February crowds??

Jillybee

Earning My Ears
We will be in Disney from 2/10-2/18 (the week before President's week) and have read that the crowds in Disney should be very light at that time :D We will then be at the HRH for 4 nights and visiting US and IOA for 3 days (Tues - Thurs. , 2/19-2/21, DURING President's week), and was wondering what kind of crowds we should expect.

I figure we will do US one day, IOA one day and on the 3rd day do all the things we missed (if horribly crowded :( ) or repeat the things we loved (if not crowdedd :D ).

Any insight/past experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!

To me, February is the best time to visit IOA because the crowds are non existant. It's a great time to visit because you get a coaster fix after the long winter. I went last February 2nd and Express Pass wasn't even being used because the crowds we're so light. The good thing is that all the rides will be running. The only negative is that the park closes early, last year it was 7pm. I saw all of IOA by the afternoon, went over to US, did a few rides, then came back to IOA. You will easily get everything done, which is good because then you can take your time and look at all the details.
Temperatures in the morning are in the 50s, I wore two t-shirts. In the afternoon it warms up to about 75, perfect. Check the weather on the net before you go, because sometimes there can be a cold snap. The water on the water rides is cold, but that's a small price to pay for no lines. Bring a change of cloths and use the $5 locker to the left as you walk into the main gate.

Glad to see someone else going to HRH - we are doing the same thing, disney 2/9-2/14, then going to KSC, Busch, and ending up at Universal ar HRH 2/18-2/21.

Just curious, we have ressies for HRH using the AAA rate, but still waiting for the Entertainment rates to come out - have you had any luck yet?

159 days to go!
Red65

Hi Red65 -

Looks like we'll both be at HRH at the same time! Where are you staying in Disney? We'll be at CBR.

I too have only the AAA rate right now. I called HRH on Wed. night and explained to her that I had the 2002 Entertainment book and that it stated HRH was 50% off and good anytime. At first she thought it was available (got me excited) and then she said the 50% off rate was good for only the first 3 nights, and that we would have to pay the full rate (or AAA rate) for the last night (again getting me excited that the Ent. rate was available for the first three nights). Then, :( , she told me the rates were not in the computer yet and to try back at the end of Sept. But, I'll keep trying every week.

I was curious, but didn't ask, why the book specifically states the 50% off rate was good anytime, and then the woman at HRH said it wasn't. Why would they honor the AAA rate on the fourth nights, but not the Ent. rate? Anyone know what's up with that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter