FD bounceback higher priced than current FD offer?

su_A_ve

DIS Veteran
I have a bounceback reservation for Dec. DS17 will be 18 when we get there and hence would pay adult prices, including the hotel surcharge per night. When I made the reservation, they linked his name from the original res, but I told them he would be 18 then. The res shows him as a child still.

That said, that reservation is about $20 higher than what a new res would be if I make it now, with exactly the same dates/resort/tickets. We booked CSR but upgraded dining to DDP. Granted, I would have to pay for parking if I make a new one and cancel the old one, so not worth it.

On hold trying to see why the difference, since technically res was made before ticket increase. Unless they already flag him as adult, which in that case it would make the res about $200 less. But then why would it still show as "child" online.

Anyone noticed something similar? 2 hour wait to talk to someone of course...

I've heard that if you're a child at check in you are considered a child for the rest of the reservation (don't quote me on this I just remember reading it somewhere) maybe that's it?

Yes, you are considered the age at check-in.

In our case, he turns 18 before check-in. If he's listed as child now, the price for the package is higher than the new offer for some reason. If he's listed as an adult, then why is he showing as child on the reservation.. Still on hold but lost the music, so I think I'm in a black hole...

Finally got through (good thing I never hung up - over 75 minutes wait), and they did confirm he is listed as being 18+ so the price is lower than the current offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!