Favorite place to stay at Disney?

JazzDKD

Earning My Ears
DW and I leave for Disney in 11 days, 17 hours. I can't believe it is less than two weeks at this point (soon to be single digits).

We will be staying on-site for the first time. Just wondering, what is your favorite place to stay when visiting Disney World?

My favorite place, so far, is Port Orleans French Quarter. I liked the food court at Caribbean Beaches, and I really want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge after going there for dinner at Artists Point. But I love the French Quarter theming and the music that plays continuously, and the pook and the hot tub are fun too.

Of the moderates -DH & I love POFQ . The resort is smaller, it has nice ambience and we like the boat to DTD.

We love WL because it is relaxed and peaceful at night. The lobby is really impressive and we like how it feels "tucked away" from the busy rest of WDW. We like the boat ride to MK too.

We also give honorable mention to Beach Club because of Stormalong Bay and it's so close to Epcot.

DW and I will be staying one night at the Wilderness Lodge, five nights at our home resort the Beach Club Villas, and one night at Port Orleans Riverside.

This will be a great sampling of Disney resorts.

BCV is a great place to stay. It is nice walk to EPCOT. Are you staying at WL or VWL? The villas are simular to BCV in layout. Sounds like you will have a great and magical trip.

We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first night. We are not staying at VWL because we are saving some of our points for a large family trip next year with my parents, brothers and their families, and DW's parents. And yes, we all get along.

I can't wait to walk through the WL doors and step into the beautiful lobby, knowing that I will be checking in for the night.

My absolute favorite place is the Wilderness Lodge. It's such a beautiful resort!

Tough one. I have stayed at 5 resorts - Contemporary, Poly, French Quarter, Coronado, and Riverside. My favorite would have to be French Quarter, as BigTigg'r mentioned, and for the same reasons. A very close 2nd would be the Contemporary. We had a room in the south wing, first floor, and could sit on the patio at night and watch the water pagent. It is also within walking distance of my fav park, the MK.

Enjoy your trip! 11 days to go for me!

I have only been to the WL concierge and the All Stars so I can't really say yet which is my favorite. WL was nice, but not my favorite. I loved watching my DD at Toy Story, but don't want to stay there without her :) My DH and I are going to POR in 2005 just the two of us and I have a feeling that will become my favorite resort, but we shall have to see.

The Boardwalk is my all time favorite resort!!! I just love the atmosphere and everything else about it. Disney really got it right when they built the BW!!!

Here's a vote for Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was gorgeous. We went ahead and paid for the Savannah room and I have to say that was probably my favorite part of our entire trip to Disney. Just being able to get up in the morning and watch the animals. Even if you don't get the Savannah room though, they have so many viewing areas it would still be worth it.

Not to mention, having Boma for breakfast is an added plus. Be sure to ask for the Frunch recipe.

--Rachael

Having only tried two so far, I would have to say that I don't know. The Contemporary was certainly wonderful for kids and families with the large gameroom, large rooms and the view is unbeatable. Love the EWP.

BUT, for couples or singles or a more adult atmosphere, the Boardwalk Inn was awesome. Being close to EPCOT is wonderful, quiet ambiance with lovely views of the lagoon.

I like them both!!!!

In the next year, I'm trying OKW and BWV for sure, and then hopefully AKL or WL next spring. I'm leaning toward AKL.

Hands down the All-Star Resorts! You get to "live" on Disney property for a fraction of the rest of the resorts and that means more spending money for souveniors!!! The All-Stars have a great food court and gift shop, the rooms are very comfortable and easy to get to, and as stated before, you save a lot of money for a room that DH and I just basically store our stuff in and sleep in so that you can spend more on souveniors!

Korey

Personally, I think that your hitting all the right ones. I love most of the mods, each for different reasons and feelings. WL and AKL are truly fabulous and Epcot area. Have a wonderful trip.

Beach club is our favorite. Although the Kids love the cabins in Fw. I stayed at the Beach Club and loved it. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Yacht Club. I can not get enough of that pool!
Also, I love the location. It's so nice to be able to walk to EPCOT. and the BW is open late so there are a lot of food and drink options.

Wilderness Lodge is my favorite place I've stayed at, it's just so beautiful and everything is so close to your room. Right there on Bay Lake, MK very close.

A close 2nd would be All-Star Movies, we paid $49 a night and had a wonderful time. I'd rather stay at AS than most deluxe or moderate resorts. I love the food court, the pool, and how this resort is alive for all hours of the night (I'm a night owl).

The resort that I really want to stay at is the Contemporary (tower)! I just love that place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter