Favorite or unique things to do outside of the parks

goofy4wdw2

DIS Veteran
We are planning a resort only trip to WDW the week before Easter. We are not buying park tickets and plan to relax at the resort (Saratoga Springs), explore DIsney Springs more than usual, and check out some parts of WDW we haven’t experienced yet. I’m sure we’ll mini golf (went once before, need to try another course!), might rent bikes somewhere, might go to explore Fort Wilderness and possibly Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Looking for tours or unique things at resorts to see or do. Can you pass along your favorite non-park activities in DIsney World? Thanks!

Back in the day, before I had my pass I used to go on a "Poor Man's Disney Trip". I'd essentially park it at Disney Springs, from there it could be anything.

I'd do Disney Springs, or ride a bus to Magic Kingdom so I can go ride the ferry, or perhaps the monorail and go resort hopping, enjoy the atmosphere, take photographs, perhaps have a snack, or a drink at each resort. Or if starting at MK, I could instead ride a boat and enjoy the view of the Discovery Island and see a glimpse of what used to be River Country, before enjoying the environment of Fort Wilderness, or then ride a boat to Wilderness Lodge and look at the beautiful water falls and have a drink, or snack over there.

Also, Animal Kingdom Lodge we'd visit as well, there are plenty of places to see the animals from not only outside, but through the windows of inside the resort as well. You can also go to Sanaa, which is a restaurant which has open windows for you to see the animals as well while you enjoy a meal. The bread service is a favorite. Also, there is a Safari type of experience as well (however I never partaken in that), as well as there was a culinary tour as well (never got a chance to do it, but it's free unlike the safari).

We just rented searaycers at the yacht club area and it was one of the best things we’ve ever done. We also rented a surrey bike and that was pretty fun too. We did the mini golf and thought it was just okay. Nothing special as far as mini golf goes. The void at Disney springs is pretty awesome but pricey. You can rent golf carts at fort wilderness which could be fun. We did the fun run at the yacht club and that was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter