Favorite way to keep cool?

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
With the summer hear/humidity upon us, was wondering how you keep your kiddos cool? Can anyone share the products that seem effective? Mister/fan, fan by itself, cooling wrap/towel?

Jenn

We insist that our kids to wear hats and I carry around insulated bottles of water. That's about it. We don't really make a big deal about the heat (and our trips are late June/early July, so it can be hot).

The kids know that it's only periodic and once we get inside for an attraction or meal they'll be able to cool off again.

I got those mini hand held misting fans for our last trip. $5 at Target. They worked great. A hat always. Pool time.

For us, it's just common sense. Light colored clothes, sunscreen, hats, plenty of water. To us, misting fans and "cooling towels" are nasty and actually have the opposite effect. It's already hot and humid enough, who wants to spray themselves with water that within a few seconds will make you feel like you're sweating in a sauna??? Ugh...

We'll be doing Disney in late July-early August....I am preparing myself for the oppressive heat and humidity. We plan on wearing as much dry fit, light weight clothes and hats as we can. I agree with others on having the little fans and quality water bottles that keep water cold for 24 hours (like Swell). We'll probably make stops in the little shops too just to get some AC in and will take breaks midday back to our resort.

I know Florida's hot and humid, but once that dewpoint gets above 70 degrees, I don't think it matters where you are it's humid. Northeast, midatlantic, southeast it all feels like a big humid swamp at times during the summer. Dress in light layers, wear sunblock, a hat, stay hydrated, and blammo you're good to go.

We use athletic clothing, Mission EnduraCool towels, lightweight hats that you can soak in ice water, and lots of cold water to drink (we carry a large Camelbak pack with ice water). We also purchased UV blocking umbrellas last year which really make a HUGE difference! Bonus is that they also work when it's raining. They are kind of heavy, due to the UV material fabric, but they are still compact sized.

He we keep cool:

Go to the park early, take a mid day break, return to the April around 5.

Kids are not allowed to wear sneakers in the park, I know mean mom, but my kids will drench themselves and I don’t want them getting blisters, so keens, flip flops, etc.... are our park shoes.

Every ride (almost) has a/c so you are not put too long in the heat/sunshine.

We bring insulated water bottles and extra bottles and just drink water on park days.

I am a sweater, especially if my hair is down and the sun is shining in my face so my hair stays up and I wear a hat/visor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!