that first weekend in March because there is a dance competition. Last year, we noticed dance groups at MK on Friday and also waiting for a bus home from MK to go to POR. At POR we only saw stickers and posters in windows, but never saw the dancers at the actual hotel.

I love Flower and Garden! We were only going to do AK & MK this trip, but I just changed our 2 day base ticket to 3 day hoppers because we couldn't help ourselves lol. Now I get to see F&G!

That's exactly when our upcoming trip is this year, so I'd be happy to report back with our experience when we get back!

It "should" be a good time but I am seeing lots of reports of January being slammed and far more busy than previous years(like summer busy). It will be interesting to see if Feb 2018 is that way, I will definitely be watching!

I'm hoping in 2019 many people hold off until later in the year so they can see Starwars Galaxy Edge!

Just speculation - but I think a lot of that was from people who had to reschedule due to hurricanes.

We also visit the first week of March since it’s our springbreak. Since DH visited in March, he’s now against ever going back in the summer! It’s still value season, weather has been nice for us and crowds always have been moderate.

Those BTGs are always there in the early part of the year. That piece is not new. You just have to go the opposite direction when you see the flags or hear the chanting.
What changed for them is the economy got better so it’s very possible that more tour groups came, as well as families traveling from those countries.

What changed for them is the economy got better so it’s very possible that more tour groups came, as well as families traveling from those countries.

I would say that is true because the number of Brazilians/South Americans we encountered in December was greater than we have ever experienced. Overun by them some days.

Go every year in February or early March... Can't Stress Enough The importance that mardi Gras has on crowds!! I never would have believed it if i didnt see it with my own eyes (twice now because I thought it was A fluke the first time). And purple LSU is everywhere. Its crazy!

Go every year in February or early March... Can't Stress Enough The importance that mardi Gras has on crowds!! I never would have believed it if i didnt see it with my own eyes (twice now because I thought it was A fluke the first time). And purple LSU is everywhere. Its crazy!
oh no i might have to move it back a little...since Mardi Gras is March 5th next year :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter