February 2019 - Check In

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've updated the list to add our most recent additions. I think I got everyone! Let me know if I missed you and you want to be added.

I'm about ready to start packing. I need to work on my list first. I did add pages to my bullet journal for the trip but haven't finished them. I'm so excited I want to get started but it's super busy at work and I'm having trouble finding time to day dream and plan!! Dang job! :)

25 more days! We told our 4yo that we would be going to Disney in just 3(ish) weeks and his eyes got wide with excitement. He said that's not a very long time, is it? I said no it wasn't and he was very excited. He's known from the start that we were going but of course couldnt grasp the whole "time" thing. This morning we counted the days on the calendar together and he looked at me and said, "That's a really long time, Papa." Poor kid, he'll be so excited for that middle-of-the-night wake up call and trip to the airport in a few weeks.

IT'S FEBRUARY!! Now we can all say "I'm going to Disneyland this month!"

I may have been walking around my office saying this repeatedly today...

Me, too! Trying to plan meetings for this month and I keep getting to say, "Nope, can't do that week--I'll be at Disneyland!" Yay!

I'm working on packing lists tonight. Having a hard time deciding what to bring clothing wise, since this week has had a deluge of water one day, and 70* another day, and it seems like it's been more rainy this year. Oh well! A wet day at Disneyland is still better than a day at my desk at work :D Hahaha

19 days and an hour from now, I'll be getting on the second leg of my flight down! Yay!

I've been documenting some of the SWGE construction during each of my visits the last few years. This will likely prove my last set of pictures, since it will be darn-skippy near the opening of the land when I go back in June... Then I'll have to figure out other reasons to go to the parking garage so I can ride the trams!

IT'S FEBRUARY!! Now we can all say "I'm going to Disneyland this month!"

I may have been walking around my office saying this repeatedly today...

I'm 3 weeks out from the beginning of my trip today! We're going to Santa Monica first for a couple of days.

I have never been to Disneyland. We have gone to WDW but my sister did all the planning. We will be spending 3 days at Disneyland at the beginning of our honeymoon before we head over to Aulani. I've been doing a lot of research and getting so overwhelmed and discouraged. WDW makes things so seamless when it comes to booking and setting things up and feel like Disneyland is drive me bonkers! From hotels, to transportation to dining and photpass and fast passes? Even booking Aulani drove me insane as well because Disney wouldn't allow us to see our reservations online after we made them, unlike WDW where you can go into your account and see they and change them and stare at them.. LOL..
anyways..

1. How is the weather out there in February? (I have never been to the West Coast)
2. What are the best places to eat? I was hoping to do at least one dinner/show combo.
3. Which onsite Disney Hotel do you recommend? I was thinking Disneyland Hotel and just walking to the parks.
4. Do you recommend paying for Disney transport from the airport in LAX or getting uber or lyft? We are only there for 3 days so renting a car is not necessary. Trying to save all the big buck for Aulani. lol
5. Do you think one day at each park is the way to go or would you get hoppers and go back and fourth both days? Depending on our flights, We may go to the park on the day we get there too, just haven't fully committed to that yet.

I have never been to Disneyland. We have gone to WDW but my sister did all the planning. We will be spending 3 days at Disneyland at the beginning of our honeymoon before we head over to Aulani. I've been doing a lot of research and getting so overwhelmed and discouraged. WDW makes things so seamless when it comes to booking and setting things up and feel like Disneyland is drive me bonkers! From hotels, to transportation to dining and photpass and fast passes? Even booking Aulani drove me insane as well because Disney wouldn't allow us to see our reservations online after we made them, unlike WDW where you can go into your account and see they and change them and stare at them.. LOL..
anyways..

1. How is the weather out there in February? (I have never been to the West Coast)
2. What are the best places to eat? I was hoping to do at least one dinner/show combo.
3. Which onsite Disney Hotel do you recommend? I was thinking Disneyland Hotel and just walking to the parks.
4. Do you recommend paying for Disney transport from the airport in LAX or getting uber or lyft? We are only there for 3 days so renting a car is not necessary. Trying to save all the big buck for Aulani. lol
5. Do you think one day at each park is the way to go or would you get hoppers and go back and fourth both days? Depending on our flights, We may go to the park on the day we get there too, just haven't fully committed to that yet.

First, I am so jealous you get to go to Aulani. Someday I will make it there!

The weather in Feb can go many ways, rain, colder, warmer, to hot! Typically I find that t-shirt and jeans are my every day wear and then I use layers for the evening cool down.

If you're going this Feb there are not a lot of dinner/show options. Maybe the Frozen show but I've never done it so I don't know how good/worth it is. If you just want some really good meals we love Carnation Cafe and Cafe Orleans. Others will say Blue Bayou as well. There are so many threads here about restaurants. I'm sure you can find what you're looking for!

I love the DLH. We stayed there in November and I thought it was great! If you can fit that in your budget do it!

Just take a Lyft. Save yourself the money.

Hoppers at DLR are worth it. Unlike DW, you can just walk between parks in a matter of minutes. The flexibility is great. I don't do the parks without them!

Starting to get excited - 10 days from today we arrive. We were so happy to see that Space Mountain was re-opened today as it's my DD favorite ride.

Not sure it'll be all that warm but it's hit and miss anytime between now and end of March anyway - so we will take what we get.

I am hoping the cover for the castle is up by the time we are there - no idea when that will be in place.

We arrive Sunday....see cool weather and some rain, jeans and coats for us, but we'll be at DISNEYLAND!!

I'll be there just on February 9! But I'm mostly a lurker. :) I do plan on getting an AP when I go (I know, I know - I chose a bad year to start) so I will be there about once a month this year!

Sad to say I have to postpone my trip due to surgery recovery complications. I’ll know more when I see my surgeon later this month. :sad:

But I will be following everyone’s trips and cheering you on!

Sad to say I have to postpone my trip due to surgery recovery complications. I’ll know more when I see my surgeon later this month. :sad:

But I will be following everyone’s trips and cheering you on!

Best wishes on your recovery!!

We'll be there Feb 15-22. I've been before but my husband and son haven't. Staying at the Candy Cane Inn.

Currently getting ready to face a small snow storm this weekend.... Good news: Extra time to do laundry and finish packing! Yay!

We are headed to DLR tomorrow - this trip has really upon us quickly - looks like the weather will be on the cooler side of any trips we have taken but this is the earliest in the year we've ever visited too.

Last minute decision to take me and my DD to Disneyland February 22-24 to celebrate our birthdays (mine is 2/26 and hers is 3/2)! Still just waffling over a one day PH vs the 3 day PH deal to get more park time in. We wouldn't be able to get there until around 7pm on Friday the 22nd, but that's enough time to do some things in the parks and we would have to leave at around 1pm on Sunday to get back to AZ at a decent hour. The 3 day Park Hopper deal still seems like the best option. #DisneyMath

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter