Favorite souvenirs of kids?

la79al

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering what everyone's kids buy at the park when they are spending their own money. I am trying to prebuy or make a lot of things (doll and or stuffed animal, tshirts, mouse ears, can cooler for water bottles, nighttime light up toy) and then trying to figure out how much spending money they will need beyond that.

My son's favorite souvenir was a fake rubber snake that he bought outside of the Indiana Jones show for $12. With kids you never know what they are going to latch on to.

I do hit up Dollar Tree for glow bracelets/necklaces before a trip and "Tinkerbell" brings a stuffed animals snagged on sale ahead of time.

The light up bubble wand was a favorite of DD8 last year. Our older kids like to collect pins, but that has been going on for years now, it wasn't a new thing they picked up.

The years we plan Disney trips, my kids ask for Disney gift cards for birthdays/Christmas from family. So they usually have a good chunk of money to spend! Their favorite souvenirs they've ever bought were costumes! Before a rare ADR at CRT, we had like 45 mins to spare and my hubby asked my 2 girls if they wanted to look at the "real" princess costumes... my oldest fell in love with the Elena of Avalor and my youngest was obsessed with Tinkerbell. When we told them if they wanted to buy them for themselves, they both had enough gift cards left, they were ecstatic! I didn't think they would go for it! We are going back to WDW in 2020 after 3 years and they plan on getting a costume again with their money!! In my opinion, its SO much better than toys they will grow out of after a month and they girls play dress up all the time at home :)

Ya I almost got stuck with a pricey rubber snake at Indiana Jones, too! I don’t remember how I got out of it. Noting to self: buy rubber snake for next Disney trip.

We let our girls pick one special item each trip and then they help pick one ornament for the family. They have some gift card money to cover it, but we help a little if needed. Last time my 2 year old picked out an Aurora Barbie type doll which she rarely plays with. Her grandparents who were with us got her a replica Disney Bus that she uses constantly. My 4 year old picked out a Frozen/Elsa Lego set that was on sale at the Lego store at Disney Springs. This time they will be 5 & 3. They each have $40 in gift cards to spend from birthdays and last Christmas.

You didn’t say how old your kids are. My DS is 12 and he buys food!! On a recent 3 day trip trip to DL he bought 5 churros and 2 dole whips lol (yes I do feed him) He also bought a couple new pins for his lanyard that were DL specific since we are WDW people( we live in the Midwest) my younger nieces and nephews wanted stuffed animals and nighttime glow stuff. I see a lot of little ones carrying bubble wands around.

The bubble wand was a huge hit even for my 8 year old. Churros and various food treats. My kids bought a pirate map from PotC that he has now hanging in his room. Various stuffed animals. We try to not get loaded down with the "stuff," but our family tries to simplify and not have many things in our normal lives, too. We found just the vacation and time together to be enough to keep them happy and they didn't even ask to buy much.

My daughter was 7 when we went - her 2 favorite souvenirs were a light saber that she built and a stuffed animal (a painted dog from AK). We still have both and she still sleeps with the dog every night. We also bought her a tshirt and she used her allowance to buy some tsum tsums...which she liked but who knows where they are now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!