Favorite fireworks show?

Remember that with the 3 water screens and the overall layout of the Fantasmic amphitheater, all seats are equally good. Except the lower rows close to the water. Sitting there, you will probably get damp to wet, depending on the wind. On hot evenings, might be a plus, cool, not so much.

Overall, Illuminations is probably my favorite.

We are usually in bed by time fireworks start. ;)
We do love IllumiNations and used to watch it at least once a trip. We had so many great family memories during (and waiting for) that show. We will miss it, but we're looking forward to seeing the new show.

Previously:

1. Illuminations
2. Wishes
3. Fantasmic
4. Rivers of Light

Now:

1. Illuminations
2. Fantasmic
3. Happily Ever After
4. Rivers of Light

Curious to see what they replace Illuminations with.

Fantasmic, for sure! But Happily Ever After is amazing too. I also love Rivers of Light but am probably in the minority.

Illuminations is skippable to me.

1 - HEA
2 - Fantasmic
3 - Rivers of Light

So glad that there will be a change for Illuminations - the first several years were great, afterward - meh!

Illuminations is my favorite. I don't like HEA - loved Wishes. But that's not what you asked... LOL.

I also used to work at Fantasmic so am a bit bias towards it. Only downside is you have to get to the theater pretty early and do a lot of waiting/sitting around. But on the bright side, it's isn't quite as hectic as the viewing for MK and (to a lesser extent) Illuminations since it's more organized.

The best way around the long waits for Fantasmic is to go to the late performance on an evening with 2 shows. It's been years since we've seen the amphitheater much more than half full for a late show and good seating is available at the last minute even if several sections are closed off.

This summer, we went on a night with one performance but still didn't want to arrive early. About 5 minutes before showtime, the place was just about full but last minute arrivals were being seated in the unfilled dining section.

Talking about firework shows makes me miss Wishes :(. That being said... Happily Ever After is pretty great & I love the animations on the castle so it's my #1 now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter