Favorite loop at the Fort and why?

I love the 100 loop. It's an easy walk to the Settlement with the Trading Post, Trails End Restaurant and the marina with boats to MK and the Contemporary and beyond. It is a "Preferred" loop, meaning the sites are somewhat smaller than the Premium loops. In my old 5th wheel, this wasn't a problem. My new 5er is 42 ft long and I just don't fit in the 100 loop anymore.

My old 5er was 31 ft. The sites were fine, but navigating around the loop was occasionally a challenge, especially with cars parked along the edges or sticking out beyond the site. I think 31-32 ft trailer is the most I would try to get into a Preferred loop (100,200,300). I'm not trying with my new trailer. I have a Premium site reserved for September.

j

100. Original loop, awesome access to MK and the Trading Post, Marina, Trails End area. Access to all 3 internal bus lines at one spot so you never wait for a bus long. Lots of traffic so if you feel social you will never lack for people to talk to. I have a small motorhome, 26 foot, so the sites have plenty of space and we can easily maneuver the loop. Nothing better for me!

900 loop since we stay on premiums. It's right across from the Meadows and easy walk to pool and movie.

400 is close 2nd as it's the premium closest to marina and restaurants. Also, the squirrels on 400 loop are more entertaining.

I love the 100 loop. It's an easy walk to the Settlement with the Trading Post, Trails End Restaurant and the marina with boats to MK and the Contemporary and beyond. It is a "Preferred" loop, meaning the sites are somewhat smaller than the Premium loops. In my old 5th wheel, this wasn't a problem. My new 5er is 42 ft long and I just don't fit in the 100 loop anymore.

My old 5er was 31 ft. The sites were fine, but navigating around the loop was occasionally a challenge, especially with cars parked along the edges or sticking out beyond the site. I think 31-32 ft trailer is the most I would try to get into a Preferred loop (100,200,300). I'm not trying with my new trailer. I have a Premium site reserved for September.

j

Awesome! Question about the 100 loop. We are coming with an RV (37 foot) and a pull-behind 5th wheel (32 foot, plus the length of the truck). Will those work in the preferred sites? They let me book a preferred site (but we could change if necessary).

I have been through phases of Fort favorite loops. I camp with a pop-up so I can fit anywhere.

At first we camped in the Tent loops to save money but I quickly learned 1500 was small and hard to get and 2000 was further away, more likely to be assigned, and louder.

Then I went through a Premium phase because we liked and requested loop 900 because it was so near the Meadow Trading Post, pool, and campfire/movie area. It has a comfort station and a bus stop at the front of the loop. It is somewhat shady and not very big so if you are in the back it's still not a bad walk to the CS, bus stop, or Meadow TP. We still mixed in some Tent sites during that time.

I'm now in my Preferred phase and have requested loop 100 the last several times for the reasons Teamubr and jknezek gave. One time I got 200 and one time I got bumped across the street into a Premium in 400 loop (my little popup in that big ol swath of concrete was funny looking). As campsite and ticket prices have gone up over the years, we have economized by paying for fewer park days. We end up going to the Fort annually more or less and buy 1-2 park days now max. We always visit the MK and rarely hit the other three (once we did MK twice). So being able to walk briefly to the dock and boat to MK is the reason we choose 100. I'd rather pay for another expensive day at my campsite enjoying the Fort and all WDW has to offer outside the parks than pay for park days (5 Disney adults in my family).

This last trip in January for the Marathon weekend I had site 116 which is literally (along with 114) the closest site to the Fort beach and boats and Trails End. I could hear the porch music from my campsite. The Settlement Trading Post (down near the beach) bathrooms were closer to my site than the 100/200 Comfort station. It was a great site and loop.

At the rate prices are going up, I can see myself moving to the Full sites and try for 1600 near the 1500/1600 Comfort Station (nearest the pool area). That's what our poster snowmedic did this past trip and I will flatter him by imitating him and his method at some point in the future.

Bama Ed

PS - it's hard to say about your trailers in Preferred sites - sites aren't standardized. It depends on where your axles sit (everybody wants them on pavement right?) and that puts the trailer plus vehicle close to the street IMO. Nowadays the Premium/Preferred price difference is not that great (it's a bigger gap between Full and Preferred) so you might want to go Premium and ask for loop 400 or 700 for proximity to the Trails End/beach/boat dock area.

Last edited:
Honest answer The one I am in I am at Ft Wilderness little else matters. But given a choice I would say 1800 we are fr enough off the beaten path that we don't have to worry about road noise. Dog walking area nearby and home turf to the Tom Tom Turkey gang enemies of the NSS

Our favorite loop is also 100 - have stayed there more times than I can remember - sometimes have accepted 200, but very little difference between them.

Loop 800 is my favorite. Lots of large sites, creek rides along the back of most outer loop sites. Large dog walk area, and it is one of the sites that is most decorated. Every Time we are there, we see lots of decorations and the classic Mickey lamps.

I have been through phases of Fort favorite loops. I camp with a pop-up so I can fit anywhere.

At first we camped in the Tent loops to save money but I quickly learned 1500 was small and hard to get and 2000 was further away, more likely to be assigned, and louder.

Then I went through a Premium phase because we liked and requested loop 900 because it was so near the Meadow Trading Post, pool, and campfire/movie area. It has a comfort station and a bus stop at the front of the loop. It is somewhat shady and not very big so if you are in the back it's still not a bad walk to the CS, bus stop, or Meadow TP. We still mixed in some Tent sites during that time.

I'm now in my Preferred phase and have requested loop 100 the last several times for the reasons Teamubr and jknezek gave. One time I got 200 and one time I got bumped across the street into a Premium in 400 loop (my little popup in that big ol swath of concrete was funny looking). As campsite and ticket prices have gone up over the years, we have economized by paying for fewer park days. We end up going to the Fort annually more or less and buy 1-2 park days now max. We always visit the MK and rarely hit the other three (once we did MK twice). So being able to walk briefly to the dock and boat to MK is the reason we choose 100. I'd rather pay for another expensive day at my campsite enjoying the Fort and all WDW has to offer outside the parks than pay for park days (5 Disney adults in my family).

This last trip in January for the Marathon weekend I had site 116 which is literally (along with 114) the closest site to the Fort beach and boats and Trails End. I could hear the porch music from my campsite. The Settlement Trading Post (down near the beach) bathrooms were closer to my site than the 100/200 Comfort station. It was a great site and loop.

At the rate prices are going up, I can see myself moving to the Full sites and try for 1600 near the 1500/1600 Comfort Station (nearest the pool area). That's what our poster snowmedic did this past trip and I will flatter him by imitating him and his method at some point in the future.

Bama Ed

PS - it's hard to say about your trailers in Preferred sites - sites aren't standardized. It depends on where your axles sit (everybody wants them on pavement right?) and that puts the trailer plus vehicle close to the street IMO. Nowadays the Premium/Preferred price difference is not that great (it's a bigger gap between Full and Preferred) so you might want to go Premium and ask for loop 400 or 700 for proximity to the Trails End/beach/boat dock area.

Wow! Awesome. Thanks for the all the information.

What do you like to do at the Fort? We are planning 4 park days, and 2 family days at the Fort.

What do you like to do at the Fort? We are planning 4 park days, and 2 family days at the Fort.
Swim..... Our DD12 Loves to swim.

While it's expensive (relatively speaking), we love the HDDMR. We did for the first time in August 2016 and loved it. Did it again on a trip in November 2016 (which going 2 times in 1 year was an absolute FIRST for us). It wasn't as enjoyable for me or DW though. DW got sick and couldn't even go (Sorry no refunds) and while I went, after being in there for about 10 minutes, I too got sick. I was able to endure through though so that the kids could enjoy it.

Last time we also made Tie Dye Mickey Shirts. Also the Sing-a-long and movie are pretty cool too.

My favorite thing to do is to just enjoy the wild life. Lots of it to enjoy.

Last year we almost had a problem with our site in the 100 loop. We tow a 30 ft travel trailer with a 3500 dually. Backing into the site we almost did not make it between cars on the site across the way, but more importantly the electrical box that supplies power to the loop sits just off the roadway. I was just inches away from that box with my front bumper backing in. Make no mistake about it, the preferred loops are tight. I have been backing trailers from the age of 15 as I worked on a horse farm, so it was not a lack of experience either.

Swim..... Our DD12 Loves to swim.

While it's expensive (relatively speaking), we love the HDDMR. We did for the first time in August 2016 and loved it. Did it again on a trip in November 2016 (which going 2 times in 1 year was an absolute FIRST for us). It wasn't as enjoyable for me or DW though. DW got sick and couldn't even go (Sorry no refunds) and while I went, after being in there for about 10 minutes, I too got sick. I was able to endure through though so that the kids could enjoy it.

Last time we also made Tie Dye Mickey Shirts. Also the Sing-a-long and movie are pretty cool too.

My favorite thing to do is to just enjoy the wild life. Lots of it to enjoy.

All that sounds fun!!!

Last year we almost had a problem with our site in the 100 loop. We tow a 30 ft travel trailer with a 3500 dually. Backing into the site we almost did not make it between cars on the site across the way, but more importantly the electrical box that supplies power to the loop sits just off the roadway. I was just inches away from that box with my front bumper backing in. Make no mistake about it, the preferred loops are tight. I have been backing trailers from the age of 15 as I worked on a horse farm, so it was not a lack of experience either.

Are you booing preferred or premium next time? We like the idea of preferred due to location and we can stake a tent in the ground for the kids to play in... but we do have a large RV, and a 30 travel trailer. Each with their own site, of course. ;)

Are you booing preferred or premium next time? We like the idea of preferred due to location and we can stake a tent in the ground for the kids to play in... but we do have a large RV, and a 30 travel trailer. Each with their own site, of course. ;)
I would still try for a Preferred. A 30 ft TT will fit on the site. If you get into a situation like Chris did, you can ask for a different site. If you aren't towing with the longest wheel base Ford makes, like Chris and I, I think you can get into almost any site with a 30ft TT. The MH might be a little more challenge, but they tend to have a tighter turn than our trucks.

j

We have a 34' mh and don't have any problems being in the preferred loops.

Our only issues, if they are, is navigating to our site if people are parking their tow vehicles into the edge of the road - and yes, unfortunately it happens. If the folks are at their site, they see the situation and usually offer to move without asking - sometimes not!

This time around we booked a premium, which is what we had booked our first trip. We liked it better, no sand pad, which on our TT limited our use of the back door, as we did not want to track sand in the bathroom. We may also be bringing our dog, and there are more pet friendly loops available as premiums.

We just got back and were in the 800 loop (love), it was my first trip driving the entire way, a 34 FT MH. and I did have a challenge driving around the vehicles parked right at the road edge. I love being by the creek

Do all of the preferred campsites have sewer hookups? I only see the sewer hookups mentioned for the Full hookup and Premium sites.

Also, we have a 36' travel trailer with 2 slides. Would our camper fit on a preferred site? We currently have reservations for a full hookup site but I'm liking what I'm hearing about loop 100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter