February 2019 Discount Watch

Yeah, I loved POFQ when we stayed there. But I also loved AKL when I stayed there in March! (Hence why I booked it for one night, which is a surprise to my mom.) From your signature, it looks like you've only done Value and Moderate stays so far. I'd seriously consider the upgrade for AKL or something similar, especially because once SWGE opens I'm guessing rates will go up even more and discounts will be even harder to get! And for a longer stay, I would love to be able to explore so much of what AKL has to offer!

And yes, we will be there at the same time! I'm looking forward to Festival of the Arts so much! And I'm going on my first cruise - woohoo!

Yes we started out by staying at values and moved up to mods. We will be travelling with a 4 year old and an infant (his first trip). We haven't decided if we want to get AP's and plan for Jan 2020 (since DS#2 still flies for free then). I think that is the biggest "barrier" to contemplating any upgrades.

We are looking forward to the Disney on Broadway concerts though the 4 year-old may not be able to sit through it!

Yes we started out by staying at values and moved up to mods. We will be travelling with a 4 year old and an infant (his first trip). We haven't decided if we want to get AP's and plan for Jan 2020 (since DS#2 still flies for free then). I think that is the biggest "barrier" to contemplating any upgrades.

We are looking forward to the Disney on Broadway concerts though the 4 year-old may not be able to sit through it!
Yeah, you can also just get one AP and then can use it for the discounts - resort, dining, merchandise, photos. May even be worth it even if you don't do the 2nd trip!

It sounds like the AP discount availability is really limited for mods! I had a friend check the rates for Feb 5 to 14 and only Riverside was available. It would be more expensive than our current "Gift of Magical Stay" at French Quarter. We are in Canada so the Disney Visa discount is not available to us. :(
How are the discounts at the Deluxe hotels? ($250 including tax at AKL that @Lesley Wake posted does sound attractive!)

Not great for that time period. Sadly, my general public discount for BC over Presidents Day weekend is actually better than the AP discount, by about $100 a night. But maybe the week before is better?

I have CBR booked for Feb 3-8. I tried last week to add another night, but there was no availability. Checked AP rates today, and still no availability for the entire week. Checked other dates before and after that week, and the AP price is MORE than what I'm paying for Feb 3-8. I think they raised rates for CBR when the construction was complete!

I just went back in today and booked the Boardwalk Inn at $748.00 less than the original reservation I had booked, which included the Gift of Magic 25% off rate. So do not give up and keep looking, this was NOT there yesterday either online or with the two cast members I spoke with on the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter