Favorite entree at Sanaa?

Lazyfaire

Earning My Ears
I don’t have much experience with Indian-African food and am looking for some opinions of the entrees at Sanaa to help me get an idea of what I’d like. I’ve read a lot of rave reviews of the bread service but want to find out more about the main dishes. What do you like best and why?

First and foremost the bread service is a thing of beauty.

Ok, now that I got that out of my system if you're looking for something that is a good introduction to the flavors but isn't too far into Indian/African spices the biryani is a great choice. Its a very fragrant rice with veggies and your choice of protein that I quite enjoy.

My favorites are the potjies, which are like stews but definitely more flavor forward. They have several choices that you can pick both a protein and vegetable option. I actually prefer the vegetarian options to the meat ones with the chickpeas and paneer (cheese) being my favorite. On the protein side of the house I haven't had it, but many people rave about the butter chicken. As with the biryani I don't think the flavors are too overwhelming if you are looking to dip your toes into the spices without full on jumping in the flavor pool.

Butter chicken is probably the safest introduction to Indian food, if you're not familiar with the flavors. I've had it at Sanaa and it was good (though not as good as my local Indian spot... ). I've yet to have a new to Indian food friend try it and not like it.

Sanaa was not one of our favorite restaurants on the last trip, but the bread service was very good and the butter chicken was okay.

Biryani is my go to, delicious and not spicy hot, I usually get tofu or shrimp in it. I've had different versions of their curries over the years, and while they were good, I didn't like them as much as the biryani.

I was wondering the same thing but from the opposite view point. In the uk we have a lot of great indian restauarants.

Is there anything really worth it / different? Bread service sounds good but it is quite standard indian food and i wont eat butter chicken.

I was wondering the same thing but from the opposite view point. In the uk we have a lot of great indian restauarants.

Is there anything really worth it / different? Bread service sounds good but it is quite standard indian food and i wont eat butter chicken.
We think the food is very good, though having had Indian food in London too I would give the edge to the UK. You may want to consider just going to the lounge and having the bread service. It is that good!

It has African dishes as well, it doesn't feel like the food we get in take-aways in the UK. It's a bit of a fusion and it does feel refreshing compared to most of the places in the parks. The durban shrimp was great in the potijie and the 'flatbread' that is basically a naan bread with tandoori chicken and salad was my favourite lunch dish I had on my last trip. Bit of spice and great bread. Felt like a very posh sandwich. It's the one restaurant everyone from my trip remembers, for the food and the location. The butter chicken is the only thing that is overly similar to a British Indian restaurant.

IMO, no. It's not as good as my local Indian spot and the bread service is NOT that impressive. Again, our local spots have amazing bread services that I guess cloud my opinion ;)

I love dining at Sanaa because it's good, consistent, and isn't as dumbed down as other Disney spots (the food has flavor!) but I wouldn't rearrange plans to eat there.

I enjoyed the bread service, it was very disappointed in the braised lamb shank. I expected it to be fall off the bone tender. It was so tough I could barely chew it enough to swallow more than 2-3 bites.

I did not complain and send it back as I was full from the bread service and I was the guest of someone who had invited me to dinner.

I didn't like the butter chicken at Sanaa (I was unaccustomed to this type of seasoning), but did like the paneer cheese and the bread service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter