Feb 2020 Thread

We are going back to WDW in February. We were lucky and got free dining the last two visits. Hoping for that again. Come on September! Lol

Does anyone know why the crowd calendar for the last week of Feb/first week of March just jumped up a bit? A few days in there MK is a 9 while HS is still just 6.

Does anyone know why the crowd calendar for the last week of Feb/first week of March just jumped up a bit? A few days in there MK is a 9 while HS is still just 6.

Feb 25th is Mardi Gras -- so maybe the start of spring break??

Ah...Mardi Gras crowds. I bet that’s it. Mardi Gras isn’t a big deal here, so I didn’t think of that. Oh well. We’ll still have a good time.

I also don't think Galaxy's Edge will be that crazy by February, just look at how it's been this summer at Disneyland.

Possible, but DL is a very locals-heavy park. With this, to avoid heavy mad rushes, DL blocked out the many, many AP holders, in addition to the CMs, long after the reservation period was over. The demographics at WDW are very different. It's not a lack of demand, but more of a controlled roll-out to spread out the demand. Even after reservations were no longer required, the many, many AP holders still couldn't get into the parks. Even if WDW had a similar AP strategy, the percentage ratio of APs to vacation guests at WDW is significantly lower than DL,. Hence the crowd effects are very different.

I'll be at WDW February 22-28, 2020.

I'm going with my wife's family (her + 4 siblings + 3 spouses + 3 kids under 10yo). We'll be split between one value resort (All Star) and one moderate resort (Port Orleans, Caribbean, Swan, or Coronado Springs).

I tried to get everyone to book their room ASAP so we can make ADRs 180 days out but no one is ready to book :(

I'm now recommending everyone wait until discounts come out at the end of next month (or early October). I'm leaning towards Caribbean since those rooms seem to have bigger discounts.

I don't quite understand how the discounts work. Can I take advantage of both 40% off dining plans AND 35% off room rates?

I'll be at WDW February 22-28, 2020.

I'm going with my wife's family (her + 4 siblings + 3 spouses + 3 kids under 10yo). We'll be split between one value resort (All Star) and one moderate resort (Port Orleans, Caribbean, Swan, or Coronado Springs).

I tried to get everyone to book their room ASAP so we can make ADRs 180 days out but no one is ready to book :(

I'm now recommending everyone wait until discounts come out at the end of next month (or early October). I'm leaning towards Caribbean since those rooms seem to have bigger discounts.

I don't quite understand how the discounts work. Can I take advantage of both 40% off dining plans AND 35% off room rates?
You can still book adr’s at 180! You will only be able to book 1 day at a time without a reservation but dining is open to everyone 180 days out. Not positive about the discounts but I believe it’s one of the other.

You select which one is the better deal. You can’t choose both. I recommend booking as soon as possible. Then, you can apply the discount once it comes out, if they are released at all. Also, Caribbean is now on the Skyliner, and Coronado was recently updated, so Port Orleans might actually have the best discount this time, especially Riverside.

Booked all my dining this morning, no issues at all!
I'm trying to book my ADR's as well but can only see the hours for Feb 1st and not the rest of the month, did you take into consideration extra magic hours when choosing your park days or not really?

I'm trying to book my ADR's as well but can only see the hours for Feb 1st and not the rest of the month, did you take into consideration extra magic hours when choosing your park days or not really?

I had to take a guess at them, based on last years dates. I’m sure I’ll have to adjust, but can’t do much more at this point.

I'm taking into consideration the crowd calendar but with GE's opening even that is going to be unpredictable, oh well I'll guess we'll just have to adapt accordingly

All ADR's where made yesterday, no issue at all, got everything I wanted in decent hours as well, super excited! My poor husband is kind of tired of all my menus conversations of things we are going to be eating 180 days from now :rotfl2::rotfl2:

ADRs are done!! Took a bit of switching around but got everything I wanted.

Feb 3 - 1900 Park Fare Dinner
Feb 4 - Tusker House ROL Breakfast
Feb 5 - Garden Grill Breakfast
Feb 6 - Crystal Palace Breakfast & BOG Lunch
Feb 7 - *Our Off Day / Disney Springs*
Feb 8 - Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic! Breakfast
Feb 9 - Storybook Dining Dinner
Feb 10 - Akershus Breakfast & Ohana Dinner

Hi ya'll! Going the first weekend in February with my DW after our honeymoon in November. Taking her grandparents this time with us and staying at a lake view room in the Poly! They haven't been since the 70s so very excited to share Epcot and AK with them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!