Favorite dining outside of the park

Amy Hammack

Earning My Ears
Our family of 5 will be traveling down in 2 weeks. We have been to Disney multiple times, but I am looking for new non-park dining ideas. Our 3 kids will be with us and the youngest is 13. We always love In-n-Out but I’m looking for somewhere nicer to go for my husbands birthday that is a sit down restaurant. He loves Mexican food, pizza parlors, really anything if the food is good and it’s good value for the portions. We will have a rental car so am open to suggestions that are farther away. We really enjoyed eating at Miller’s Ale House when we went to WDW last summer that was recommended to me from people on here! Please let me know what your favorites are!!

We also be flying home out of Long Beach, so any recommendations to do on our travel day out that way would be great! We will have a few hours to spend before our flight.

Thanks so much!!

I like Ruth's Chris on Harbor. They have a happy hour with a really good selection. It's not as cheap as it used to be (was just $6 per item just a few years ago) but at $9 it's still a great bargain. It's not huge portions, but most people could order one happy hour entree and feel reasonably full. And I've never had anything where I'd get the same quality for the price. It's only in the bar area (kids are allowed) or perhaps other areas (such as patios) depending on the location. Happy hour is only 4:30-6:30 PM M-F though.

https://www.ruthschris.com/menu/happy-hour/
https://www.ruthschris.com/restaurant-locations/anaheim/

Look into the Anaheim Packing District -- a sort of upscale food court with lots of fun options. Across the parking lot from that is the Anaheim Brewery and Umami Burger (in the old Packard building -- fun!). Marri's Pizza on Katella gets lots of great reviews here -- good pizza and red sauce Italian dishes -- affordable and generous portions. Lucille's BBQ in Orange serves a la carte and family style -- a popular place. Northwood's Inn is a popular steakhouse/family restaurant not far north of the parks -- very generous portions. Stonefire Grill in Fountain Valley might work well, too -- California style BBQ served family style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!