Favorite Sunscreen

Pamela M

DIS Veteran
I'm very fair skinned and burn after 30 minutes in the sun. I also hate the feeling of sunscreen that greasy feel. The thought of wearing sunscreen in the muggy heat of FL just grosses me out.

What sunscreens does everyone like that aren't greasy.

For my face I love La Roche-Posey which is a division of Lorel. You can get it online and they will send free samples with your purchase. You can also get it at Walgreens. The reason I love it is it is lite weight, feels soft and powdery great for oily skin and does not need to be reapplied as often. I only put it on on the morning and then again if I shower mid-day. It is pricey but it goes a long way. It only takes a pea size amount on each side of my face. My husband is fair skinned and he loves it. You can also use it for other areas on the body too.

Last edited:
I love what they sell at dollar tree for $1 per bottle. How do I know it works? When I got burned around the handprint on my body I had used to apply it. The handprint area was fine...sold!!!

I'm very fair skinned and burn after 30 minutes in the sun. I also hate the feeling of sunscreen that greasy feel. The thought of wearing sunscreen in the muggy heat of FL just grosses me out.

What sunscreens does everyone like that aren't greasy.

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion. A little pricey but as someone who also hates the feeling of sunscreens it’s worth every penny.

Neutrogena has an SPF 70 roll on stick that we use for our faces. My husband can't stand to feel oily and this is the driest I've found.

We used a SPF 50 Banana Boat spray on for the arms, legs, chest and back. We still got some color but did not burn and we were in the sun several hours each day.

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion. A little pricey but as someone who also hates the feeling of sunscreens it’s worth every penny.
Thanks I might give this a try- I’m currently using their moisturizer with spf and it works really well.

We live on the water, spend a lot of time in the boat, pool and do several beach vacations each year. I hate the fetid sunscreen but I don’t want to look 1000 years old. Coola is awesome! For face I use neutrogena liquid in a small bottle because it isn’t greasy at all and dries clear.

I would very highly recommend "AVEENO® Baby CONTINUOUS PROTECTION® Sensitive Skin Lotion Zinc Oxide Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 50" which can be bought at any drug store. I am very fair-skinned and also have skin that is extremely sensitive to lotions/perfumes. I have tried dozens of sunscreens to find one that is truly waterproof, tear-proof, rub-proof, sweat-proof, non-irritating, non-greasy etc. This is the best I have ever found!

I would very highly recommend "AVEENO® Baby CONTINUOUS PROTECTION® Sensitive Skin Lotion Zinc Oxide Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 50" which can be bought at any drug store. I am very fair-skinned and also have skin that is extremely sensitive to lotions/perfumes. I have tried dozens of sunscreens to find one that is truly waterproof, tear-proof, rub-proof, sweat-proof, non-irritating, non-greasy etc. This is the best I have ever found!
Does it leave your skin whitish? I use Badger for water sports it works great for that but leaves a white residue that I wouldn’t want to wear all day in the park.

Does it leave your skin whitish? I use Badger for water sports it works great for that but leaves a white residue that I wouldn’t want to wear all day in the park

It can if you put it on thick, but I tend to use just a small amount and once fully rubbed in it's not noticeably colored. It definitely takes me longer to apply in the AM than some other brands, but since I don't have to reapply as frequently it's worth it to me. :)

Last edited:
Not any particular brand but the sunscreens that are the spray rather than lotion aren't greasy to me. Ever since I've started using this type, I don't burn and I am very fair skinned.

Eucerin body lotion with SPF 15, and there is a cream with SPF 30. For the face, there is a Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 30 and I won't even bother trying anything else I have been so happy with it.

Has anyone tried a powdered sunscreen? I've been seeing a few different brands now, and wondering if they actually work. Seems like those would be good for a non-greasy face option.

I love Ultrasun 50 SPF. I'm fair-skinned and prone to burning if I look out a window too long lol. It dries in really well, doesn't feel sticky or greasy and so far it hasn't caused any staining so it's been safe to wear white again! One application is usually enough (as long as it's applied correctly) though I tend to top up once throughout the day at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!