Favorite Solo Places to Dine?

I like the setting for scifi, but the food has been underwhelming the times that I have been there.
I totally understand. its not for everyone. I normally stick to the basics when i go there, which never disappoints...i normally get cheeseburgers/fries. My fave was the picnic burger...so yummy. Not sure if its still on the menu thou. And the shakes! OMG! :cloud9:

I like Kona Café alone, and I haven't gone yet, but I want to do Jiko solo. They have a counter you can dine at so you're not all alone at a table. Oh, and 50's Prime Time's bar is the bomb for solo dining!

I would also recommend Kona Cafe, great food!!! I have not done Jiko's solo, but I would imagine it would be a good time.

I want to do Biergarten, The canteen in Pandora, Garden Grill, Crystal Palace, Scifi, Rainforest, maybe mickey or crt

I wanted to do 50's but no way I am going in there on my own!

Food and Wine fest, an Halloween Party too

In September 7th for 14 days I will be around :).

I wanted to do 50's but no way I am going in there on my own!

My experience at 50s Prime Time was really good, and I thank my server. Initially he did no "schtick", but when I asked him "how's Grandma's [I forget what it was]? Did she work hard making it?", then he got a little into character. However, he was always "gentle" about it, not loud. But I saw him at other tables, and he really dished it out there!

50's Prime Time Cafe is amazing solo! When I went last summer, there were 2 other solo travellers in my area. Our "cousin" (waiter) jokingly made the comment, "All of you cousins should be sitting together, not in separate tables." We all looked at each other, smiled, and asked to combine our table. So three random strangers enjoyed lunch together, with an amazing waiter. It was one of the highlights of my trip!

During my last Disney vacation (earlier this month), I enjoyed dining as a solo guest at the following restaurants/lounges:
  • Nomad's Lounge: New Favorite - it provides a wonderful atmosphere and respite from the busy Animal Kingdom. The cocktails were great with tasty small plates. Few small plates made a meal for me.
  • Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge: Great location in Hollywood Studios, while dining could watch the crowd and the Star Wars show. The food was excellent - Cobb Salad, Grapefruit Cake. During this visit, I discovered that you can order the restaurant sized version of the Cobb Salad from my waitress. (Note: The lounges are a nice option for a solo, because you do not need an ADR/reservation.)
  • Beaches N' Creme - Great spot to grab a burger and ice cream, especially while staying at the Epcot resorts. I was lucky to get a last minute reservation for 1 - a benefit of being a solo diner.
  • Chefs de France - Nice table by the windows, able to watch the activity from World Showcase. Enjoyed the French Onion soup and the Creme Brule, but felt that my main entree was not well-prepared. Nice service from an attentive waiter.
Although, you did not request counter service/quick service places. I need to post my honorable mentions from Disney Springs. At Morimoto Asia Street food, I had an excellent order of spare ribs; I was originally headed for the Homecoming window, but a private party was at the restaurant that night, so went to the nearest place. Also, I liked Delux-Burger and Polite Pig. Both places provided a quality meal for quick services, plus as a solo diner, it was convenient to order food, grab a drink, select a table/seat and have wait staff deliver the food to the table. Much easier than being a solo diner and finding a place to sit and eat with a full tray of food. Also, it was fun to have an ice cold Coke at the rooftop bar with some peanuts at the Coke store.

Hope this helps with your planning.

Enjoy your Disney vacation!

Hi! I am going solo for the first time and my first visit to WDW. These are my ADRs I picked. Thoughts on them.
Ohana for dinner my first night. However you have to put 2 for reservations.
BOG for lunch on my MK day
Sanaa for Dinner on my AK day
Nothing yet for Epcot since I will be there during the F&W fest
Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria my last day.

Any other ideas? I’m staying at POP.

I am planning my first solo trip (other than 1 day in Epcot and a meal at Disney Springs' Paradiso 37 while waiting for my family to arrive) for November. I haven't really noticed the places with bar/lounges that serve food (other than the Wave because that is my favorite Disney restaurant) because I've always had ADRs with my family. What are the other places with bar/lounge where you can order dinner?

Thanks for all the recommendations on this thread. I'm there September 15 - 29 and have started booking a few ADRs. Got Crystal Palace, Garden Grill and Sci-Fi Dine-In booked so far. Can. Not. Wait! :)
I just got Garden Grill PPO for my trip in Sept. I am staying offsite so have to get up every morning at 4:30 to get ready to book. Its killing me LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter