Favorite Counter Service at the Parks

Side note:
No one mentioned Pizza Port/Alien Pizza Planet. Is it that bad? I go there for their variety of salads and DH is always happy with their pizza.

I’ve really enjoyed the Nebula Noodle Salad as it’s very refreshing on hot days. A lot of people really love the chicken fusilli which is a huge portion great for splitting, and my kids like the pizza.

My son eats pizza here every time we are at the parks. It's pretty good when it is fresh. I also like the antipasto salad.

I admit, last weekend, I was STARVING and while my son got his pepperoni pizza, I impulsively grabbed a slice of the cheeseburger pizza and...It was FREAKING AMAZING. Honestly, it was so, so good. I didn't expect that.
We eat here sometimes. Last trip dh and I had a 3 hour date night where my sis watched the kids at bedtime. We had sm, st , btmrr mp. We were in the area. It’s not inedible. Lol we just *love* boardwalk!

We love the sun dried tomato pesto pasta at the Boardwalk in California Adventure. This last trip I tried the cauliflower sandwich at Red Rose Taverne and it was amaaaaaazing! We're also big fans of the corn dogs but order them from Stage Door because you can get fries instead of chips.

Now I'm hungry :)

INTeresting. I’ve heard mixed reviews on this. I’m scared to try it!

I've had it 2 times so far. The 2nd time was better than the first! There's some sort of sauce on there that is pretty good! And it comes with garlic fries!
I've had it twice, also. I actually like it quite a bit and I hardly like any of the food at DIsneyland. One time it was served cold. I guess it has mixed reviews because they aren't consistent.

I've had it twice, also. I actually like it quite a bit and I hardly like any of the food at DIsneyland. One time it was served cold. I guess it has mixed reviews because they aren't consistent.
Yep! My first time eating it, it was barely warm, and turned cold while I was eating it. It still didn't taste bad, so that is why I ordered it on a different day. Glad I did because that time is was delicious!

At DL, we like to do French Market. The food is good with a Cajun flavor. But really, we got there simply to have benigets (pastries) afterwards. They're not as good as the Jazz Kitchen, but the get the job done. That really the only CS at DL that I can say we need to do. All the other one are sorta ho-hum. Especially after they killed the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich at Hungry Bear.

As DCA, hands down my favorite is Pacific Wharf. I always get Clam Chowder in bread bowl. They bread is baked fresh daily and is awesome. And if you don't like clam chowder, they always have a great soup of the day instead. I can't imagine a trip to DL without going here. The Lucky Fortune Cookery has good Chinese food. Cocina Cucamonga ain't "Central Valley" quality Mexican, but it's still better than anything you'd get east of California. Flo's is good food with awesome ambiance. And we even like Smokejumpers for the chili burger. Overall, for us, DCA kicks DL's hinders when it comes to quick service.

At DL, we like to do French Market. The food is good with a Cajun flavor. But really, we got there simply to have benigets (pastries) afterwards. They're not as good as the Jazz Kitchen, but the get the job done. That really the only CS at DL that I can say we need to do. All the other one are sorta ho-hum. Especially after they killed the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich at Hungry Bear.

As DCA, hands down my favorite is Pacific Wharf. I always get Clam Chowder in bread bowl. They bread is baked fresh daily and is awesome. And if you don't like clam chowder, they always have a great soup of the day instead. I can't imagine a trip to DL without going here. The Lucky Fortune Cookery has good Chinese food. Cocina Cucamonga ain't "Central Valley" quality Mexican, but it's still better than anything you'd get east of California. Flo's is good food with awesome ambiance. And we even like Smokejumpers for the chili burger. Overall, for us, DCA kicks DL's hinders when it comes to quick service.

Out here in AZ, we have great Mexican food that is better than Cocina Cucamonga.

I liked the cauliflower sandwich at Red Rose Taverne a lot. It comes with spicy fried green beans that really make the dish. I just took the tomato off the sandwich.
The other counter service place I like is Hungry Bear in DL. The food is basic (but good), and the seats by the Rivers of America are idyllic.

I was reading about the cauli sandwich and wondering if it was worth it. I'm so glad everyone on here seems to have tried it and most of you like it, now I feel more comfortable trying it! Thanks everyone!

Remember, you can order any entrée (sandwich, burger, corn dog, etc.) ala carte if you don't want the chips or fries it comes with. They'll take off a dollar or so. Or you can ask for fruit instead, but it might be just grapes (which can be refreshing).
Also, if you don't think you can eat a whole chicken plate at Plaza Inn, those items can be ala carte too. My husband and I ordered one chicken meal and then added on an extra side dish and roll. It was enough food for both of us.
At Pacific Wharf, you can ask for the bread on the side if you order a soup or a salad; that way it doesn't get soggy.
Must get the Matterhorn Macaroon at Holly Jolly if you like coconut. If not, there are MANY other wonderful choices.
If Earl of Sandwich is back, that's a good place too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter