February hours??

cbonebt

Mouseketeer
Going to universal over presidents week but toward end of week. I just looked at hours and they close super early (I guess compared to Disney) like at 6pm and 7 and 8... any chance those hours will be extended??

That's pretty typical. Same thing happens at Disneyland in the off season. Low crowds expected equals early closing times. But, because crowds are low you can accomplish a lot during the limited park hours. Also, sometimes the Universal parks get rented out for private parties and events.

I'm guessing that one day that USF is closing at 6:00pm (on Feb 21st) is due to some kind of private event starting after that. All other days looks to be either 7:00 at IOA or 8:00 at USF (and later on the weekends).

As the other poster noted, this is a slower time in the year. For instance, looking at the Crowd level and wait time last year for the same period (I looked at the Thursday after Presidents Day as an example), Universal's crowd level was ~4 with wait times for the most popular attractions being ~30 minutes or less, whereas looking at MK the Crowd level was a 6-7 with the waits for the most popular attractions being well over 60 minutes (with some going over 100 minutes).

So in the end you'd probably be getting much more done at Universal with shorter park hours than at Disney with longer park hours.

Looking at Disney's website, except for Pres. Day week (notoriously busy) the parks are open 9-8. So, not really very different. :)

We are doing both and most days Disney open at least 9 or 10. But Mayb I will get a lot done earlier! Mayb just do park all day and then hope for warm weather for evening pool swim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter