Favorite Timeshare?

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
I have stayed at several places in Orlando and want some input before I make a decision for my summer trip.

Am looking for a 2 bedroom unit travelling with a 10 year old and 17 year old. When the kids were younger we loved Marriott Harbor Lake but the kids are older now so want to consider something else. Have also stayed at Marriott Cypress Harbor and loved that! Want a nice pool, jacuzzi and a high end feel.

Want a renovated or newer property. Am splitting my stay between Discovery Cove, SeaWorld and Disney so either location is fine.

Any thoughts?

Jenn

The Marriott, Hilton, and Vistana (also Marriott) properties in the area are all great, as are the Disney Vacation Club properties. Hilton Park Soleil is one of the newest TS in the area.

My best suggestion is to hit Timeshare User Group www.tug2.net to check out reviews and ratings by owners. We own Vistana and love it; VIstana Resort was fully refurbished (down to the studs) about 5 years ago. But one person's pill is another person's poison so it helps to read some reviews with a mind to what you like or dislike. I personally like the TUG reviews because they are from owners who have different expectations than hotel guests. The TripAdvisor reviews always seem a bit slanted; people don't necessarily know how TS works and get upset by not getting daily housekeeping and the like, you see a lot of that on TripAdvisor.

Thanks! I used to look at tug but since you have to pay to read the reviews I stopped. We used to need the other tug services, but now we use my parents timeshare, they just book for us and then travel with us also!

Jenn

I was just thinking of the same question-stayed at the Marriott properties as well, Cypress Harbour is one of our favorites. Was wondering how the Hilton Grand Vacation club at Seworld compares to Cypress Harbour? Have also heard a lot about Vistana and was wondering how that compares to Cypress as well?

We love Orange Lake. There is something for everyone. Golfing, 7 pools, lazy river, arcades, mini putt. We used to rent there and now own there

The villages do look nice, smaller than vistana which I kind of like that too-Good location for doing Seaworld and Universal?

For WDW visits we usually stay at Vacation Villiage at Parkway. It’s super close to WDW. The property is very nice. Condos are beautiful, and since we trade for it through RCI, it’s very economical for us to stay there for a week.

Last edited:
I would also recommend Orange Lake resort. It’s right on 192, close to WDW, lots of great restaurants, there is an internal bus and variety of pools/activities. The complex is HUGE, but we’ve been happy the 5 times we’ve stayed there. We own at Orange Lake and DVC.

HGVC at Seaworld has unfortunately declined a bit in quality the last few years. Units need a refurb. It’s still a good option if you are visiting Sea World/DC/Aquatica but not a place I would use for a Disney trip.

Marriott’s Lakeshore Reserve is imho the best timeshare property in Orlando. It’s pricey and availability can be tight but it’s more like a high end 5 star resort than a regular timeshare.

HGVC Tuscany is nice plus you can walk (5 minutes) to the outlets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!