Feb 2022 at 7 months

Jecks

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone...apologies if this has been answered in previous threads.

We are looking to book a 3 BR (I suppose ocean view because I didn't see a garden view option) for 4ish nights in Feb 2022 (presidents week). We don't own there, so can anyone advise as to whether or not this would be something we could snag at the 7 month booking window, or would I be better off trying to rent from someone in advance? We have plenty of points to cover the nights (I think we have like 660 in the bank), so really just securing the reservation is the wildcard. Is presidents week difficult to get for a 3BR there?

Also, we are considering island hopping if that is permitted (I heard it currently is not). Any suggestions as to where to fly in to, what to see, and then fly out from? I'd like the Disney stay to be at the tail end of our trip to we would have acclimated to the local time, and just cuz we'd love to end the trip with a Disney experience.

Please share your thoughts!

Thank you!!

We are looking to book a 3 BR (I suppose ocean view because I didn't see a garden view option) for 4ish nights in Feb 2022 (presidents week). We don't own there, so can anyone advise as to whether or not this would be something we could snag at the 7 month booking window, or would I be better off trying to rent from someone in advance?
We've stayed in the 3BR Grand Villas for each of our 5 stays, with #6 coming up later this year. We've been able to book these at the 7-month window.

I have never tried to book during President's week, so I cannot comment on that specifically. However, if you book exactly at 7 months I believe you should have success with the grand villas; they are expensive and therefore usually do not go as quickly as the other room categories.

In terms of your plans for island hopping... While no one can predict what things will be like in February, I call share my experience from last month (May 2021). Island hopping is currently permitted, and has been for several months already. The issue is that many of the island have been requiring a second test when travelling from island-to-island. The exception was Oahu (i.e., where Aulani is located); as long as you begin your trip on one of the other islands, no test is needed when travelling into Oahu. We flew into Maui, took the ferry to Lanai (where the second test was not required since Lanai is part of Maui county), then flew to Oahu and ended our trip at Aulani. We were not required to test for any of the inter-island travel.

I can tell you that our plan worked wonderfully for us. I had never been to an island other than Oahu, and was determined to island hop on this trip. :-)

Right now (8 months out) the OV grand villa is available during that time frame. You should be able to get it at 7 months as long as you do it right at 8 am. The only other grand villa category is standard (there is no island/garden or pool view grand villa), and it is never available at 11 months. I think DVC is holding it back.

Thanks everyone, I hope it works out. I have the date set on my calendar and reminders in my phone to book 8am at 7 months. Hope it all works out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter