Favorite Server recently on the Wonder?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by taggie4, Jan 11, 2018.

1. taggie4

taggie4 Earning My Ears

Hi All! We are excited to be leaving on our 3rd cruise at the end of the month. I have never requested a server on a cruise but our last cruise was a bit of a disappointment with our server. I really am not expecting too much. What bothered us most was the attitude the server had when we would ask for anything. Just made us feel bad. Our first cruise was had such a kind, helpful server that my children still talk about him. So help me out for having another magical experience. Who have you had recently on the Wonder that you would recommend?

2. MUN

MUN DIS Veteran

We recently enjoyed Hans from South Africa and his Asst. Server Cristel from Mexico. The head waiter for our portion of the dining room was Ronald from the Netherlands, who was the hardest working head waiter we've ever seen on seven DCL cruises,

taggie4 likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. taggie4

taggie4 Earning My Ears

Thank you!

5. ivanp91

ivanp91 Mouseketeer

I had Ma Elizabeth Ramirez a few months ago (she goes by Elizabeth), absolutely fantastic! Ties with one of the servers on the Magic as my favorite :)

taggie4 likes this.
  6. taggie4

taggie4 Earning My Ears

Thank you! I guess I'll also be hoping that whoever I request isn't on a break off the ship.

7. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS veteran

Just be aware, only make one request. If you make two requests, DCL is notorious for not granting either, especially if they contradict each other.

For example, only ask for one server. Not a team. Not a dining rotation plus specific server. Don't ask for "server A" OR "server B" on the same request. If both are available, DCL won't know which one to give you.

taggie4 likes this.
  8. Aby

Aby Obsessive and Compulsive

We absolutely loved our server Zelton from India. We were an adult only group if that matters. He was very kind, open and friendly and we had excellent service!

Aby

taggie4 likes this.
  9. gilsan

gilsan DIS Veteran

We had Charles Dias from India, we thought he was great, very attentive and accommodating.

taggie4 likes this.
  10. DisneyPiPhi

DisneyPiPhi DIS Veteran

You’ve already gotten several recommendations, but I’ll put in a plug for the members of our December 15 cruise server team:
    - Komang (server)
    - Meible (assistant server)
    - Geffrey (head server)

All were wonderful, especially with our five year old DD.

taggie4 likes this.
  11. xavier2001

xavier2001 Mouseketeer

We had Komang as an assistant server in Alaska 2016, we thought he was fabulous and were saying he should be promoted. Glad he was! Geffrey was our head server and he was a hoot!

taggie4 likes this.
  12. taggie4

taggie4 Earning My Ears

Thank you for all the great suggestions! :)

13. DisneyPiPhi

DisneyPiPhi DIS Veteran

Geffrey is my daughter's favorite person on the Wonder, except maybe cruise director Ashley. DD wasn't feeling great on the first night and didn't really want dinner, but he brought her a bowl of cookies and she was so happy.

14. GoofyLovingFamily

GoofyLovingFamily DIS Veteran

We loved Geffrey!

15. shellymo

shellymo Earning My Ears

We just had Dhoulson and also Dee is back on the Wonder. We saw Dee serving at another table, we had her on the Magic and she was great. Both are excellent servers!

taggie4 likes this.
  16. JessNewt

JessNewt I've got nothing to do today but smile :)

We had Juan (from Peru) server and "Popcorn" from Thailand in December and LOOOOVVED THEM! My son wasn't feeling well one night at dinner after we had already placed our order. He and I went back to the room before the food had arrived and Juan ended up bringing our dinners to the room. It was incredible and totally unexpected. And he does some wicked awesome magic. He told us he gets off the ship for a break in March. I know we will be asking for him next time.

Have fun!

taggie4 likes this.