February 2019 DxDDP

Laurelinarien

Newbie Planner
Hello everyone! I'm planning my first trip to Disney for me & my bf (not his first time tho) and we booked the Deluxe DDP for our 5 nights stay.

We already have all the ADRs for our last week of February trip, that I'm gonna list below, but I wanted to know if more experienced Disney planners would be willing to offer any tips on how to make the most out of our credits (I'm still surfing thru this amazing but massive forum :earsboy:).

ADRs
  • 1900 Park Fare
  • Sci-Fi
  • Tusker House
  • Garden Grill
  • Biergarten
  • Via Napoli
  • Crystal Palace
  • Cinderella's Royal Table
  • BoG (for breakfast and for dinner)

And just so you know, yes, we both plan on eating a lot and varied (and I won't be shy to use my Ziploc bags:P), alcohol included.
Thanks in advance to anyone who replies & cheers!:tinker:

Edit: I just found out about the Disney Dining Plan Calculator and this was my result:

4M2c4b7
https://imgur.com/a/4M2c4b7

Last edited:
5 nights stay with delux plan you dont have enough places. you will have 30 credits 3 credits per day per person you have 9 places or 18 credits. and CRT with is an extra one. and BOG makes 20 whats for breakfast whats for dinner. if you can get a breakfast AND a dinner each day to make better use of your credits. Biergarten and Via Napoli are close to each other. Plus garden grill 3 big meals in one place-- you will be putting a lot of miles going back and forth. I would go garden grill for breakfast and Biergarten for a dinner. Tusker House for breakfast and Yak and Yet for dinner Holly wood and vine for breakfast Sci For dinner Crystal Palace for breakfast and BOG for Dinner 1900 park fair for breakfast CRT for dinner (what about a 2 credit Hoop de doo dinner

5 nights stay with delux plan you dont have enough places. you will have 30 credits 3 credits per day per person you have 9 places or 18 credits. and CRT with is an extra one. and BOG makes 20 whats for breakfast whats for dinner. if you can get a breakfast AND a dinner each day to make better use of your credits. Biergarten and Via Napoli are close to each other. Plus garden grill 3 big meals in one place-- you will be putting a lot of miles going back and forth. I would go garden grill for breakfast and Biergarten for a dinner. Tusker House for breakfast and Yak and Yet for dinner Holly wood and vine for breakfast Sci For dinner Crystal Palace for breakfast and BOG for Dinner 1900 park fair for breakfast CRT for dinner (what about a 2 credit Hoop de doo dinner

Hi Serene! Well I only posted the places that require ADRs, not the QS places that we will go to. Under our current schedule we would be using all of our credits (including snacks).
BUT I will revise my current plan based on your suggestions! Thank you!

QS is just not worth the credits on the delux With TS you get the appetizers which are not offered on the qs places Its a lot of food. and spending a good deal sitting eating

With close to 3 ts meals a day you are spending a lot of time eating

I strongly suggest lay out a plan for each day that includes travel time

So on day 1
Whatever park, w Buses allow 30-60 minutes to arrive at park and get through security
Meal 1, arrive 15 minutes early
Allow 60-90 minutes for meal (qs @45 minutes)

Travel from resort to resort using disney transportation allow 60-90 minutes

How much of your day is spent traveling and eating? How close are your meals spaced? With 3 course meals, make sure you allow enough time between meals.

That is lots of time spent eating for a first trip. I would skip the dining plan and only eat at a few T-S meals and have more park time. There are counter service places that serve more than burgers and nuggets too. Have a wonderful trip!

Hello everyone! I'm planning my first trip to Disney for me & my bf (not his first time tho) and we booked the Deluxe DDP for our 5 nights stay.

We already have all the ADRs for our last week of February trip, that I'm gonna list below, but I wanted to know if more experienced Disney planners would be willing to offer any tips on how to make the most out of our credits (I'm still surfing thru this amazing but massive forum :earsboy:).

ADRs
  • 1900 Park Fare
  • Sci-Fi
  • Tusker House
  • Garden Grill
  • Biergarten
  • Via Napoli
  • Crystal Palace
  • Cinderella's Royal Table
  • BoG (for breakfast and for dinner)

And just so you know, yes, we both plan on eating a lot and varied (and I won't be shy to use my Ziploc bags:P), alcohol included.
Thanks in advance to anyone who replies & cheers!:tinker:

Edit: I just found out about the Disney Dining Plan Calculator and this was my result:

4M2c4b7
https://imgur.com/a/4M2c4b7

I would make a few changes if I had the DxDDP and it was a first trip. You planned a lot of buffets, and while I agree that the draw of character meals is strong, that is a lot of buffet.

I would skip Tusker House and replace it with Tiffins. You would have a plated meal complete with appetizers and really good food. Or try to get TH for breakfast or early lunch. And a later Tiffins meal.

On your MK day, manybe move CP to breakfast or brunch, and book Skippers canteen for dinner. Again, a bit more bang for your buck, and you will not need three meals, using CS that day either. DO not underestimate the use of snacks to tide you over.

I also do not see any resort meals. SOme of the best meals on property are outside fo the parks. We really enjoy FLying FIsh on the Boardwalk, Yachtsman Steakhouse in the Yacht Club, Narcoossee or California Grill on the monorail line. Al Forno on the Boardwalk.

Personally, I am worried you got lost trying to plan more meals to use your credits rather than using those credits to enhance your dining experiences. In the case of the DxDDp I firmly believe less is more: 2 TS a day, with one a signature meal, and snacks in between.

Wow, really good comments all! Thanks a lot for being so helpful!

That is lots of time spent eating for a first trip.
And yes! Hahaha it is a lot, we wanted to go to places that had a theme/environment that we would enjoy being immerse in while we relax & eat :)

I have used dlxdp a few times and have it booked again in February. I book an early lunch TS and then a later dinner at a signature TS. I only do 2 meals a day, but use 3 credits. I do quite a bit at resorts and I like to have a few meals at DS. I enjoy the down time the 2 meals allow and the food is a big part of the vacation.

If you want to do 3 meals in one day, start with an 8 AM breakfast at your resort. I did that for the Bon Voyage breakfast on the boardwalk, then headed to HS on boat. Used my FPs and fit in other rides, and had lunch around 2. Then I had a late dinner that night around 8 at DS.

I love deluxe dining plan but plan a character breakfast and then a late signature dinner. I use snacks in the park or from the hotel quick service to tide me over while taking my afternoon swim break. You can dine well, visit the parks, swim and sleep if you do it this way. Also, if you do rope drop plan an early lunch and a late dinner so you can nap in between. Good luck and have fun!

We e done the Deluxe Plan a couple times and have found the best way to use it (for us) is a big breakfast and then a signature dinner. Using deluxe credits for QS is a very poor value on the plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!