Favorite Quick Service meal?

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
I think we may try Toothsome for dinner but need QS suggestions . Getting excited for our trip!!!

On Citywalk, I really enjoyed the breadbox, or Red Oven Pizza. My kids asked to eat there every day!

In Universal, I really enjoyed Leaky Cauldron, but the theming in Monsters Cafe was really cool too. Only thing, the Monsters Cafe line moves slowly.

The only two we tried in Islands of Adventure were Circus Mcgurkus and the Three Broomsticks and sadly, we do not want to eat at either a second time. Circus Mcgurkus was fine, just not that memorable. The Three Broomsticks had unevenly heated food, and some of it was inedible. I know The Three Broomsticks has a lot of fans.

Also if you go to Toothsome, make sure you ask for an inside table. All the entertainment is inside. The characters will not go outside.

In the parks I'd say the Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck in the Simpsons area or either one of the Harry Potter restaurants are good picks.

In CityWalk if you like sushi then there's the Fusion Bistro Sushi & Sake bar which I really enjoy the volcano roll or I've heard good things about Bread Box but haven't tried it yet. The same goes for Red Oven Pizza Bakery.

I lover Thunder Falls Terrace in IOA next to Jurassic Park River Adventure.

Ribs and Rotisserie Chicken, good sides, big portions, reasonably priced. And the nicely shaded terrace outside is right next to JPRA so you watch the boats come plunging down out of the ride.

Breadbox, Red Oven in Citywalk are much better IMO than any QS meal in the parks. We also really enjoyed the new Today Cafe for sandwiches. Wish we liked the Potter restaurants more....the food just wasn’t all that great for us. Simpson’s food court was decent.

Circus Mcgurkus is literally one of the worst places I've ever eaten anywhere. Hard pass.

We thought the chicken was good. It would not be my first choice, but we had kids this past trip that enjoyed it.

CityWalk - Red Oven Pizza is great.
Studios - Springfield has good burgers. Fun place to eat. Monsters Cafe has good quality food in a fun atmosphere.
Islands - Circus McGurkus is tasty.

Counter service is much better at Universal than Disney.

We love the Simpson's FFB - lots of variety and surprisingly good. Portions are large also so possible sharing options if that works for you.
Thunder Falls and Monster's Cafe - seem to have very similar food imho. Both are cool in their own way, but I love Thunder Falls.
Family feast at Three Broomsticks is a great value if you like the food it comes with. I prefer Three Broomsticks to Leaky Cauldron food-wise, though the latter is also quite fun.

Places to avoid - I think the food at Mel's can really be missed. Extremely basic theme park fast food. Not as good as the others.

Also if you go to Toothsome, make sure you ask for an inside table. All the entertainment is inside. The characters will not go outside.

This was not our experience in June. We stood outside after getting ice cream and waited for Penelope who was chatting with one of the outdoor tables. May be weather dependent (the heat)

We didn't eat a lot of quick service, but the one we did eat at was the panda express/burgerkig/moes set up. All chain restaurants, but all places we don't often eat or don't have access to so a mediocre meal for others was a rare treat for us.

Just like @Ohanaof3, we’ve always had great meals at Red Oven and Breadbox. Those two are our go-tos as we don’t find any QS meal that is comparable in the parks so we always time our meals while on Citywalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter