Feb 2020 Thread

We are going to surprise our kids by telling them about our first Disney World Vacation on Christmas for 2/15-2/25. I am beyond excited! I already put up all our Christmas decorations because I want it to hurry and be Christmas already so we can tell them haha. They understand how expensive it is to go and how it takes a long time to save for it so they don't think we can go for a couple more years. They set up a cute little savings jar in their playroom and put all their coins in it. They want to go so bad! Its going to be a sweet moment when they find out!
Kind of jealous that you get to tell your kids so soon. Mine want to find out the morning we head to DW. I showed mine the price of airfare alone last night to throw them off any suspicions they may have. You are going to have soooo much fun. Just keep in mind that DW is much bigger than DL and most kids want to spend time in the pool as much as the parks.

Kind of jealous that you get to tell your kids so soon. Mine want to find out the morning we head to DW. I showed mine the price of airfare alone last night to throw them off any suspicions they may have. You are going to have soooo much fun. Just keep in mind that DW is much bigger than DL and most kids want to spend time in the pool as much as the parks.
The pools were something I was wondering about. Does the weather typically feel warm enough to get in the pools in February?

The pools were something I was wondering about. Does the weather typically feel warm enough to get in the pools in February?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If your kids are anything like mine, a few blue lips aren't going to deter them!

The closer we get to Christmas, the more I want to just tell my kids about the trip on Christmas morning. This afternoon I told them that someone on the message board wanted to know whether they should tell their kids for Christmas or wake them up the morning of with the surprise. They both (just the big ones) said without hesitation wait until the morning of. So I'm back to keeping the secret until February....
We are going to surprise our kids by telling them about our first Disney World Vacation on Christmas for 2/15-2/25. I am beyond excited! I already put up all our Christmas decorations because I want it to hurry and be Christmas already so we can tell them haha. They understand how expensive it is to go and how it takes a long time to save for it so they don't think we can go for a couple more years. They set up a cute little savings jar in their playroom and put all their coins in it. They want to go so bad! Its going to be a sweet moment when they find out!

Awwww, both your messages put a huge smile on my face! Must be amazing to announce a trip like that! I´m sure whenever they find out is gonna be so worth the wait :love:

Now I´m wondering... we´re staying at ASMo, are the pools heated all year long, or at least during the chillier days? I´m looking forward to spend some time in the pools, but I´m not that keen on freezing lol

Awwww, both your messages put a huge smile on my face! Must be amazing to announce a trip like that! I´m sure whenever they find out is gonna be so worth the wait :love:

Now I´m wondering... we´re staying at ASMo, are the pools heated all year long, or at least during the chillier days? I´m looking forward to spend some time in the pools, but I´m not that keen on freezing lol
Pools are heated to I believe 80 degrees daily. They only close them on colder days.

Found this thread and had to post! Arriving (by bus from Ft Lauderdale) Feb 10, leaving (by plane from MCO) Feb 13 for a quick Batuu focused trip. Doing MK After Hours the 10th, a Resort/Springs day on the 11th, HS from rope drop to close on the 12th.

Already have droid depot reservations for late am on the 12th, a lightsaber build reservation at 6:05 and an Oga’s cantina at 6:45. Debating moving the lightsaber appointment up 10ish minutes to give more time. So so so excited!!! Hoping for afternoon Slinky Dog FP+ but will settle for Midway Mania if I have to... fingers crossed.

Are hours pretty much set for Feb? The only late night for the first week looks like Epcot on the 4th.

Made all of my FP selections today. Technically day one is Jan31 but since that’s only half a day I’ve been posting in the Feb thread. Was able to get everything I wanted easily. FOP at 60+2 with a ton of times available(and still options available as I type) which was really surprising to me. FOP wasn’t even available at 60+5 on my last trip and the parks weren’t overly crowded then. Maybe it’s a good sign that even though rooms don’t seem to be available, the parks may not be terribly crowded.

Made all of my FP selections today. Technically day one is Jan31 but since that’s only half a day I’ve been posting in the Feb thread. Was able to get everything I wanted easily. FOP at 60+2 with a ton of times available(and still options available as I type) which was really surprising to me. FOP wasn’t even available at 60+5 on my last trip and the parks weren’t overly crowded then. Maybe it’s a good sign that even though rooms don’t seem to be available, the parks may not be terribly crowded.

That's encouraging! My FP day is tomorrow!

Did FP today, had no issues getting everything we wanted with lots of time options! Party of 4. FOP 60+3, SDD 60+6 with lots of availability days earlier too.

Muppets FP weren’t available though. Did they stop doing those or close it? I hadn’t heard anything before I tried to do FP.

I am shocked by how much FP availability there was for early Feb. In our 5 or 6 visits since FP+ started, this was by far the most availability. Easily got everything we wanted - with tons of options for times for FOP, SDD and SDMT. I was not expecting that at all based on our past experience!

I am shocked by how much FP availability there was for early Feb. In our 5 or 6 visits since FP+ started, this was by far the most availability. Easily got everything we wanted - with tons of options for times for FOP, SDD and SDMT. I was not expecting that at all based on our past experience!

Here’s to hoping crowds will be low!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter