• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite area in OKW

tink_about_it

Mouseketeer
We are staying at OKW in a 2BR July 8-14 for our very first trip home! :cool1: We just purchased 230 OKW pts. I realize a request is simply that, but I am hoping that some of you would share your favorite area to stay and why...maybe even include a photo or 2. I would appreciate any responses!:thumbsup2

Tink about it
have a wonderful trip home,,
I just bumped the "Old Key West Lovers" thread for you,,the magical beauty of the landscaping is my favorite.
Hugs Mel

Why don't you figure out yourself which is your favorite? In order to do that you'll have to stay at OKW as many times as possible, in as many different areas as possible. Think of how much fun your "research" will be! Our favorite area is Miller Road. Our least favorite area is Southpoint. However, for other people here, their favorite is Southpoint, and I'm sure there are people who are saying "Miller Road-I don't want to stay there again!" We've stayed a couple times in the Turtle Pond area and I'm posting two pictures, just to show you how different that area can be, depending on which building you're in. This was from #32-

6-25-2006-108.jpg

And this was from #42-

DSCF0591.jpg

I like your way of thinking! In fact, we are starting our research this July...and already have another trip in the works for the next June at OKW...so it sounds like a plan. I've heard good things also about miller's road! I like waterviews and like to be sort of near the "heart" of a resort. I would prefer to be near the main pool and hospitality house. I noted on the ressie "NEAR MAIN POOL"...

We like buildings 11-13, but Simba's Mom has the best plan....give several locations a try and decide what YOUR favorite is.
John

We've only stayed at OKW once, and we were at Southpointe. When I looked at the map, I didn't think we'd like being so far from the main building, but we loved it! It was quiet, we were right next to the bus stop, and a short hop to the leisure pool (which we almost always had to ourselves). The one time we went to the main pool we just hopped on the bus.

Our friends recently stayed at Turtle Pond, and they were very happy with it. It was a laid-back, relaxing vacation for them, very little park time, and they loved the leisure pool and the snack bar, especially having two little ones.

We'll be back there in Oct., and I think we'll just leave it to fate and see where we end up. I'm thinking there may not be a "bad" spot at OKW!

I can't tell you my favourite 2 bedroom at OKW because we check-in on July 14th, and I want my room early:rolleyes1 We love Turtle Pond area - that's all I can say!!! Have a great time - we're bringing our friends and their little guys this trip for their first visit, so we're very excited to welcome them 'home' with us!!!

We stayed at OKW our last 2 visits! The first time we were right across from the lobby and the main pool which was nice! The second time we stayed at turtle pond! A very short walk to the pool and the snack shack! It worked out great because our kids were not with us and the pool was almost always completely empty! If you have little ones or big ones for that matter that are going to want to use the main pool with the water slide I'd try and get close to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter