Favorite TS restaurant in world showcase

Glee1973

Earning My Ears
What are your favorite sit down restaurants for dinner in world showcase. We have already been to spice road table (loved it) and via Napoli (didn’t love). Thanks for your guidance.

DH and I like San Angel Inn, mainly for the theming. We ask for a waterside table, which is usually a longer wait.

Chefs de France is the one my family always request. The best French onion soup I have ever had.

Chefs de France and nine dragons. We’ve eaten at teppan edo and we like our local teppanyaki better. If you don’t have that kind of thing where you live it might be better

We are Nine Dragons fans- especially lunch or off hours when the restaurant isn't full and we can enjoy the pretty, relaxing decor. Spinach Noodles with Garlic Sauce and those Pickles :-) yum.

In order:
Chefs de France
La Hacienda San Angel (do not like San Angel Inn, except for the ambiance)
Spice Road Table
Akershus/Biergarten (tie)

Before Rose & Crown changed its menu (for the worse) I would have voted for it now Le Cellier.

Chefs de France is the one my family always request. The best French onion soup I have ever had.
Happy to hear this... we are going for our first time on this trip ( it has always previously had been cut from our plans)-plus I love onion soup

That is tough to rank the restaurants in Epcot for me. It really depends on the mood that I am in. But with that, I'll give it my best effort.

1. Monsieur Paul. I'll admit, I'm a signature kind of guy when it comes to dining in WDW.
  2. Tokyo Dining. I know, I can get sushi anywhere. But there is just something about the absolutely incredible service one receives here. And with my college DD (21) fluent in Japanese, it's fun to watch her talk with everyone there.
  3. Chef's de France. When Monsieur Paul is not on the ADR list we often make this place a priority.
  4. San Angel Inn. I know, it's polarizing when it comes to opinions. I love the atmosphere and I like that it's not typical Tex/Mex cuisine. I'll admit though, service can be spotty at times.
  5. Biergarten. There are only three buffets that I recommend in WDW (Boma & Tusker House as well). I'll admit, I'm not a fan of them. But this place is an absolute blast and the German food is pretty good for a buffet.

What are your favorite sit down restaurants for dinner in world showcase. We have already been to spice road table (loved it) and via Napoli (didn’t love). Thanks for your guidance.

We didn't care for Via Napoli either but had a wonderful meal with excellent service at Tutto Italia.

Other favorites are Teppan Edo, Tokyo Dining and Biergarten.

We have enjoyed our meals at Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Rose and Crown, and especially Le Cellier (ate there two nights in a row on one trip!)

Last edited:

You’ve listed my favorite and least favorite - in reverse order! :)
I also like chefs de France for lunch - nice apps, wine list, and you can take your time

I love Tokyo Dining because as goofy4prez stated, the service is amazing. Everyone is so kind and the views of the lagoon from the second floor dining room make it feel even more special. The food is about the same quality as a good mom-n-pop neighborhood Japanese restaurant--fresh and properly prepared.

I have found it to be very consistent over the years, which is NOT the case with a lot of WDW restaurants. So while the food may never be "OMG amazing," it almost guaranteed to be decent (with the kindest, sweetest CMS anywhere).

The only WS restaurant where I've had a truly terrible meal was San Angel Inn, but that was quite a few years ago and it has been decent on more recent visits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!