Feb 2020 Thread

Anyone else waiting (impatiently) for Southwest to release Feb dates this coming week? :D
I was! Then they released them and they're $50 more per person one way than any other date in Oct/Nov so I'm waiting. I'm 900 points short of what I need to get our tickets. We're flying the first week of Feb, so not a busy time.

We also hit our ADRs deadline today... it feels so close now, for some reason! :tongue::flower1:
Thankfully got everything we wanted: BOG, Le Cellier, Sci-Fi and Tusker House (this will be our first time doing AK, can´t wait to meet Mickey, Minnie and Donald in safari attire! :love:)

Today was my ADR day and I got everything I wanted. Amazing. I'm used to trying to get ADR's during free dining season, and that's almost impossible. I got 2 pre-park opening breakfasts. Let me just bask in my imagined glory.

Today was my ADR day and I got everything I wanted. Amazing. I'm used to trying to get ADR's during free dining season, and that's almost impossible. I got 2 pre-park opening breakfasts. Let me just bask in my imagined glory.
LOL I know the feeling! I´m a heavy planner, but it´s only my third trip to the world, so I´m not that knowledgeable as most of people (in the boards, at least lol) and I spent the last few weeks preparing myself for ADRs, including having one or two backup plans in case I didn´t get the ones I wanted... I feel so accomplished now! :rotfl:

My ADR date was last week and I got everything I wanted right out of the gate! That’s never happened! I’m wondering if what people are saying is true, that even with Star Wars 2020 will be slower because people are waiting for the 50th Anniversary in 2021....

My ADR day is Friday. I hope I have the same luck as you all!

ETA: I got everything I wanted within an hour of the times I wanted except for Homecomin, which I went with a 3:15 since it was booked up already between then and 7:30pm. I’m so excited! Here’s what I got:

Be Our Guest breakfast
Snow White Story Book dinner
Crystal Palace late lunch
Chef Mickey’s breakfast
Hollywood and Vine dinner
Homecomin late lunch
Akershus breakfast

And, I got Savi’s for 2 in a 9:30am timeslot as well. I was able to snag that at 4:30am this morning (central time), while dining opened up at 5:00am on the dot.

Last edited:

We're booked and planned; Feb 10 - Feb 15 - Boardwalk DVC Studio Villa! It'll be me, DH and DS13, DS will be staying with Grammie over Valentine's day night so we can be romantic! :) She lives about 45m away.

The new Arts Festival in Epcot is in Feb and I'm super excited about it! From all reports it has more things to do and better food than F&W.

Our ADRs are:
STK for Lunch
Via Napoli (Because always)
Jungle Navi
California Grill during fireworks!
Oga's Cantina for breakfast
Sci-Fi Dine in
Flying Fish
Story Book @ Artists Point
Trattoria Al Forno for Bon Voyage breakfast on Valentines day!
Takumi-Tei for Valentine's day dinner
Olivias Cafe Brunch @ Old key west because if I don't try Banana bread french toast, I just don't think my life will be complete!

We're booked and planned; Feb 10 - Feb 15 - Boardwalk DVC Studio Villa! It'll be me, DH and DS13, DS will be staying with Grammie over Valentine's day night so we can be romantic! :) She lives about 45m away.

The new Arts Festival in Epcot is in Feb and I'm super excited about it! From all reports it has more things to do and better food than F&W.

Our ADRs are:
STK for Lunch
Via Napoli (Because always)
Jungle Navi
California Grill during fireworks!
Oga's Cantina for breakfast
Sci-Fi Dine in
Flying Fish
Story Book @ Artists Point
Trattoria Al Forno for Bon Voyage breakfast on Valentines day!
Takumi-Tei for Valentine's day dinner
Olivias Cafe Brunch @ Old key west because if I don't try Banana bread french toast, I just don't think my life will be complete!
We have Oga's cantina for breakfast as well but honestly don't see anything that we could have there for breakfast except for the oats and the lava roll and neither one of those will please my picky eater, was thinking of changing the reservation for the afternoon and just go and grab a couple of drinks but there's no space available now

We have Oga's cantina for breakfast as well but honestly don't see anything that we could have there for breakfast except for the oats and the lava roll and neither one of those will please my picky eater, was thinking of changing the reservation for the afternoon and just go and grab a couple of drinks but there's no space available now

Keep watching it. As more people realize it's not a restaurant and mostly standing room (and you don't get a choice whether you sit or stand), I would imagine reservations will open up. Time of day should be based more on what drinks you find interesting, since that's the main attraction. We've been to the one at Disneyland and it was good, though we definitely preferred the version of blue & green milk from the milk stand over the one in the Cantina. That version was room temp, which we were not expecting, but at the stand they were almost like a slushy. Sooooo good and refreshing.

Had to reschedule our September trip to February due to Dorian! Sad I'm not there right now, but excited to have a new countdown. Going February 2-8 for my 29th birthday on the 6th!

I think I saw you on the September thread. I had to reschedule too, I was too scared to fly into a hurricane. I have to stop looking at pictures of empty parks though, seeing those is the worst part about canceling.

We are leaving in about 3 hours for our September trip!!!! Driving down, so that helps a lot -- going to Universal for a few days and check into AOA for a week-long Disney stay. :dancer:

The HEA after-fireworks dessert party is now bookable. FYI, the price went up a lot - it's now nearly $84 per person!!! 😨😱

I finally got DH talking about the trip (he's paying for it but probably not going along). He's not thrilled about going in February. He doesn't know it's already booked. Despite the fact that I'm not happy with the airfare prices I'm seeing, tell me to stick with February because March and April will be worse. He even suggested summer :oops:.

We chose February because of the weather. We went to Orlando towards the end of March a little while back and it was hot. Not summer hot, but still hot. Also, February helps you avoid the spring break crowds.

I just looked at the park hours calendar yesterday and EMHs all fall on days when I wasn't planning on hitting that park. I mean we only have 1 ADR so theoretically I can switch days around but plan in my head is not matching plan on paper right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!