Favorite Family Vacation?

[QUOTE="

We also love Vegas, and we're not gamblers. We do day trips for scenery, from Mt Charleston to the Hoover Dam to the Valley of Fire. We love the lights, the shows, the excitement, but also love that 30 minutes away is some of the best scenery in the US. We are considering flying into Salt Lake City and doing Zion/Bryce this fall, then spending the other 3 days in Vegas.

.[/QUOTE]

If you only plan on Bryce & Zion for your trip, they are closer to Vegas than SLC.

Hawaii. We live on E. coast, but still prefer Hawaii over any other beach location.
Thailand. Very friendly people. Cheap cheap cheap. Best massages. And they love children. My kids were treated like kings.

We have really liked the vacations where there has not been a lot of going. This month we came to orlando stayed in a 2 bedroom resort . We did one day at a theme park one day at a water park. Most of the time we stayed at the resort. Got stuff to grill just spent time together. We felt so much more relaxed than having a ho go go vacation.
Last summer we did canon city, co the guys rafted the Royal Gorge, kids and I rode the train. It was really nice. Spending a summer day in the mountains

Any cruise we took our kids on. 1 HAL. 1 Disney. 1 NCL America. They were 11 and 15 on their first cruise.

My wife and I checked our "mom and dad" hats at the gangway and just hung out with our kids for 7 days. No kids clubs, other than an hours long champagne tasting on our Disney cruise, we were together 24 hours a day for a week on each of those cruises. Our kids are 28 and 32 now and they still talk about how much fun those trips were. They say their mom and dad in a whole different light.

Other than Disney World our vacations have had to be more like weekend getaways. Twice we went to Quincy, Illinois which is 5 hrs. from home and has beautiful old homes to see. Lots of history. One trip we took tours through the homes. We went because our grandson was going to school there. I would like to go to The Dells with our entire family, 17 of us, because it looks like there is something for everyone's interest. I think it would be an 8 hr. drive. I love to drive and just enjoy the different scenery along the way.

soooo many great places to visit..... I live WDW and DL of course, but our favorite trip was Maui:love: it was beyond perfect.
We've done a ton of trips and loved them all (mostly)
Alaska (cruise, inside passage):lovestruc
Seattle
We've also done Acadia Maine
Assateague Virginia,
Yellowstone:lovestruc
Yosemite
Arizona (various places)
Grand Canyon (both sides)
Zion Natl park
Bryce Canyon
Death Valley
Arches Natl Park
Canyonlands
Florida coast (both coasts)
Lower LA area coastline
Driving California coast
Puerto Rico
Niagara Falls
and lots of little places in between!
I really love National Parks,and their cousins the great state parks.

While we love Disney we also love Folly Beach and we’ll be heading back this summer! It’s a small barrier island off of Charleston, SC.

Thanks again for the great suggestions! I have looked into Comfort Suites but we decided to pass on Atlantis. I read some recent reviews and it doesn't sound like we would feel good about the money spent on airfare.

We really love camping near the ocean -- we are in Washington state, so it's not warm water at any time of year...but our girls get silly and sing around the campfire, brave the freezing water, and have fun hunting for shells/sand dollars on the beach. It's a good time.

When the elder girls were still teenagers, we took them camping in the Hoh Rainforest (they were very into Twilight) and visited Forks. That was a great time - they still talk about it.

Rocky Mountain National Park -- staying on the Estes Park side I think is my favorite summer vacation place.

Other ideas that we'll be doing for summer vacations in the near future
This summer we are going to South Dakota. (Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and Custer State Park)
Next summer we are going to Paris. We are hitting Belfast for a few days too, due to DS's interest in Titanic history.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is my favorite winter/spring vacation place.

Other recent or near future winter vacations we did or will be doing
This winter we did a favorite of many on the forum (Orlando - Disney/SeaWorld)
Next Spring we are going to do a cruise on one of the big Oasis class RCCL ships.

We have gone to WDW for the last 12 years straight as our big family vacation but this summer we are going to Albuquerque, Flagstaff, Sedona, Grand Canyon and Las Vegas for 2 weeks. Actually, looking forward to something different and Disney is changing a lot and we don't feel like it's the vacation it used to be.

[QUOTE="

We also love Vegas, and we're not gamblers. We do day trips for scenery, from Mt Charleston to the Hoover Dam to the Valley of Fire. We love the lights, the shows, the excitement, but also love that 30 minutes away is some of the best scenery in the US. We are considering flying into Salt Lake City and doing Zion/Bryce this fall, then spending the other 3 days in Vegas.

If you only plan on Bryce & Zion for your trip, they are closer to Vegas than SLC.[/QUOTE]
If you are doing the Mighty 5 than SLC would make sense.

This year we’re renting a beach house on a barrier island off of Charleston, SC. We enjoyed it so much a few years ago we’re going back.
Which one did you choose? I am Charleston born and bred. Stuck in TN now, but I'm taking the kids and spending July back home. Hoping we can get moved back in the next 2 years.

Our favorite family vacation is Disney cruising. I have a spread of ages for my kiddos- 19, 11, 9, 3...and it is everyone's favorite! Alternatively, we also love a good beach resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!