Favorite Dessert at Portofino....

SpideyHulk24

Secretly has the hots for Jennifer Garner and love
Okay. The time is getting closer and I think we will have at least one meal at the resort or just pick up some of the foods from the market, etc. So what is your favorite dessert at Portofino? Also, do they have cannoli's?????

I have a sweet tooth and love italian food/desserts.

I would like to answer that one but I stopped the pastries when I seen my belly out in front when walking away from dinner..................
tiggerguy2000

I had a very good chocolate praline cake at Momma Della's. It was very similar to the flourless one I make (very rich and dense), but it had a praline crust. I would highly recommend it. For an extra treat with it, splurge for a glass of really good port!

My favorite dessert at Portofino is a ritual! After dinner we walk over to the Gelateria and order a freshly filled cannoli and a cappuccino. I love the rock candy swizzles they give you whenever you order a cappuccino at any of the restaurants!

Usually after a meal at Mama's I have no room for dessert so I get one to bring back to the room for later. My favorite is Fruit & Berries with Zabaglione. It comes in a yummy lace basket.

Jessica!!! Thank you. So they do have cannoli's at Portofino. Your post made my mouth water. I cannot wait!!!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

The tarimasu (sp?) at Mama Della's is fabulous! Come to think of it, their "marshmallow milkshakes" could qualify as dessert too.

O.K i have to have one of these. Is there anywhere else you can get these as we don't have dinner plans for Mama Dellas? We are staying at the HRH but i will most likely go over to PBH to check it out for a future stay and would love to get a shake togo if they serve them at another location at PBH. Thanks for you help.

You may actually be able to get it "to go". We walked by one evening and asked if antipasta and tarimasu could be packaged to go. It was busy so it took about 20 minutes. We ordered a pizza from sal's and took everything back to the room!

If Mama Della's is open when you go by, just ask!

I don't know if they make it any where else. Good luck.

MMMMMMMM!! The Gelateria!! JR I think gained 5 pounds just thinking of all the great things there. We always ride the water taxi over and have real milk shakes, various frozen coffee delights, ice cream, etc. etc. We love to end at least one night of every trip enjoying these delicious things at a table outside by the bay.

Thanks for reminding me about it!!

Nan

I am so hungry right now. Only alittle bit longer and I will be in italian dessert heaven.

Is the Gelateria a bakery, counter service dessert place at PBH? sounds great! Since we will be at PBH 3 nights in Dec I would like more info on this place! Thanks.

The Gelateria opens onto the bay area. It is located on the east wing side. It has been a while since we were there, but then it was divided into two sides. One side was the coffee/bakery side and the other was the ice cream side. Or the bakery might have been with the ice cream, I can't exactly remember. They are connected and really one place with two entrances. It is a counter service place. There are a few tables inside and several outside as well. Be sure to check the hours of operation so that you can plan and not be disappointed. We also enjoy Sal's Deli/Pizza place which is just down (back toward the lobby building) from the Gelateria.

Have fun!

Nan

I see that you are going very soon can you find out if the Marshmallow shake can be bought at the icecream shop. Also will you post the hours that Mama Dellas is open in case i have to ask for one to go. I will choose my visit from the HRH around getting to try one of these shakes. I not really a big dessert eater but i love all things marshmallow.

mhelsey-

Consider it done. I plan on having one or two of those marshmallow shakes myself!!!! :D ;)

You can get a Marshmallow shake at Trattoria del Porto and also ordered from room service if you like. I'm not sure if the Gelateria makes em but I would ask anyway! We have never had a problem ordering anything to go from all the restaurants. Enjoy! :)

Nan,
I miss it too! You gave a perfect description of it now all I need is to be there.:)

Spidey,
You are gonna love this place!

Jess,

Haven't seen you posting lately. I was wondering where you were. I am so excited. I can't wait!

If I had a great lookin count down that read like yours...I too would be excited! ;)

I was sick:mad: AND my baby sister got married saturday..so needless to say I had no time for here! :( But now I'm feeling better and the wedding is over sooooo I can get back to my fun and next trip planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter