February 2019 Discount Watch

When/if discounts are released, and I have an existing reservation, how do I try to get the discount applied -- I'm assuming I can't do it online, do I just call the Reservations number and ask if the discount can be applied to my reservation? I realize that it can only be done if the inventory is available but unsure on the process.

Visiting first week of Feb! Can't decide onsite or Disney springs area hotels!!! Bringing our daughter for her 1st birthday.
Ended up booking a split stay between POFQ and Contemporary!

If anyone is looking, I compared the costco package and disney website (without any discounts) and the package will save ~ $500 for Boardwalk Inn Garden view room (checked for 7 nights around first & second week of Feb).

I am waiting for discounts and will switch from POFQ to a deluxe if the discount is good enough. I think we will be happy either way though :)

When/if discounts are released, and I have an existing reservation, how do I try to get the discount applied -- I'm assuming I can't do it online, do I just call the Reservations number and ask if the discount can be applied to my reservation? I realize that it can only be done if the inventory is available but unsure on the process.

Yes, just call Disney Travel and if available, they will apply the discount to your reservation. Very easy to do - hardest part is getting through to a person when the discounts are released. :tink:

Yes, just call Disney Travel and if available, they will apply the discount to your reservation. Very easy to do - hardest part is getting through to a person when the discounts are released. :tink:

Thank you for the info! Fingers crossed, would be nice to save some extra cash (to spend at Disney... d'oh)

I was impatient and booked with Undercover Tourist. They have smaller discounts than what could possibly be released but I wanted to lock in any sort of discount at POFQ. Room only reservations can be cancelled 5 days before checking, but the reservation is paid in full at the time of booking.

I feel like I did this online 2 years ago. Did I imagine that? I couldn't do it last year, because I'd booked through runDisney, but I'm almost positive I did it online before that.

Getting excited to do our reservations at the end of the month. Also Southwest is releasing their flights from march 7th through April I think at the end of the month too. Our dates are Feb26-Mar7. Debating on whether to wait until a few months before our trip or grab them right away.

Yes call Disney and they will apply it for you but be sure you don't wait once the offers are released. They have to cancel and then re-book your reservation so if you wait they may run out of rooms that are eligible to have the discount. A certain number of rooms are set aside for a discount offer. once those rooms are booked the offer is sold out for that resort.

Getting excited to do our reservations at the end of the month. Also Southwest is releasing their flights from march 7th through April I think at the end of the month too. Our dates are Feb26-Mar7. Debating on whether to wait until a few months before our trip or grab them right away.

We bought our tickets the day JetBlue released them. My mom bought her tickets a few weeks later and paid more than double.

We were there February 1-8, 2018. Stayed at Pop and had a 10% savings on room-only rate. We transferred to Cabana Bay at US for Feb 8-12. Weather the first couple of days in the morning we wore shorts and a hoodie, by 11am hoodies were off and not put back on until sunset. After a few days though, there must have been a warm spell because we didn't need hoodies at any time! In fact, it was so hot we were able to ride all of the flume/rapids rides and dry off rather quickly! It was amazing weather the whole trip.

Where can I find a list of hotels that generally participate in Play, Stay, Dine?
Couldn't find it on mousesavers.
Thanks!
(We are booked Feb 2-9 at BLT, soooooo excited!!!!)

Where can I find a list of hotels that generally participate in Play, Stay, Dine?
Couldn't find it on mousesavers.
Thanks!
(We are booked Feb 2-9 at BLT, soooooo excited!!!!)
Found this for last year's offer. 2019 hasn't been released yet (Oct/ Nov)

This special offer is valid at select Disney Resort hotels for arrivals most nights from January 1 through March 10, 2018 when you book now through December 22, 2017.
View sample rates based on a 5-night stay in a standard room or studio with 6-day Magic Your Way base tickets for a family of 4—based on 2 adults, 1 junior (ages 10 to 17) and 1 child (ages 3 to 9)—within the chart below.

Resort Category Save on Stays Most Nights
Select Disney Deluxe Villas
Save $500
Select Disney Deluxe Resorts

Save $500
Select Disney Moderate Resorts

Save $500
Select Disney Value Resorts

Save $300
For stays most nights 1/7 to 2/5/18, 2/9 to 2/20/18 and 2/25 to 3/10/18

The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Savings based on a non-discounted price for the same package. Everyone in the same room must be on the same package.Tickets and options must be used within 14 days of first use. First use must occur on or before December 31, 2018. Some table-service restaurants may have limited or no availability at time of package purchase.

Offer Details
Book Through
December 22, 2017
Valid Travel Dates
Arrivals most nights January 1 through March 10, 2018
Package Includes
  • Room
  • Theme park ticket(s)
  • Dining Plan (Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan with Value Resort hotel packages; Disney Dining Plan with Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resort hotel packages)
Important Details

• Sample package savings based on 2 adults, 1 junior (ages 10 to 17) and 1 child (ages 3 to 9) for a 5-night/6-day room and ticket package.
  • The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Savings based on a non-discounted price for the same package.
  • Everyone in the same room must be on the same package.
  • Tickets and options must be used within 14 days of first use. First use muse occur on or before December 31, 2018.
  • Some table-service restaurants may have limited or no availability at time of package purchase.
  • Advance reservations required.
Length of Stay Requirements

• Minimum – 3 nights
  • Maximum – 14 nights
Offer Restrictions

• Excludes gratuities.
  • Children ages 3 to 9 must choose from the children’s menu, if available.
  • Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-bedroom villas, The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
Important Details
  • Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
  • Advance reservations required.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-bedroom villas, The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
  • Excludes gratuities.
  • Children ages 3 to 9 must choose from the children’s menu, if available.

If you made the reservation directly with WDW, you should be able to do it online. You choose "View Details" in the section with your res on MDE, and you should get options, one of which is "Change." I look frequently to see if a better rate (Visa, Passholder, Florida resident) shows up. I just changed from rack rate for early Dec stay to a slightly discounted Most Magical Time of the Year promo and kept my free parking reservation number. I've done this often in the past. You'll see what's available and the prices before you change anything. My reservation numbers have always stayed the same, but I've never changed resorts.

Based on the historic rate discounts, I'm going to start checking for discounts daily around the last two weeks of September (but may not see anything until October). Getting close!!! Thought I was all set for dinning plans, and then I saw the announcement about the Snow White and 7D dinner at WL. I'm a sucker for the 7D, so hoping to check that one out.:tink:

Need some advice...Looking to book in February 2019. I would like to go ahead and book a room before the discounts come out. Does anyone know which resorts are typically excluded from the winter offer?

Need some advice...Looking to book in February 2019. I would like to go ahead and book a room before the discounts come out. Does anyone know which resorts are typically excluded from the winter offer?

Look a couple posts up on this thread. It's got the details of 2018 play stay dine including excluded room types.

We are booked for February 25- March 3 at the Poly. Looking forward to the release of upcoming discounts that will apply for us. The planning to me is just as much fun as going to WDW.:)
We'll be there almost the exact same time Feb 26 - Mar 7th at AKL :) I love the planning as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts