Favorite Things on the Fantasy

DH mentioned if there was a cooking class he’d like to do it so I think we’ll look out for it on the navigator!

The Anyone Can Cook is something your dh would enjoy. Just fyi, it's a demonstration, so you won't get to cook, but it's fun and informative. The chefs always do a really good job and will answer questions at the end. Whenever we've done it, it's been on sea day and in the afternoon, around 2pm I believe. It will be listed in the adult only section of the navigator. We did the Eastern Caribbean cruise this past Jan and really enjoyed the islands. The dishes they do are sometimes on the dinner menu, so it's nice to try them to see if you'd like to get them at dinner. Of course, you might eat at the restaurant with the item before you get to go to the demo.

The goofy sports simulator is all sold out so we probably won't get to do that. We booked a last minute Florida rate in August so we may not get to do some of the things. A lot of excursions are sold out, too. I don't really mind since it's our first cruise and we'll want time to relax anyway
Everything else is on the ship and doesn't need to be booked. Especially the ice cream....:yay:

I haven't done laundry on the ship, but from reading this board have learned that the washer can't be set to wash items in cool water, warm/hot only, so keep in mind if you have something that can't be washed in hot water.

If the Secret Sands beach excursion(St Thomas) is available, it's a really nice beach. They only let one ship there at a time and limit it to 75 people. They have bathrooms with showers, however there are no bars/restaurants close to it. The host sells drinks from a cooler and also some snacks.

I haven't done laundry on the ship, but from reading this board have learned that the washer can't be set to wash items in cool water, warm/hot only, so keep in mind if you have something that can't be washed in hot water.
There are different cycles (temperatures) available. At least there used to be. Here's the chart to decide what cycles work for you.

The Anyone Can Cook is something your dh would enjoy. Just fyi, it's a demonstration, so you won't get to cook, but it's fun and informative. The chefs always do a really good job and will answer questions at the end. Whenever we've done it, it's been on sea day and in the afternoon, around 2pm I believe. It will be listed in the adult only section of the navigator. We did the Eastern Caribbean cruise this past Jan and really enjoyed the islands. The dishes they do are sometimes on the dinner menu, so it's nice to try them to see if you'd like to get them at dinner. Of course, you might eat at the restaurant with the item before you get to go to the demo.
Ahhh okay I thought you got to cook. Dh was wanting to actually cook himself. Are there any like that?

If the Secret Sands beach excursion(St Thomas) is available, it's a really nice beach. They only let one ship there at a time and limit it to 75 people. They have bathrooms with showers, however there are no bars/restaurants close to it. The host sells drinks from a cooler and also some snacks.
I ended up booking the St John Trunk Bay Beach and Snorkel tour. I’m really excited!

Ahhh okay I thought you got to cook. Dh was wanting to actually cook himself. Are there any like that?
As a PP said, not for free, but the 1 'anyone can cook' class DD19 and I went to on the Magic included the recipe to take home. So you can sample the food and a little free wine there, then make the recipe yourself at home if you want.

There are different cycles (temperatures) available. At least there used to be. Here's the chart to decide what cycles work for you.
View attachment 437062

According to that chart the lowest temp is 85 degrees(I'd consider that warm and not good for some delicates), so like I said there's no cool/cold wash cycle. Like I said, I haven't done laundry on the ship before, but have read a few trip reports on here from others who didn't realize there's no cool cycle and were unhappy.

Thanks for all the great ideas! I think I'm starting to get a good list going. What's the midship detective agency? I haven't heard of that one.

You interact with artwork all around the ship to solve a mystery. There are 3 different mysteries to choose from and several different outcomes for each of those, so you can play the game more than once and get different clues each time. It's considered a "family" activity, but DH and I still have fun playing it ourselves! It's cool just to see the technology Disney uses to make certain paintings come to life.

You interact with artwork all around the ship to solve a mystery. There are 3 different mysteries to choose from and several different outcomes for each of those, so you can play the game more than once and get different clues each time. It's considered a "family" activity, but DH and I still have fun playing it ourselves! It's cool just to see the technology Disney uses to make certain paintings come to life.
It sounds really fun. Dh might not like it but he’ll play along for me lol

I didn't know there were refillable popcorn buckets! That's a good thing to know.
We didn't remember to bring our refillable bucket from the parks, but if you have one, I've read that you can bring it and refill on the ship for the discounted price.

We didn't remember to bring our refillable bucket from the parks, but if you have one, I've read that you can bring it and refill on the ship for the discounted price.
Wow really? I'll make a note on our packing list to take it and see what they say!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter