Favorite places to eat??

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
What are your fav places for Breakfast (character & non-character) counter service, snacks and Dinner?? Where would you recommend your best friend go if she had 3 small kids and was never at DL???

Well I have three small kids, 5, 3 and 10 months and we like to eat at:

Storyteller's Cafe (character breakfast and order off the menu) but we also like it here for lunch (a wonderful turkey sandwich) and the kids like dinner (make your own pizza!)

We also like Carnation Cafe. The pretzel bread for the sandwiches is great here, and the kids love the PB & J painters palette for lunch.

We also like to eat at Whitewater Snacks in the Grand! Wonderful food, huge prtions and great prices!

Another favorite for us is Pizza Port. Both of my girls really like the chicken pasta here and so do I, although the atmosphere is not my favorite.

I don't know about your kids but mine do not really care for the mac n cheese there, and nuggets get old quick so we like these so that we have a few more choices. We also like to eat at the Sourdough Bread Co in DCA, and the kids like the burrito at the Mexican restaurant right by it!

Good luck, there are tons of choices out there, and we are going to try some new ones at DTD this time~

Andrea

Nope, only breakfast is! The only character dinners are Goofy's and Ariel's. I have done both before and we are doing Ariel's again in October, but I just can't pay the price for Goofy's again. Not that it isn't great but I just can't do it. Most of the characters there I end up seeing abundantly in the parks, so I don't feel the need to break the bank there. JMHO, some people love it though! If anything try it like I did and then you'll know that you aren't missing out if you don't go next time!

Andrea

TwingleMum said:
What are your fav places for Breakfast (character & non-character) counter service, snacks and Dinner?? Where would you recommend your best friend go if she had 3 small kids and was never at DL???

for breakfast my favorite is Minne and friends at Plaza inn

non character is River Belle Terrace and Carnation Cafe

for lunch/dinner would be River Belle Terrace for bbq, Bengal BBQ for the skewers(except the veggie ones), and the red wagon for my corn dogs yum!

as far as taking kids for the first time, I would definitely do one of the character meals.. as to which one? well I guess it depends on who your kids like....I would do either goofys kitchen, Minnie and friends breakfast, if you have girls who like princesses then definitely ariels grotto(lunch/dinner only)...if its mixed meh I dont know that I would...also Lilo and Stitch breakfast at Paradise Pier Hotel and if you have all boys then storytellers breakfast at Grand California hotel...also if breakfast isnt your thing, Goofys kitchen also does dinner :goodvibes

For breakfast we really like Lilo & Stitch's charcter meal(you have the option of ordering the biffet or off the menu) at PPH. We also like Carnation Cafe in Disneyland, and White Water Snacks at GCH. For lunch, we usually end up at the pool. At dlh, we'll grab some food from crocs & bits and at gch from White water snacks. If we're staying across the street we'll stop by McDonald's of Mimi's. For dinner we like goofy's kitchen since it has a prime rib on the buffet and it includes dessert, drinks and a fun environment. Our kids love the variety it offers and our son is a big eater while our daughter is a picky eater so it works out well for us. For snacks we usually pick up popcorn as we wait for a parade, fanstasmic, or fireworks. In the afternoon wel'll pick up some ice cream bars at the ice cream vendors. We also love having ice cream at Gibson Girl. Since your friend has young kids, I'd recommend doing the nestle cooking baking where each child get 2 cookies for free at the end along with a baker's hat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter