Favorite Park and Why?

Favorite US Disney Park?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MartyParty

Mouseketeer
So, just for fun what’s your favorite Disney Park in the US and why? To set the stage, our family and friends have an upcoming trip in May. There’s no right or wrong answer to this question. Merely wanting to see what others think and perhaps learn something I don’t know or might be taking for grant it.

My favorite is Disneyland’s California Adventure Park. I especially enjoy it when staying at the Grand Californian Hotel (but have stayed a neighbor hotels) and can walk straight into Grizzly Peak / Soarin’ Over California area. I love the feeling of being in the great outdoors and the adventures’ theme music playing coupled with the smell of churros in the air. Some quick things I enjoy:
  • Starbucks and Ghirardelli are close by
  • Cars Land at night is awesome especially when the lights first flicker on
  • I always get a group picture with the Pixar Pal-A-Round “Mickey” Ferris wheel in the background
  • Day and night the Incredicoaster is one of my favorite coasters and I especially like the single rider line for a quick shortcut
  • Don’t ask me why but my wife loves loves loves Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters. We ride it several times.
  • Food and Wine Festival time is delightful in the Spring
  • The whole area with Silly Symphony Swings, Golden Zephyr, and Toy Story Midway Mania is a blast when the crowds are low
This place gives me a nice blend of modern and classical Disney with a balance of nature and downtown throughout the park. It’s my happy place.

So, what’s your favorite park and why?

I'm so glad to see that Animal Kingdom is in the lead right now. It's by far my favorite park If you go on "Pirates of the Caribbean" in MK three times, it will be the same each time. However if you go on "Kilimanjaro Safari" 3 times, not everything will be the same each time. Heck, it took me over 20 years before I heard the lion roar. And I could spend literally hours at some attractions, like watching the bachelor gorillas or watching a complicated veterinary procedure.

I can't believe you made me choose :mad: jk :P! I was super torn between Epcot and Animal Kingdom but EE and Safari are my two favorite rides in all of WDW so AK FTW!!!!

I hear ya. I think AK is my second choice. I’m sure I’m / we are in the minority but let’s see how the poll goes. My wife’s 1st choice for sure is MK or DL. That’s the park she remembers from her childhood.

Hollywood Studios, mainly because I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I think they have a solid 8 rides, not even counting the shows and Alien Swirling Saucers. However it's not perfect. I wish it had better restaurants which is why we usually leave to go to the Springs for dinner.

Epcot, is officially #2 with Guardians, Test Track, Soarin, Mission Space, Ratatouille, Frozen & Spaceship Earth. It has the best restaurants however, I feel that the quarterly festivals really prevent you from wanting to do a sit down cause you can just snack and eat.

The next 2 is tough because Magic Kingdom is an all day park but 90% of it's rides is nostalgic. I love Space Mountain, but it's not even the best Space Mountain I've ever been on. I feel Disneyland & Disneyland Paris is better. I haven't been on Tron yet.

Animal Kingdom, I don't feel is an all day park. I do think Flights of Passage can be considered arguably WDW's best ride. I just wish there was more attractions to do outside of Na'vi River, Safari, Rapids, Everest & Dinosaur. Rapids is usually not an option because we normally go in March or November and it's been cooler.

If I could park hop, I would just do Animal Kingdom, leave and then run over to Magic Kingdom that would be open late.

Epcot. We aren't ride centric and we love WS. We like the edutainment aspect of it (what is left that is). We spend part of every single day of a trip there.

My second is AK. I can spend hours just wandering around the trails, love the shows and it wouldn't be a trip without at least going to Nomad Lounge once.

Im very torn, but I have to pick MK. It’s where my love for Disney began. I remember going there as a child. It’s where my wife and I went on our first date, we were cast members. It’s where my kids all experienced their first true Disney moment. It just has played such a massive role in my life. The others are great but MK is my favorite.

That's such a tough one because I love Animal Kingdom but something about Magic Kingdom always gets me! I think it is just so nostalgic and it feels the most like stepping into a fantasy world.

Mk easily, love everything about it.

Went to ak for second time this past trip (first was 2018). I’d be fine never going again. Overpriced glorified zoo with very few rides.

I've only been once but there's something undeniable (and intangible) about Disneyland being the original. Plus, it's got many of my favorite FL things conveniently located in one park ... and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!

However, despite three of my top five favorite attractions being located in MK, in Florida my favorite park is Hollywood Studios. Is it kind of a frustrating mess from a touring perspective? Yes. But I am a child of the 90s with major nostalgia for Eisner-era Disney, and Hollywood Studios still has a lot of that feeling. Plus, it's got three of my favorite things in all of WDW:
  1. Fantasmic! might be my number one favorite thing in ALL WDW. It's bonkers and yes, I have cried while watching it.
  2. Another thing that's brought me tears of joy and utter astonishment? Rise of the Resistance. I so clearly remember experiencing it, unspoiled, for the first time, and I chase that feeling every time I return to Walt Disney World.
  3. Tower of Terror is another of my favorite attractions, and when I was a CM I got to do a backstage tour.
I just have a lot of good memories of DHS, dating all the way back to the MGM days. RIP Citizens of Hollywood, though.

my favorite is now Epcot. Always loved world showcase and we all know guardians of the galaxy is the best ride ever so it locks it at #1. next time i visit construction will be done and i know it will be ben better

Thanks for participating in my poll. It’s was a small sample size but the favorite parks:

1st Magic Kingdom
2nd Animal Kingdom
3rd Disneyland California

I voted EPCOT because the DW and I love the access from BCV & BWV, we love the fireworks there
(all of them, even the most recent ones with the Lake Monsters) :D
DWs favorite ride is still Frozen, and I really enjoy Remy & Guardians.
And we both love the Fish & Chips in the UK, just as you come in from the IG !!

I'm not surprised that MK ranked #1 in this so far, but surprised that EPCOT wasn't a strong 2nd ?? We also like DHS, mainly for SWGE, but our selection criteria is based mainly on access-by-foot when staying at Crescent Lake.
My personal ranking of the WDW parks is:
#1 - EPCOT
#2 - DHS
#3 - DAK
#4 - MK

"Chacun A Son Gout" :goodvibes

I voted EPCOT because the DW and I love the access from BCV & BWV, we love the fireworks there

I'm not surprised that MK ranked #1 in this so far, but surprised that EPCOT wasn't a strong 2nd ?? We also like DHS, mainly for SWGE, but our selection criteria is based mainly on access-by-foot when staying at Crescent Lake.
It is interesting for sure... Also that now I put up a poll and DLR is running away with it, but got much less love here. Maybe VDH has affected that.?

It is interesting for sure... Also that now I put up a poll and DLR is running away with it, but got much less love here. Maybe VDH has affected that.?
Even DCA is doing better in your poll. You might be right. VDH has brought back more DL folks to the boards.

So, just for fun what’s your favorite Disney Park in the US and why? To set the stage, our family and friends have an upcoming trip in May. There’s no right or wrong answer to this question. Merely wanting to see what others think and perhaps learn something I don’t know or might be taking for grant it.

My favorite is Disneyland’s California Adventure Park. I especially enjoy it when staying at the Grand Californian Hotel (but have stayed a neighbor hotels) and can walk straight into Grizzly Peak / Soarin’ Over California area. I love the feeling of being in the great outdoors and the adventures’ theme music playing coupled with the smell of churros in the air. Some quick things I enjoy:
  • Starbucks and Ghirardelli are close by
  • Cars Land at night is awesome especially when the lights first flicker on
  • I always get a group picture with the Pixar Pal-A-Round “Mickey” Ferris wheel in the background
  • Day and night the Incredicoaster is one of my favorite coasters and I especially like the single rider line for a quick shortcut
  • Don’t ask me why but my wife loves loves loves Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters. We ride it several times.
  • Food and Wine Festival time is delightful in the Spring
  • The whole area with Silly Symphony Swings, Golden Zephyr, and Toy Story Midway Mania is a blast when the crowds are low
This place gives me a nice blend of modern and classical Disney with a balance of nature and downtown throughout the park. It’s my happy place.

So, what’s your favorite park and why?
I absolutely love how complete the theming is at Animal Kingdom... thank you Joe Rohde. I also think this park has excellent food, second only to EPCOT. It's seems less stressful than the other parks, doesn't usually require Genie +, and is the most unique, IMHO. It does need an expansion, which we all know by now, is in the conversation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter