February 2017 Wish Lifestyle / Weight Challenge: Beat the Sugar Rush and Earn Your Hero Medal!

Got 14 laps done in 10 minutes and hoping that between my back and my family ( 9 year old was up late last night and DH had overtime plus it was an hour after he got home before her little hind end was in bed-stink pot she was. Just about asleep and 12 year old was up and talking loudly-she couldn't sleep hmm sweetheart mama loves you but be quiet and hey how about you clean out that spot between the washer and dryer next time for me) that I get more sleep tonight. Considering that I was getting tired decided not to push it. I have done the math and I am going to have to try and push it up quite a bit the rest of the month to meet my goal.

TODAY IS WOOHOO WEDNESDAY.
giphy.gif

TIME TO SHARE AND CELEBRATE YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS OR HAPPINESS.

No celebration is too big or small. :D

Not much woo-hoo here. I am feeling better but not great yet. Going to take it easy the rest of the week. I did finally rake the kids to see Moana on sunday. It was really good. I am glad we were still able to catch it at the theatre. It was only showing at one in our area.

Holy cow... the thing about holiday weeks is that the amount of work isn't reduced, just the amount of time to get it done. I'm scrambling, that is for sure... but Friday I walk, regardless of what is accomplished.

My only woohoo is that tomorrow I'm getting in for hair color/cut. It's been an odyssey lately: I found a gal at a neighborhood salon that I really liked but she doesn't work evenings and her Saturdays are booked out till eternity, so I haven't been able to get back to her. Out of desperation I went back to my old gal and got confirmation of why I wanted to change... first she asked to change the appointment then she did what she wanted, not what I asked for. There's a gal at a downtown salon I really like, but she's a senior/instructor and it usually takes a month+ to get in to see her but yesterday I decided that was what I wanted to do - and she had an opening tomorrow! Woohoo... no more hair crawling down my neck.

Oh, and then there's the escape to the beach Friday. We're actually having a slight chance of snowy-like rain this week, the temps have gotten colder that's for sure. I'm glad we're in the super fancy room with the fireplace and view of the ocean because this is probably going to be a mostly in-doors trip of reading and knitting, with a few forays out to eat and drink :).

TODAY IS WOOHOO WEDNESDAY.

TIME TO SHARE AND CELEBRATE YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS OR HAPPINESS.

No celebration is too big or small. :D

Okay.... here goes..... my face is healing well, I have dinner ready in the crockpot, it is WARM and sunny here today (57° F) AND I actually have TIME for a walk between jobs, I have hit and/or exceeded my step goal multiple days recently (and will definitely exceed it today), and after this week I have a week's vacation from my school job! It is also National Margarita day! I have some WW margarita drink mix at home and will make myself an on-plan virgin cocktail as a treat tonight! All good reasons to say a loud WOOHOO! ..............P

Okay last night DD and I made a meal plan for the next week and I shopped last night and got most of what was needed - just a few more things to get that they didn't have. It's not entirely healthy but at least it's a plan and a start.

@Oneanne ur weekend away sounds heavenly even ur plans for the rainy weather.

Alright-- I'm out of the 180's this morning! This is where I was when we went to Japan last year--- and then I gained it all back at Disneyland CA LOL! This time, I am keeping it off and more!!!

This week is the Oscar movie festival at my local theater. I've been seeing great movies and have more to see all up til the big day Sunday. It's a lot of fun and the popcorn is delish and budgeted for in my daily calories :)

I am a little boohoo-ey today though. And I feel like a brat about it... but of all people, I feel like DIS people can get it. I had the awesome idea to go to Universal next weekend to use our passes. Last time was my first time going without a lot of crowds, and it was so fun that I actually wished we had spent more time there than Disney. I got on the crowd calendar, planned it all out, even lucked out that one of the on site hotels had a great deal on a room (it was a little splurge, but hey, we are excited to venture out of the Disney bubble and want to do the whole Universal experience!!!), all booked to go! Woohoo! Big official Universal Weekend! .... Well today.... being the highly intelligent person I am--- I finally read the fine print on their blackout calendar (which I was looking at for other reasons -- not even in relation to this trip because I knew we were fine). Guess what? We aren't. We are blacked out of one of the parks because of their Mardi Gras thing. o_O Sooooo now I have to decide if we are going to cancel (which we probably should), upgrade our passes (a ridiculous idea), or just go and enjoy the one park and more Disney even though that's totally not the weekend I wanted. Anyway--- All of that is to say I am just feeling deflated about the whole thing. I was so excited and it's totally my fault for not reading. And I have to get my act together to get pumped and work out and I really just feel like someone let all the air out.... :sad2:

Between what cash I had on hand and what I borrowed from 12 year old I was able to avoid an overdraft of the bank account and payday is Friday.
I got to hold my friend's little grand baby and have some baby snuggles.
I got my prepaid card for the rebate from my contacts in the mail today so I have some money on there once I activate it.
DH got some of the dishes done while I had 12 year old at sewing.
We only got a trace of the you've gota be kiddin it's snowin again. ( trust me after this year I am really sick and tired of snow, and cold, and ice, and wind)

We just landed at Orlando and are on the magical express. I didn't sleep. So... going to be up for 36 hours until I get a room.

Question of the day:

Let's talk sleep habits. How many hours do you average per night?
What are your tricks to getting enough hours?

I think I average anything from 5-7 hours - I don't have any tricks - I am not good at setting a bedtime and sticking to it - I got into a habit years ago of watching TV after the kids are in bed to have some me time. Also, I stay up working as I am right now on a report I need to have done for a meeting tomorrow and dropping by here lol it is almost 11.30pm here for me. I find after a few very late nights I hit the wall and fall asleep on the couch at like 6-7pm - all of this is not good - I know this - I just hate to miss out on my TV shows lol.

We just landed at Orlando and are on the magical express. I didn't sleep. So... going to be up for 36 hours until I get a room.

How exciting! Remind me ... do you have a race this weekend or is it a just for fun trip? Hope you get you room quickly and can get some zzzz's.

Question of the day:

Seven hours sleep is ideal for me. I'm a light sleeper but I'm generally good at falling back to sleep after I've woken up. But... my fuzzy little friend Whitehall has food issues: having been dumped/abandoned as a kitten this is understandable. She needs to know food is available whenever she wants it, and it has to be wet food, so she wakes me up during the night to get fed. For a while it was around midnight then again at 3am, but I have broken her of the mid-night feeding habit. Lately though I've been having a tough time getting back to sleep after the 3am feeding and that is just too stinking early to get up, so I toss and turn for a while then when I do need to get up at 6am, I'm tired.

I am due for a new bed and new pillows, which will help with sleep quality, plus I really should strip down both bedrooms and switch back to sleeping in the bigger room, although that means totally going thru my crafting stuff, which needs to be done, but I for some reason I just can't get excited about doing it?

Hopefully today will be a better day... I'm just so over stressed at work that everything is more difficult than it needs to be. Had a pretty good conversation with the two managers yesterday afternoon, so it's feeling like we're more on the same page facing a common challenge, so that should help.

Some kind of random low land areas got a dusting of snow last night... north and south of the city. Tomorrow we'll be heading south, so hopefully this doesn't repeat. really looking forward to some beach time.

Happy weekend a bit early - hope it's a good one for everyone.

Question of the day:

I probably average 5.5-6 hours a night during the week and usually longer on the weekends. I really need to work on going to bed earlier during the week because I definitely function better with more sleep. Ideally, I should get up a little before 6 during the week, but usually hit the snooze button until about 6:15. Then I'm rushed, rushed, rushed to shower and get out the door by 6:50. I'm not sure why I do it to myself every day, but I do. I feel that if I would make myself start going to bed earlier consistently, I wouldn't be so tempted to hit snooze so much - who knows??

Question of the day:

Sleep..... I feel best with 7 (or even 8). I can manage quite well with 5-6 hrs/night for a while.... and can even manage a day or two or three with just 3-4 hrs/night (especially if I'm at Disney!). But it definitely catches up with me! I work hard and move a lot during the day and no matter what, I am usually exhausted when my head hits the pillow! Last night, due to a few different things, I only managed a bit over 4 hours.... so I'll be struggling by 8pm tonight!

My usual "trick" is to GET TO BED! No "must see" TV events (usually) because we have a DVR and I can always watch it tomorrow or over the weekend. I try not to get caught up in evening things. I eat at a reasonable time, often will pack up my lunch for the next day and/or prep my breakfast, wash the dishes, and head up to my bedroom. I watch a bit of TV, check FB, chat with my Mom or DD, and then put aside the electronics. I often start to doze with the TV on, but if I feel myself starting to doze, I just shut the TV off. I do the math and try to have TV/lights off by at least 7 hours BEFORE the alarm is set for..... but on 3:50 am alarm days that is tough!

Hey friends! Happy Thursday! And Courtney.... get some sleep girl!!

Hope everyone is well! I'm at work right now.... just popping in on my lunch time to say hello! I'll have time to catch up with you all tomorrow! ....................P

Got 22.5 of the infamous house laps done in 17 minutes plus 3 minutes of using my exercise tubing and weight ball for some toning. Total time today 20 minutes.
Sleep it varies from night to night depending on what we have going on as well as if a certain 9 year old has difficulties going down. Tonight was better than some she actually went down a little after 1 am after basically crying and whining and barely letting me up to go use the bathroom much less get my exercise time in hence it being so late when I got it done. Some nights she is up till almost 3 am. On a really good night I get her to bed about 10:30-11 and then I feel so guilty about not spending time talking with my 12 year old on those nights I like to give her a good couple of hours of attention. By then it's usually about time for DH to come home so I stay up so that I can have 20-30 minutes uninterrupted time for him and I just to catch up with each other that is not urgent communication-the 12 year old sprained her ankle again ( yesterday on the basement stairs, time before that was rolling out of bed), 9 year old is nabbing cheese or has filled 3 glasses with milk ( I have said that she needs to learn to do the dishes and maybe she won't create quite so many) but talk on a deeper level. Most nights I honestly don't get to bed until 2-3 am and I am usually up by 9-9:30 for the day. I have found as long as I don't wake up in a sleep cycle I am fine so on days I have to set an alarm I use Sleepyti.me to determine what time I need to go to bed and while I can't go for weeks on 4-5 hours of sleep a night I can function for 2-3 days.
I am a bit upset with my 9 year old right now she decided to cut her bangs ( didn't see any other spots but since her hair is naturally curly-looser ones not the tight curls) using her rabbit nail clippers from the grooming set. Getting her hair pulled back until it grows out is going to be interesting since she is not good about sitting still so I can braid her hair.

I love my sleep. I would like to get 12 hours a night however since having kids that does not happen anymore. According to my fit bit I get about 7.5 hours asleep a night. I have been trying to go to bed by 10-10:30 so I am asleep by 11. I watch tv in bed until I fall asleep. I usually watch Nik at nite (full house or friends). I have seen most of them so I don't care if i fall asleep during them.

Today is the same for the walking 22.5 laps in 17 minutes. Did not do any toning exercises today. Long day of paying bills after which I have no money :( so meals are going to be interesting the next couple of weeks since everyone was calling the last couple of days wanting to know when I could make a payment. Yeah don't worry my kids don't need to have fruits and vegetables as long as they have some rice or pasta with a little sauce they should do fine. The challenge for the next 2 weeks is feeding my family on what's in the house plus $100 for purchasing perishable things I run out of and can use for several meals. Buying something just for one dish is not allowed. I still owe some on the electric, the credit card, and am still a bit behind on a loan plus I am going to end up paying the internet late and hoping they don't cut it off unless what I paid on the credit card today was enough to give me that much available ( it should be but I might not know until Monday since as of when I called today a few hours after I did my payment I did not have enough but it had my last payment as being in January so I know this one hasn't posted to the system). I also did not make a payment on half of my PCH orders ( they did not come to my house today :(.
At least the scale is moving in the correct direction :yay:which if it was on old dial would be to the left not the right but it's a digital so I don't know which direction it moves. I am so :confused3.

I have been seriously slacking on the Disboards these past few weeks. But I had to come on and give a shout out to @courtneybeth. I ran into her on the Princess 10k course yesterday and forgot to say thank you for helping me get my bib! It was a great race and I was able to PR by 2 minutes! Also congrats to Courtney for her PR today at the half!!:cheer2:

I hope everyone had a great weekend :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!