Favorite Attraction from Childhood

First (and only) childhood trip was DLR when I was 9. I think 20K and PP were my favorites from that trip. Current favorites are HM and TOT, but Peter Pan is still a biggie for me :earsboy:

Hey, Micca, just a memory check, but DLR has never had a 20,000 Leagues ride. It has Submarine Voyage, which is similar but themed to modern subs (and now with Finding Nemo characters). The Nautilus subs were only at Magic Kingdom (and sadly now all scrapped).

Hey, Micca, just a memory check, but DLR has never had a 20,000 Leagues ride. It has Submarine Voyage, which is similar but themed to modern subs (and now with Finding Nemo characters). The Nautilus subs were only at Magic Kingdom (and sadly now all scrapped).

Thanks Brian! You know I almost called it the submarine ride but someone else mentioned 20K and stuck with me. :)

Thanks Brian! You know I almost called it the submarine ride but someone else mentioned 20K and stuck with me. :)

Well, they were almost the same ride for the most part. The same tech was used. Only the boats themselves and the narration differed, and the MK version emphasized the giant squid.

I know how it is. I had some very vivid memories of WDW from when I was a kid, but when I finally went back as an adult I found that some of those things that I remembered were not quite accurate.

Disney World: Carousel of Progress and the Skyway. I have memories of 20 Leagues but can't save it was my favorite. Remember feel claustrophobic.

I did not start going until I was 45 and my daughter was 5. Her mother remembered me talking about the Dumbo ride being at the end of the credits for Wonderful World Of Disney and let me do that as a 1st ride with her. At 17 I still get that girl to ride Dumbo with me.

I remember 4 in my mind major things form my first trip in 1971 with my grandfather. The Contemporary Resort we stayed there my grandfather was very interested in the Modular construction, The Tiki Birds I just loved it and still do, The Jungle Cruise which was under refurbishment on my next visit bummed me out & the Mickey balloons the clear ones with Mickey Heads inside them. I still have the necklace that my grandfather bought me.

Kae

I grew up going to Tokyo Disneyland during my summers almost every week. I loved the Electric Parade... not because of the parade but because we could ride Space Mountain over and over again.

My first visit was to WDW when only Magic Kingdom was there. My favorites were Haunted Mansion, Mr. Toad and the Main Street Electrical Parade. HM is still one of my favorite and I wish the other 2 were still there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!