Favorite Lounges/Cocktails on Property????

mdsouth

DIS Veteran
Hi all! :wave: I will be heading down in December and am looking for ideas on favorite lounges and speciality drinks to try. :cool1: Right now, I will be paying out of pocket so I do not have to limit the list to ones on the Dining Plan. It would be great if you could list the the name of the place and what location it is in. I am looking primarily for suggestions for cocktails - I like ones that are fruity with either rum or vodka. 🍹 I cannot drink beer/ales due to a food allergy.

Favourite Lounges

Traders Sam @ the Poly - fave drink Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum

Geyers Point @ the WL - Northwest Iced Tea

Three Bridges Bar @ Coronado Springs - Sangaria

Baseline Tap House @ HS

Nomad Lounge @ AK

Nomad Lounge: AK (anything)
Baseline Tap (although this is mostly beer but there are a couple of cocktails that look interesting which I have yet to try; good charcuterie platter): HS
Tambu Lounge: Polynesian (anything with fruit juice)
Geyser Point: WL (black cherry mule is my favourite)
Victoria Falls: AKL (lots of nice options)
La Cava del Tequila: Epcot - Mexico (straight tequila or any of the margaritas)
Outer Rim: CR (it's a bit noisy because of the open lobby but has some interesting bourbon-based drinks)
Territory Lounge: WL

I'm only listing those I've actually been to that I like. I have at least 5-6 more on my list to try out in upcoming trips that sound interesting.

Jock Lindseys Hangar Bar at D Springs.....Tambu Lounge at Polynesian resort...AbracadaBar at the Boardwalk Resort ( a 1920 speak easy / magician themed bar}...Brown Derby Lounge , outdoor seating only , in HWS....All of hte different countries in Epcot {especially the Grand Marnier slush in France} and lots of great beer in the Germany section...

Traders Sam @ the Poly - fave drink Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum

This one sounds like a fun drink and I love the Poly theme too!

Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar in Disney Springs
I have been reading a lot about this place. So, it is definitely on my list of places to try if I make it to Disney Springs.
Our favorite drink is a Lapu Lapu at the Tambu Lounge at The Polynesian
Oh! I think I remember this one from one of my previous trips. I agree it was great. Looks like I have a couple of reasons to visit the Poly!

You and others are all highly recommending this place so it is on my definite list of places to try out.

I'm a fruity drink kind of girl and my favorite place for cocktails is Nomad Lounge in AK - they fresh squeeze their own juices for their drinks! Also love Trader Sam's for the atmosphere.
Sounds like my kind of place with the fresh squeezed juices!

ock Lindseys Hangar Bar at D Springs.....Tambu Lounge at Polynesian resort...AbracadaBar at the Boardwalk Resort ( a 1920 speak easy / magician themed bar}...
I might just have to venture over to the Boardwalk to check out the Abracada Bar. I teach Social Studies and one of my units focuses on the 1920's! So, I can mark it up to doing a little research! :o

Wow, there are so many good choices, but here are a few of my favorites, in no particular order:

1. Nomad Lounge (AK). It's a great atmosphere, excellent service, and really solid cocktails. I highly recommend the Night Monkey. It's rum-based, a little fruity but not overly sweet, with a hint of coffee flavor. It might be my favorite cocktail on property.

2. Brown Derby Lounge (MGM). I try to make it for lunch every trip. They have their own food menu, but you can also order anything from the full Hollywood Brown Derby menu. As for cocktails, on a warm day the Purity Collins is incredibly refreshing. You also can't go wrong with any of their martinis.

3. Tune In Lounge (MGM). I recommend this place specifically for their long island iced tea. It is good and strong. Like, VERY strong. It's also a very fun atmosphere.

4. Jock Lindsey's (Springs). Honestly, the drinks and service are just okay, but I love the atmosphere. My personal favorite cocktail is the Cool-Headed Monkey.

5. Abracadabar (BW). Great atmosphere and service, and never seems overly crowded. Walk through the inside to check it out, but sit outside if the weather is nice to get in some good people-watching. For cocktails I really like both the Collin's Double and the Parlor Trick.

Our favorite drink is a Lapu Lapu at the Tambu Lounge at The Polynesian
I'll second that because it's huge and probably one of the only drinks on property where you get your money's worth! Most drinks are sooo overpriced and tiny! (I'm lookin' at you Grey Goose Slush!) The Yak Attack at Yak and Yeti wasn't bad but I'd say the frozen margaritas in Mexico at Epcot might be a good one to start with. You can pick your flavor or mix them. I'm a girly drink person as well lol. It ain't good unless it has an umbrelly in it! lol

Baseline Tap (although this is mostly beer but there are a couple of cocktails that look interesting which I have yet to try; good charcuterie platter): HS
Tambu Lounge: Polynesian (anything with fruit juice)
Geyser Point: WL (black cherry mule is my favourite)
Victoria Falls: AKL (lots of nice options)
La Cava del Tequila: Epcot - Mexico (straight tequila or any of the margaritas)
Outer Rim: CR (it's a bit noisy because of the open lobby but has some interesting bourbon-based drinks)
Territory Lounge: WL

I'm only listing those I've actually been to that I like. I have at least 5-6 more on my list to try out in upcoming trips that sound interesting.

2nd Geyser Point at WL. I'm a beer guy but that black cherry mule was something special. Plus great views of the lake, resort, and open air 8-). Also a big fan of Baseline Taphouse and La Cava del Tequila.

My experiences at territory lounge, geyser point and the wave lounge have been some of my most memorable. Almost always have a cast compliment to tweet out. So many wonderful interactions with cast members who go above and beyond to make our experiences exceptional. And the drinks and food have always been on point

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I have been meaning to visit Wilderness Lodge. It just looks so beautiful and peaceful in photographs. And now I have an added reason to do so, Geyser Point Lounge!

I'll second that because it's huge and probably one of the only drinks on property where you get your money's worth! Most drinks are sooo overpriced and tiny! (I'm lookin' at you Grey Goose Slush!) The Yak Attack at Yak and Yeti wasn't bad but I'd say the frozen margaritas in Mexico at Epcot might be a good one to start with. You can pick your flavor or mix them. I'm a girly drink person as well lol. It ain't good unless it has an umbrelly in it! lol

I just had to smile at your comment, "It ain't good unless it has an umbrelly in it!" So true! And if you do not mind, I would like to use the quote as the title for my follow-up trip lounge/drink review report when I return from my trip.

Yak and Yeti was on my list of places to try for the food, now I have another reason to try it!

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I have been meaning to visit Wilderness Lodge. It just looks so beautiful and peaceful in photographs. And now I have an added reason to do so, Geyser Point Lounge!

I just had to smile at your comment, "It ain't good unless it has an umbrelly in it!" So true! And if you do not mind, I would like to use the quote as the title for my follow-up trip lounge/drink review report when I return from my trip.
I'd be honored! lol

I will have to narrow down the places to try due to the short time I will be at Disney, but here are the places and drinks I want to try so far. But I am still open to other ideas. Keep them coming!

1. Nomad Lounge - AK - Several peole said this is their favorite place. I have been looking at the menu and thinking about trying the Leaping Lizard (Central and South America; Malibu pineapple rum and Augusta cachaca with orange, passion fruit, and mango juices).

2. Yak and Yeti - AK - I have yet to eat here and these three drinks sound delish!
Yak Attack - mango daiquiri, Don Q Cristal rum & wild berry flavors$9.99
Big BambooParrot Bay Coconut Rum, Don Q Cristal Rum, Banana Liqueur & Tropical Fruit Juices$9.99
Tropical DaiquiriDon Q Cristal rum with choice of strawberry, pina colada, wild berry or mango flavors$9.99
As for food here - I want to try the Korean Beef and I think my son will probably enjoy the Kobe Beef Burger.

3. Geyser Point - Wilderness Lodge - I have wanted to visit the lodge for a long time now, and with so many people suggesting this place, I now have another reason to go. I just don't know with my short time there and travel time if I will be able to make it a reality on this trip.

4. Lapu Lapu at the Tambu Lounge at The Polynesian (I think this is the same lounge and drink that I had way back in '93. If it is, it was great then and definitely deserves a repeat!

5. Jock Lindsey's - Disney Springs The two drinks I am thinking about trying are:
$12.50
Cool-headed Monkey ,Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, Watermelon, and Pineapple Juice Mug is additional $15 if you wish to purchase$12.50
Reggie's Revenge ,Florida Cane Orange Vodka, Midori Melon Liqueur, White Cranberry Juice, and fresh Lime Juice; mug is additional $8 if you wish to purchase$12.50

The leaping lizard is a very tasty drink. My advice when you go to the Nomad Lounge or Yak's is have a glass of water before drinking, otherwise that leaping lizard disappears very quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!